Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#454653 - Wed Jan 28 2009 04:32 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I was thinking of you Lioness when the news was on last night - it's nice for me to not be in the hottest spot! We've been sitting on about 40 for a week which is hot enough. When we would get those temps, before we had airconditioning, we get a damp towel and lay them over us.
Saw it buckled railways and footpaths in Adelaide! Now that is hot and will be for the next couple days too.

Have they clsoed schools or anything? or hasn't that started yet?

#454654 - Wed Jan 28 2009 08:02 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
46C! Wow, that's HOT! I love the heat, but that is way too hot. I think I'd be sleeping in the bathtub - filled with water.

#454655 - Wed Jan 28 2009 10:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
auntie1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Kingsville VIC Australia
Same situation here in Victoria.
The heat, long- established drought and accompanying water restrictions have finally combined to destroy most of my garden plants (heavy sigh).
Australians and Californians in particular will understand our fear of bushfires (wildfires) that are likely to erupt under such conditions.
I was concerned for a team of young men who were installing scaffolding on a building site next door, so I passed them over a bucket of home-made raspberry cordial with chunks of ice in it. When they left for the day, the bucket came back almost empty, but their bare backs were the same colour the cordial had been. Whatever happened to Slip, Slop, Slap?

#454656 - Thu Jan 29 2009 05:54 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Quote:

Have they clsoed schools or anything? or hasn't that started yet?

Not that I know of - I wish they would though, there are only a few classrooms sufficiently air conditioned and they wont fit 1400 odd students in them.

#454657 - Thu Jan 29 2009 06:13 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

I grew up in NSW in an area not known for being too hot and I'm sure there was a 42* limit and school would close if it got that hot. I can only remember it happeneing one afternoon in over 12 years of school.

We only got 42* today

#454658 - Thu Jan 29 2009 06:38 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

We have a hot weather policy, which basically says that everyone has to go inside. I think they used to send the seniors home but they don't anymore

#454659 - Thu Jan 29 2009 07:17 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
It has been hot here too (not in the 40's thank goodness) but we have had rain yesterday and today and it is rather chilly. Hope it cools off soon.

My low yesterday was finding out that my daughter has got the flat she applied for in Cape Town and will be moving in two weeks. Oh well they have to leave the nest some time. Although it is a long way from Gauteng it is only a 2 hour flight.

#454660 - Fri Jan 30 2009 06:58 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

There is a girl after my boy...she doesn't know he's my boy but he still is. If it doesn't fade out we're going to have to tell her and I don't really want to cause her that pain, but it has to be done.

#454661 - Fri Jan 30 2009 07:59 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Aww lady, you're right they have to leave the nest at some time, but it's not easy for mom, is it? On the plus side, there is always Instant Messenger (my daughter and I keep in touch frequently that way).

Quote:

she doesn't know he's my boy

lioness, I really think your young man should tell her, and pronto. Perhaps something along the lines of "I'm flattered that you like me, but I'm already spoken for..."

#454662 - Fri Jan 30 2009 08:47 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Mags I think you should start a column, something along the lines "Ask Mags". You many want to leave out the "Mad" bit.
I guess messaging is going to have to do to keep in touch.

Good luck lioness - it's never easy having to hurt someone.

#454663 - Fri Jan 30 2009 12:44 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Hahahaha lady! You just made me laugh out loud.

#454664 - Fri Jan 30 2009 01:09 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
Aww, lady, I feel really bad for you. Just because they all have to 'leave the nest sometime' doesn't mean we moms don't feel like clipping their wings, just for a little bit. You know what though? Isn't this better than spending the last 5 years thinking "When is she ever going to leave? I can't wait!"? I know too many parents that feel like that.

Miss Ella, I agree. Your young male (that you are molding into a better person ) needs to be the bearer of the 'already taken' news, not you. I think it would be far worse coming from the other female. Just some personal experience talking there.

#454665 - Fri Jan 30 2009 04:07 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Poor Lady But now think what you can do with her room!

My high is that I have now been smoke free for a month. yay me. No worries at all - there are times whwen I think I'd love one but just say to myself "You don't smoke" and then forget about it. Now I just need to work on the weight I've gained LOL Although I bought a Wii and Wii Fit last week so at least I have started on that.

Low is that school starts again this week. Time to start dragging the young bloke into the school room every morning. Most days in the holidays I've made him do a little bit of reading and writing, bit of maths, (I am the mother from hell HAHA!) to keep it all current in his mind so it should be a pretty smooth start.

