Rules
Terms of Use

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#435699 - Mon Oct 13 2008 08:47 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
School started again yesterday. So far so good. Whinging about writing was becoming quite a habit there last term but the lad seems to have forgotten all that. *phew* It was getting quite draining. Nine more weeks til next holidays!!

#435700 - Mon Oct 13 2008 10:00 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ecnalubma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brisbane Queensland Australia 
My boy-child is home again today - sick.

It's not like him to say that he's sick, as he loves school, so at least I don't need to worry about him faking it to get a day off.

My concern is, as always, making sure that he's not 'too sick'. Because of his autism, he often doesn't mention or otherwise indicate that he is feeling unwell until it is really bad. I kiss his forehead at least twice a day, to assess his temperature. I remember one morning I kept him home from school after I found out that he had tonsilitis by noticing an increase in temperature when giving him his morning 'kiss', then looking in his throat. Swollen, pus-covered tonsils, increased temperature, red-raw throat, and this kid says nothing. When I asked him if his throat was sore, I get a 'Yes, Mum'. Later that afternoon, he developed breathing troubles because his tonsils had swollen so badly. Thank goodness I kept him home, and that (at the time) I worked next door to home and was on station. I walk in home to hear him wheezing away like and old steam boiler - I was so worried that day. Thank goodness for IV anti-biotics. Don't get me started on the day he broke his arm!

It's not so bad today - he sounds like an old bullfrog when he does speak, and coughs a bit, but the doc says it's viral. What a relief!

#435701 - Tue Oct 14 2008 08:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
Good luck, Copago, maybe I can send some patience your way?

ec, I really hope your son starts feeling better and soon. Scary when they can't tell you what is actually wrong. In your case, it's almost like having a baby that can't speak yet, but thankfully you know what to look for and how to take care of him. One advantage we medical *nerds* have, eh?

#435702 - Thu Oct 16 2008 03:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
I have a job interview on Saturday.

#435703 - Thu Oct 16 2008 04:01 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

More details, Lioness! And all the best!

A good few years ago we had a member called ProofReader - anyone remember her? Haven't seen her about for yonks but last night I was playing a drawing game and this name popped up and the bio said from Brissie. Thought it was a bit of a co-incidence but asked a couple questions and it was her. (I was using a name she wouldn't have recognised) LOL Was like running into a long lost friend in the shopping centre.

#435704 - Thu Oct 16 2008 04:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Details, well: It's for Woolworths, and I applied for about 5 things - part time and casual checkout chick and deli assistant, and also a longlife assistant, whatever that is
I think it's something to do with all the longlife things (I wonder how I figured that bit out!) but I'm not sure whether it's restocking them or what. The lady on the phone said that the interview was for all the jobs, but the email she sent me just said Deli Assistant. I guess they couldn't be bothered sending five emails.

#435705 - Thu Oct 16 2008 02:34 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Well, fingers crossed for you

School is going quite well this week. Surprise surprise. Looks like we've left the whinger from last term back there. Amazing the difference it makes being able to go in do the work, have fun and get out at lunch time rather than nearly having to tie him to the chair and glue a pencil in his hand.

How's your young one going, Ecnalubma?

#435706 - Thu Oct 16 2008 03:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

"casual checkout chick"
Tell me, is that how they worded it on the application, lioness?
"longlife assistant, whatever that is"
Ooooh, maybe you are a potion maker that enables people to live forever or at least a looong time.

Copago,
So glad to hear the whining disappeared and Conor stayed!

ecnalubma,
More wishes from me too that your son is feeling much better.

#435707 - Thu Oct 16 2008 03:38 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Quote:

Tell me, is that how they worded it on the application, lioness?

LOL.
Never thought about it but it must be a bit of slang .. so much so that I can't think of another word for it of the top of my head that didn't sound a tad pretentious (like being a 'home economist')

#435708 - Thu Oct 16 2008 08:14 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Gill, tell proofreader to come back and say hello- that was some coincidence although I think a lot of us tend to frequent many similar places.

I'm pleased today as after months of fiddling finally got a second clip of my TV programme on Youtube, although the conversion program was nasty enough to leave its logo in the middle of it. But as I hadn't found any other to edit the clip I had to be content with that for now, and was asked to post it for another person who's in it some time ago so he will be very pleased as well.

Edited by satguru (Thu Oct 16 2008 08:15 PM)

#435709 - Fri Oct 17 2008 12:37 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Well, they actually called it a Checkout Operator, or something along those lines, but I'd get all manner of people looking at me weirdly if I told them I was a console operator.

