Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#454628 - Wed Jan 21 2009 07:56 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
Good to hear your holiday gifts have finally arrived ladies.

Junior came home yesterday and is very tired. Doctor said he'd been a 'bad boy' while staying overnight with her as he'd gotten himself tangled up in his IV line, pulled out some staples and tore a few stitches. Despite it all, she said it was a good sign that he was starting to feel better. To see him is quite unnerving, shaved and stapled and topped-off with an Elizabethan collar. He'll have to keep it on for two weeks while the incision heals and until he gets the staples removed. Until then I'll have to take care to see that he's eating and drinking enough - the collar gets in his way. My son had a brief moment of fear when he saw him but quickly got past it when I reminded him that the hair will grow back and the collar will come off in two weeks. After considering the alternative, he was thrilled to have him home.

#454629 - Wed Jan 21 2009 03:04 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
That is great news, BurgGurl! I hope his recovery is quick!

My low point of the week was yesterday when I saw a TV commercial about the 45th anniversary of the movie "Mary Poppins." I can remember seeing it in the theater as a child....boy, am I old...

#454630 - Wed Jan 21 2009 03:15 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Great news BurgGurl, glad it worked out well for everyone.

#454631 - Wed Jan 21 2009 03:24 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

I don't know if I should admit this, but I'm almost forty and I've never seen Mary Poppins once . (There quite a few movie classics I've never seen!)

#454632 - Wed Jan 21 2009 06:42 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Mary Poppins is great! It was one of my favourite childhood movies.

Low of my week is Telstra and their pitiful excuse for customer service. They really have been a pain.

#454633 - Thu Jan 22 2009 01:11 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Mary Poppins is utterly brilliant - I never tire of seeing it, and hope to see it on stage one day!
Everything is going fairly well in "Jane's world". Mum found a lump under her sking a few months ago. Instead of leaving it, and it being more of a problem eventually, she is going to have it removed, on February 10th. Let's hope she will be in and out of hospital the same day.
Also, young William starts "playschool" three days a week next week. It will make things easier on me and Mum, as we mind him while his Mum and grandparents are at work. My niece is also back living at home with William, seeming her boyfriend is in the army and will be here and there for the next few months.

#454634 - Thu Jan 22 2009 02:27 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
veronikkamarrz Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Carson City
Nevada USA 
BG, grab the kid, and go get Mary Poppins on DVD! You will all LOVE it! It was one of my favorites.

Junior may even get a bored yawn out of it! Best wishes to him, and his collar.
That will probably be his loudest complaint.

#454635 - Fri Jan 23 2009 06:26 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dave53 Offline
Participant

Loc: Derry Pennsylvania USA
Just stopping in to say good morning to everyone before I go to bed. I work the overnight shift a few days a week so I sleep during the day, yeah, it sucks, but ya kinda get used to it.
Hope y'all have a nice day.

#454636 - Fri Jan 23 2009 07:56 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
SHhhhhhhhh everyone! You all let Dave sleep now.....

#454637 - Fri Jan 23 2009 08:38 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

I will have to make it a point to see it sometime, I don't know why I haven't already seen it. Like I said before, there are many classic films I have yet to see.

Dave53, I tried to PM you but I can't find you on the main site.... Can anyone else?

#454638 - Fri Jan 23 2009 08:48 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

BurgGurl, did you use lower case 'd'?

#454639 - Fri Jan 23 2009 08:51 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I get a "user not found" message, also.

#454640 - Fri Jan 23 2009 08:54 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Hmm.. I just clicked on his screenname here, and his profile sheet came up ok..logged off this morning at 6.31

#454641 - Fri Jan 23 2009 08:58 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

I only clicked-through to his page in the forums, but the link there dead-ends.

#454642 - Fri Jan 23 2009 09:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Try accessing him from his user name on this page - the dead end (I think) means he may not have played on the game side. You can PM him from bottom of page. (All said in a whisper so as not to wake him up)

#454643 - Fri Jan 23 2009 09:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
BG - I'm so glad to hear he is home, looking strange for awhile, but in one piece. I have to agree, that is a great vet. You want the best doctors for your kids and also for your pets, I know.

I also felt old seeing the commercials for 'Mary Poppins', but agree, it is a great movie!

It is good to hear from all of you, as always. Happy snoozing, Dave...

Edited by jordandog (Sat Jan 24 2009 06:22 AM)

#454644 - Fri Jan 23 2009 12:30 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Quote:

I will have to make it a point to see it sometime, I don't know why I haven't already seen it. Like I said before, there are many classic films I have yet to see.

Dave53, I tried to PM you but I can't find you on the main site.... Can anyone else?

Use the PM system in the forums. Not everyone has an account on both sides of the site.

#454645 - Fri Jan 23 2009 02:29 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dave53 Offline
Participant

Loc: Derry Pennsylvania USA
Hiya BurgGurl, I don't know why you can't PM me. Since I'm new here I can't help you much but I'll try and send you one and see what happens.

#454646 - Fri Jan 23 2009 04:57 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:

Not everyone has an account on both sides of the site.

You can almost hear a *gasp* as people read that.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forums

No lows - except may that shcool holidays are nearly to an end and it's time to drag my son back to the school room. LOL Nah, it's all good. I've been going through the first terms work and it looks pretty cruisy.

Highs - the boy and the other half have gone away for the weekend. Whole house to myself til Monday arvo.. yeah!
and the other high is Hindu coming home. for those that don't pop into the photo thread, about a week ago an old pet goat who hadn't been near the house for over four years surprisingly came home with her 5-6 mnth old kid. And then a few days after that another goat - a boyfriend? - started hanging around as well. THey hang around in their family unit down the back there, Hindu comes up for pats and the opthers hang back but don't run away. They're feral goats so it's weird that they hang around at all.

#454647 - Fri Jan 23 2009 05:30 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Quote:

They're feral goats so it's weird that they hang around at all.

Yes, I don't suppose they hang around for the odd lamb chop as I would, We had goats. They used to nuzzle you lovingly until you realised they were picking your pockets for scraps of paper, old crumbs etc.

#454648 - Sat Jan 24 2009 09:29 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:

Quote:

Not everyone has an account on both sides of the site.

You can almost hear a *gasp* as people read that.

Myself included, I honestly thought everyone had to have a FT account!

#454649 - Sun Jan 25 2009 12:32 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Today while shooting I fell over and but my hand on a rock. It stung, and still does a little.

#454650 - Sun Jan 25 2009 10:07 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Aww lioness, :/ - hope it's better soon.

#454651 - Mon Jan 26 2009 02:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks Mags. The actual cut is but it has a piece of cotton wool stuck to it which hurts too much to pull off. Later tonight I'm going to soak it in water.

#454652 - Wed Jan 28 2009 10:30 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Well it's got to the stage of just itching constantly, but that's not that much of a low point.

The heat! Today it was 46C I think, and right now, at 3am, it's still 35C. I have my fan going, no pyjamas, and I still cannot sleep.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943