Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#435574 - Tue Aug 19 2008 02:09 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England†UK
Although I've not posted anything, I've been following this thread with interest. Sadness and joy, fun and tears, are all here.
Good idea to start a new thread!

#435575 - Wed Aug 20 2008 02:13 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South†Africa††††††††††
Congratulations Satguru. The first sale is always the most exciting. Hope you get more sales from the other leads.

I recently started making Lemon Curd and selling it (hoping to make some money towards a barging holiday in France next year) and I kept counting and recounting my money after I had made a few sales. Now need to find a creative way to market my product.

#435576 - Wed Aug 20 2008 04:14 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong† Hong†Kong††††††
Sad news from my dear friend Bonnie (Purple Fan.) I think she needs some FT-TLC as her mum is seriously ill , and she is flying to Thunder Bay tomorrow, hoping to reach there in time.
My good news is rather overshadowed by that, but my Intensive English Course, to prepare the new intake for school next month, has gone very well, thanks to the student teachers that Sue found me from Jersey.

#435577 - Wed Aug 20 2008 05:08 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
auntie1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Kingsville VIC†Australia
Lemon Curd; aka Lemon Butter, nectar of the gods, the eighth wonder of the culinary world!
Good luck with your marketing, lady1!

I love to cook jams, pickles, etc., but if I tried publicly selling, I would be beseiged by every food inspector around, because I don't have a "registered" kitchen.
Strangely enough, the same products are gratefully accepted as fundraisers when donated.I rarely get even some sugar to defray my expenses.
Most silly sods don't think to return their empty jars, but keep asking when they can have another batch of freebies. I tell them as soon as I figure out how to pour marmalade into brown paper bags.......
Tis said The Lord loveth a cheerful giver. I think The Lord might be ambivalent regarding me.

#435578 - Wed Aug 20 2008 09:49 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC†Canada
Glad to hear your good news Sara.

I hope to get home in time to say my good-byes and let her know I love her.

She has terminal cancer and also has Alzheimers and she is 87.

I am leaving on Friday my time at 11:30pm and hope to get home on Sat morning.

This isn't a fun trip this time.

PF

#435579 - Wed Aug 20 2008 09:53 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
Bonnie, I know quite well how it feels where you are right now . I have you all in my thoughts and prayers.

#435580 - Wed Aug 20 2008 10:02 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Oh PF I will be thinking of you on your not very pleasant trip.

Auntie1 I know exactly how you feel about the freebies and the empty jars. I have been making lemon curd and jam for years and giving it away. Now I am selling it, all those people who used to get freebies don't buy from me.

Edited by lady1 (Wed Aug 20 2008 10:02 AM)

#435581 - Wed Aug 20 2008 10:07 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London†UK†††††††††††
Very sorry to hear the news Bonnie, and hope you make it in time.

Another bit of good news for me today, one of my photos has been used for the BBC website. And there I was thinking they had their own photographers but they just trawl the net and get them for free! (as I allow them to be).
I hope this stays up more than a week the programme's being streamed for but it'll certainly link till then at least.
BBC radio4

#435582 - Wed Aug 20 2008 10:38 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Purple Fan/ Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear your news. Best wishes coming from England. We'll all here for you xxx

#435583 - Wed Aug 20 2008 11:08 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
PF, my heart goes out to you. Warm wishes and prayers for you and your mom.

Congrats, Dave on your postcards. And to you, too, Sara on your good news.

#435584 - Wed Aug 20 2008 02:38 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Well satguru at least they did give you credit you for your picture. Congrats.

#435585 - Wed Aug 20 2008 04:08 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio†USA†††††††††
PF, I am also thinking of you. Trips like your's are among things we all hope will never happen, but are part of life. I have had to do the same several times. Please remember how many people in this family care about you.

#435586 - Thu Aug 21 2008 05:39 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
auntie1 Offline
Enthusiast

PF, I echo the sentiments of the others. My mother too has Alzheimers and is in end stage heart disease at age 92.
Thankfully she now lives in a hostel near me and is under palliative care. Plenty of TLC but no medical heroics!
Her dementia lets her believe she is just unsteady on her feet today and has a bit of a cough.
It's only a matter of time until we get into your current situation PurpleFan, but until then every moment is a bonus.