#454666 - Fri Jan 30 2009 05:39 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:

lioness, I really think your young man should tell her, and pronto. Perhaps something along the lines of "I'm flattered that you like me, but I'm already spoken for..."

We're going to do just that. We'll probably wait a week and do it on friday so that she has the weekend if she needs it.

#454667 - Sat Jan 31 2009 07:59 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Nice thought Copago but I already have two empty rooms. Perhaps I should start renting them out and make some money.
Well done on your one month anniversary. I stopped smoking nearly 32 years ago and have not had a single puff since. Keep up the good work.

#454668 - Sat Jan 31 2009 11:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Well done with being "smoke-free" for a month Copago! It must be hard to get Conor to learn his lessons sometimes but it will all be worth it in the future
Mum is hopefully having her little operation on February 10th. I only hope there is no more mix up in the paper-work and there is a bed available for her.
Highlight of the last few days was booking a theatre trip for the middle of February!
Edited to add!
I knew it was coming up! Yesterday was my 6th anniversary her in the forums! I consider each and every member - oldies and newbies This forum has helped me through hard times - thanks all! xxx

Edited by JaneMarple (Sat Jan 31 2009 11:37 AM)

#454669 - Sat Jan 31 2009 12:59 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Way to go, Copago on your one month anniversary, that is great news, congratulations!

Jane, congratulations on your anniversary too, maybe we should bake a cake!

No real highs or lows here, life keeps plodding on as normal.

#454670 - Sat Jan 31 2009 07:25 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Ohhh, Copago, I just have to chime in here and tell you how proud I am of you! Very well done! Hang in there, it's going to get a bit tough now and then, but you can conquer all! Yay Copago!!

Forgot to add my high and low --

Low of the week is, the week. It's that time of the year again and I'm working in the second largest commercial wine competition in the U.S. It is an international competition, so we have wines from alllll over. We've even had wines from Transylvania! I'm working every day, including weekends, and then I work at home or during the night when I can't sleep as everything is now web based. Not sure if that is a good idea or not, as I'm working now more than ever.

On the high, It is only going to last til the middle of February, and I'll come home with lots of good wines, enough to last for more than a year.

Edited by Jar (Sat Jan 31 2009 07:29 PM)

#454671 - Sat Jan 31 2009 09:46 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Congratulations Jane! Time flies!

#454672 - Sun Feb 01 2009 07:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Some highs from the week, some may say for a change...

Firstly I saw two old friends last night for the first time in far too long, I received a very nice card and items from the nice lady above which were much appreciated (that was a coincidence I posted straight after!), I got a photo of an old sign way out in Leytonstone with no traffic problems (as I went at night and used the flash), and got far more gift vouchers for my birthday than I've had since my Barmitzvah (1973). And my anniversary is in a couple of weeks as well- 9th. Then you could only have a forum profile as the other side began a month later. Having forgotten my login details there I now have a more recent date on that profile but should be a lot earlier.

#454673 - Mon Feb 02 2009 01:25 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Tomorrow I'm off on year 8 camp as a peer support leader. It means I get to do all the fun things again except this time I'm running the games instead of playing them.

#454674 - Mon Feb 02 2009 02:00 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Have a wonderful time lioness.

So does that mean we missed your birthday Satguru? A belated happy birthday and I am glad you had such a wonderful day.
An early congratulations on your FT anniversary too.

My low is my daughters leaving (home) date is creeping up far too quickly. Oh dear...

#454675 - Mon Feb 02 2009 02:39 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Quote:

We've even had wines from Transylvania!

Make sure the red wine really is wine ...

When I read the start of your sentence, Lioness, I said to myself "She CAN'T be in year 8!" LOL I must read the whole thing before making comments.

Edited by Copago (Mon Feb 02 2009 02:40 AM)

#454676 - Tue Feb 10 2009 04:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MomOf2 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Low- My much anticipated shiatsu treatment this morning got cancelled. Unfortunately I didn't receive the alleged cancellation message yesterday and cooled my heels for some time waiting for a non-existent appointment, thus wasting a good part of my precious & fleeting 2 hours alone (while youngest dd was at her twice weekly morning nursery).

High- Picked up my smiling lovey from nursery and was presented with a homemade valentine. This is for you Mommy, and it comes with a nose kiss! says she and then cups my face in her little hands and proceeds to plant one on my nose.

#454677 - Tue Feb 10 2009 05:50 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
I'd say your high should have effectively wiped out that low, MomOf2. Wish we could all have a high like that.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943