Round 31 – The Chickenpox Round - Results
Six dedicated puzzle solvers gave all for this round. Thanks to all of them for participating.
1. Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn Zakariya Razi (Rhazes) made a famous quote on medical ethics that begins “The doctor’s aim is to do good ….” Please supply me with a word of seven or eight letters that follows this introduction in the quote.
For 10 Points – Benefit and Remedies
For 5 Points – Kindred (2) and Welfare (2)
Not Chosen – Enemies, Friends, Forbids, Imposed, and Compose
2. Please tell me the name of an episode of South Park that preceded Chickenpox in season 2 of that show.
For 10 Points – Chickenlover, Conjoined Fetus Lady, The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka, and Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls
For 5 Points - City on the Edge of Forever (2)
Not Chosen - Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus, Cartman's Mom Is Still a Dirty [censored], Ike's Wee Wee, and Summer Sucks (Amazing what this site lets through and what it will censor.)
3. Tell me the name of one of the tracks on the album At Mickey Cohen's Thursdaynight Pokergame by Chickenpox.
For 10 Points - Anything You Say and Pretty Face
For 5 Points - I Won't Change (2) and Rob A Bank (2)
Not Chosen - Running Late, I Don't Believe You, Thirtysomethingrestlesslife, Defence, Stupid, Sitting On My Roof, and The Night Johnny Tosh Was Killed
4. Go to the Wikipedia page for Plain Old XML (POX) and give me another word of computer jargon used on that page.
For 10 Points - Dublin Core, XInclude, XLink, RDF, REST. and YAML (10 Points All!)
Not Chosen - XML Namespaces, POTS, XML Schema, JSON-derivatives, and SOAP
5. Tell me a word of seven letters or more that can be made from the letters in “Varicella Zoster”.
For 10 Points - Traveller, Erratics, Avarice, Creolizes, Striver, and Stellar (10 Points All!)
Not Chosen – Alleviate, Allocate, Arrival, Articles, Aviators, Calories, and Cloister among many others
The Results –
With 45 points – Mugaboo, brandz_mygirl, and Gatsby722
With 40 points – deepakmr and denni19
With 35 points – szabs
Winning the last Trivia Points for the month of October are Mugaboo, brandz_mygirl, and Gatsby722 . Congratulation to all of you. Also I want to welcome deepakmr to the Trivia Rounds – we hope you enjoy playing.