#435587 - Thu Aug 21 2008 05:51 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

How sad auntie1 but 92 is quite a milestone. It is sad to watch parents ageing. We should treasure every moment we have with them.

#435588 - Thu Aug 21 2008 06:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
It's a hard situation, Purple Fan [ and Auntie one] and I'm sorry you have to endure all you must be feeling right now.
To me, this is almost a scary time of life, because one knows their folks won't live forever, especially the more fragile ones. I lost my father eight years ago and it was very difficult to get past.
God be with you and your family.

Edited by ktstew (Thu Aug 21 2008 06:07 AM)

#435589 - Thu Aug 21 2008 12:18 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England†UK
It's very sad PF, and the loss of a person's mind may be worse than the loss of general health; especially for those who knew that person when they were fully aware of their surroundings. This grief should soon end, and our thoughts are with you.

#435590 - Fri Aug 22 2008 02:30 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Today - 22nd of August - is a landmark day for me Today marks the five year anniversary since I was told that I had borderline diabetes. Strange landmark and with a very happy outcome!
My weight had always been up and down but in the early 90's it began to pile on. By 2000 I was at my heaviest. I had sausage rolls and chocolate muffins at least three or four times a week. There were always biscuits in the house so they were easily accessiable. I didn't do any exercise whatsoever. I was in constant pain with my joints, constantly tired (this is about the only thing that hasn't changed much! ) and my legs and feet were constantly swollen.
My local Doctor was very understanding and did his best. But in August 2003, we decided the only way to find out what was wrong with me would be to go for a blood-test. I have always had a fear of injections but finally had the blood-test. The Doctor telephoned us personally to tell us that I had borderline diabetes. If I didn't change my eating habits right away it would mean injections every day. So I decided on the "easy" option, and change my lifestyle.
And it has been very surprisingly easy. I still allow myself treats at weekends and at special occasions. I was thirteen stone (and probably much heavier!) five years ago and now I am Eight Stone and six pounds. I've lost over four and a half stone in five years and that weight will never go completely back on. I couldn't had done it though, without the encouragment of my parents. Dad was ever so proud of me. And my friends at Funtrivia have been a tremendous support too. So a really nice high today

#435591 - Fri Aug 22 2008 03:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong† Hong†Kong††††††
Well done Jane! We are so very proud of you for what you have achieved.

#435592 - Fri Aug 22 2008 06:42 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
auntie1 Offline
Enthusiast

You've gone about it so sensibly with a long-term goal and no crash or fad dieting. Congratulations, you deserve your good results.

#435593 - Fri Aug 22 2008 10:34 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel†Islands††††
Well done Jane. You constant and gradual weight loss has been an inspiration to us all, it can be done and you are the living proof.

We are proud of you.

#435594 - Fri Aug 22 2008 11:37 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
talentedone Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Littleton Colorado†USA††††††††
Outstanding, Jane. Congratulations.

You show great strength of character. Keep up the good work.

#435595 - Fri Aug 22 2008 12:19 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
That's superb, Jane! You are my inspiration. In this world of instant gratification, you have shown that slow and easy really is the best way. Best to you!

#435596 - Fri Aug 22 2008 03:21 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel†Islands††††
Sort of bad and good I suppose.

The other week when my son was mugged he asked me to put some money in the bank for him as he lost his money. He asked for £20. He left a garbled message on my answerphone the other week about the amount being more than he expected but I didn't understand what he meant and thanking me. Today he left another message, he spoke of the £200. Eh? He has replaced his phone so gave me a number. I phoned him having checked the bank slip for the transaction and to my horror they transferred £200 and not £20 - so that is the bad bit.

The good bit is that he told me, he thought I said I would send £20 and could have just not mentioned it to me. He says he will pay me back but it will take him a while. So that is good - he is still honest.

#435597 - Sun Aug 24 2008 12:21 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Highlight of today was "Prince" William getting christened

#435598 - Sun Aug 24 2008 12:29 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel†Islands††††
Wonderful Jane.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943