Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#435599 - Mon Aug 25 2008 04:02 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
High of my day was finding a song that my dance partner and I can do part of our showcase to. It's 'Learn to be Lonely' from Phantom of the Opera, and it's a really beautiful song.

#435600 - Tue Aug 26 2008 02:44 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Aarggh. Bad night, and bad morning! Here, I am unable to sleep, and my alarm is set to ring in two hours - I have to go to work! I'll be snoozing the whole day.

#435601 - Tue Aug 26 2008 04:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
My high will only mean something to paper crafters - my CuttleBug arrived in the mail this morning! Yay!

#435602 - Tue Aug 26 2008 04:33 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
ahhhh - you will love it, Sue! I don't have that machine but something similar. Have you cottoned onto the embossing folders yet? They are fantastic on cards.

My high has been finding an old pet. It was a feral goat that we picked up as a tiny kid about eight years ago. SHe has disappeared a couple of times and come home with her own kid in tow but this timeshe's been gone for about a year so we thought she had died. Today we were riding around close to the house and there she was feeding away with a tiny kid hangin on her. It was like seeing an old friend and she came up straight away for a pat.

Low .. sheesh, trying to teach a six year old how to write. My word it is frustrating. I don't know how teachers do it!! Kudos to you all!!

#435603 - Tue Aug 26 2008 05:54 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Yes I received the folders before the machine.

As for Conor's writing, unless you wrote his 'thank you' card to me I would say he is doing great.

#435604 - Tue Aug 26 2008 06:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

oh, he can do it alright and has improved HEAPS recently - he just hates having to do it! It's like pulling teeth to get him to sit down and do the writing part of his school work. Quite happy to do other parts of the work but would prefer to anything else than actually write.

#435605 - Tue Aug 26 2008 07:13 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
My low is I dropped my beloved camera this weekend and now it won't turn on. I couldn't believe it when it happened. I just stood there and stared at it stupidly not believing that I dropped it. I carried that camera with me everywhere and I feel sort of lost without it. I got out my old camera and am trying to re-learn how to use it again.

#435606 - Tue Aug 26 2008 09:10 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

oh bugger - Don't suppose your home insurance will cover it, Clarasue?

#435607 - Fri Aug 29 2008 10:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Low (ish) part of Jane's world is that Mum has got a blood clot in her leg. She had a big operation ten years ago, and developed DVT (Deep Veined Thrombosis). Thankfully it was treated with medicine, and the same again now. She's at home and will have the district nutse coming to give her a injection each day. I am sure, though, that she will soon be back to full fitness soon.

#435608 - Fri Aug 29 2008 06:59 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Oh, gosh, Jane I have only juast seen this. I hope all goes well with your Ma's treatment again. I am sorry to hear your news.

#435609 - Fri Aug 29 2008 10:56 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Jane, that's bad news, I hope it works out well for everyone involved.

High for my week is that I just got not one, but two new dresses for the ball next weekend, and a new skirt for my next dance comp.
Low of the week is that I have to decide which dress to wear.

#435610 - Sat Aug 30 2008 01:25 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MaggieG Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wales UK
Best wishes to your Mum, Jane. I'm sure the treatment will be successful. I'm thinking of you.

#435611 - Sat Aug 30 2008 02:31 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Best wishes to your Mum from me too Jane. My daughter had a blood clot last year and I know how scary it can be.

My low yesterday was taking my daughter to the airport to catch her flight to Atlanta and finding out that the plane was stuck in Dakar and the flight had to be cancelled. She is supposed to be on a flight on Sunday morning - which has also been cancelled. Don't know exactly when she will be leaving now.

#435612 - Sat Aug 30 2008 04:01 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Jane, please pass my best wishes to your mother for a speedy recovery.

#435613 - Sat Aug 30 2008 08:44 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Very sorry to hear about your mum Jane, but it sounds like they've picked it up well in time.

My low today was getting my bank statement to find my card has been cloned and most of the account has been cleared out in Australia. The fact it was also used here ought to have alerted them to it as it did the last time but it just carried on till I cancelled it just now. Now I have to wait for a refund.

#435614 - Sat Aug 30 2008 11:07 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
Jane, I echo all the sentiments as far as your mother and it is good that it was picked up on quickly.

lady, That sounds like quite the mess and so aggravating! Don't you just love how smoothly airlines and flights go sometimes? Hopefully they will reimburse her in some way for all the troubles.

#435615 - Sat Aug 30 2008 11:42 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Sorry to hear your card was "cloned" Satguru, and the flight delay Lady.
Mum is in good spirits, resting up

#435616 - Sat Aug 30 2008 06:25 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Low for my week is a fairly minor low compared to other people's, but I've just reserved a book at the library and I'm queue position number 49. It's a popular book and all, but wow.

#435617 - Sat Aug 30 2008 08:47 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Pagiedamon Offline

Loc: North Carolina USA
Low point of my week...my six year old was sad because someone called her "stupid" on the bus.

#435618 - Sun Aug 31 2008 04:02 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Ballykissangel Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada    
Awww. Kids can be so hurtful.

#435619 - Mon Sep 01 2008 09:05 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
High for today is getting my computer back in running order. We were on vacation for a week and when we returned, it was running so slowly I couldn't stand to use it! Best wishes to your mum, Jane!

#435620 - Tue Sep 02 2008 07:08 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Feeling not good at all today. I've been told that my massive project is due tomorrow, not Thursday, and there are so many other things tomorrow as well. Peer support leader applications are due in and I have several music performances at the Women's and Children's Hospital at lunchtime.
In addition to that I had a guy that I sort of like ask me out, for 'hormonal' reasons. I figure that means he's lonely and he wants someone. From that I figure if there is a relationship it will be built more on the physical side of things than the emotional, and I don't think I'm ready for that. He's a nice guy and good looking, but I'm sure that I like him that much. I've also only just broken up with my previous boyfriend, so I'm going to tell him to wait a month or so and then ask me again. It's made me feel queasy and out of it all day though.

#435621 - Tue Sep 02 2008 10:23 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
djsgal Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Springfield Virginia USA     
Quote:

It's made me feel queasy and out of it all day though.

When in doubt, ALWAYS listen to your stomach, lioness! Your head may tell you one thing, but your stomach always knows the truth. Sounds like you know what to do.

#435622 - Tue Sep 02 2008 03:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:

Quote:

It's made me feel queasy and out of it all day though.

When in doubt, ALWAYS listen to your stomach, lioness! Your head may tell you one thing, but your stomach always knows the truth. Sounds like you know what to do.

Well, I think it was mostly the stress I had about the project and the performance, but he didn't help it much. He chose a really bad day to ask, on any other day I might've been fine.
But I'm going to tell him today to wait a month...I can't avoid him until tomorrow, and I don't really want to put it off.

#435623 - Thu Sep 04 2008 12:51 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Ballykissangel Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada    
The highlight of my week was watching my two little boys heading off to school with their 'brand new' school stuff. Hair plastered in place....big toothy smiles on their faces. I am blessed to have kids who enjoy school and school work....there is no hauling them out of bed in the morning and threatening to get them out the door....maybe that will chance when they are a bit older, but I sure hope not.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943