Good news I guess is that my stomach took up it's complaining about my new boyfriend again, so I've broken it off. We wanted different things from the relationship so I thought it best to stop it before it got awkward.

#435710 - Fri Oct 17 2008 10:00 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Andrew and I returned from our back-packing trip around Costa Rica, yesterday. We saw a lot of beautiful spots, including Arenal volcano which continually throws red-hot lava. Unfortunately it was only doing the odd dribble when we were there, but was exciting nevertheless. We also did a canopy zipline tour in La Fortuna - very exciting! There were about 12 or 15 lines (I lost count around the eight mark) the longest which was 500 metres. It is really something to fly around the tree tops! Andrew took another zipline tour in Monteverde, a bit more extreme, which mom decided not to go on, as it included a 'Tarzan swing' where they push you off a platform for a bungie-style drop/fly. The longest line on that tour was an awesome 750 metres - he couldn't see the end of it from the start!

We then headed up to Nicaragua for 5 days, in order for me to renew my visa. We spent the time in Grenada, a very picturesque colonial town on the coast of Lake Nicaragua, which we both really enjoyed. However, as we headed back south along the Pacific coast back into Costa Rica we got caught up in a huge tropical storm which we were unaware of. I have never seen so much rain!! After 3 days of continual deluge we decided to cut our trip short and return to Orosi. Apparently people were being evacuated, so we were very lucky we didn't get stranded.

Those two weeks away flew by, Andrew is here just for another five days, then flies back to Whistler, Canada. It certainly has been great to spend the time with him after such a long time of not seeing each other.

Good to be back here too, and catch up here on what my forum friends are up to - look forward to reading the rest of the forum posts, and getting back into posting myself!

#435711 - Fri Oct 17 2008 10:11 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Glad you are still heading the wise stomach, lioness. You know yourself.

Welcome back, Mags!

#435712 - Fri Oct 17 2008 01:04 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Good to see you back, Mags. THe holiday sounds great - especially the sipline hike - that must have been fantastic!!

#435713 - Sat Oct 18 2008 06:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Welcome back Mags. It sounds like you and Andrew had a realy good time. Nice to spend time alone with the kid every once in a while. I spent 5 days with my daughter in Mozambique diving last week and enjoyed every minute of it.

#435714 - Sat Oct 18 2008 06:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Nice to see you back Mags, wondered where you had dissapeared to. Sounds like you had a fantastic time .

#435715 - Mon Oct 20 2008 05:20 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Oh dear, no sooner than I've broken up with one, another comes chasing after me! Will it ever end??

On a plus side, I got new dance shoes. They're pretty and silver and have higher heels than the last pair.

#435716 - Mon Oct 20 2008 02:26 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Oh you poor thing, lioness! Men chasing after you .. tsk tsk .. I feel soo sorry for you

How'd the job interview go?

#435717 - Mon Oct 20 2008 02:28 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Job interview-wise, I got past the first group interview and have another one at the store tomorrow night.

#435718 - Tue Oct 21 2008 05:59 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Thanks for the welcome back, ladies!

Good luck with your interview lioness.

#435719 - Tue Oct 21 2008 06:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Yes, welcome back, Miss Mags!

And you're now required to thank the gentlemen around here, too, for missing you .

#435720 - Tue Oct 21 2008 06:27 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Why, thank you very much Mr. Gats - and welcome back to you also! You were missed, good to see you back again!

#435721 - Tue Oct 21 2008 08:30 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Quote:

Oh dear, no sooner than I've broken up with one, another comes chasing after me! Will it ever end??

Oh, Lioness -how exhausting it all must be! However - somebody has to be wildly popular. You must accept your assignment in life with chin up.

#435722 - Tue Oct 21 2008 11:50 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Here's a conversation I had the other day ..

phone rings

"Hello?"

"Hello, my name is Mary calling from the Commonwealth bank about an insurance offer that you would have received recently in the mail, could I please speak to Jillian Macnar .. Macarm .. Macarmar .. Macmar, no, wait, Macnamar ,, "

"it's okay, that's me"

"Hi, *laugh* sorry about that ... before we go on I do need to tell you that all phone calls are recorded for coaching purposes.
Now do you mind if I call you by your first name?"

*laughing to myself*

"Yes, I do mind. I'd prefer if you used my last name ... "

long pause ..

hehe, I let her go the full distance on her spiel before I said I wasn't intersted. Thought it might be useful for coaching purposes.

#435723 - Wed Oct 22 2008 03:53 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Hehe, nice one Copago.

I had the second job interview today, and I think it went rather well. The store manager said I had a fairly good chance of getting it, and I'll know by tomorrow night!

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943