Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#458061 - Sun Feb 15 2009 08:32 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
deepakmr Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Bangalore India
Round 12 (Misunderstood Monsters) will close in a little over 24 hours from now. Oldtimers and newcomers alike are cordially invited to participate

#458062 - Sun Feb 15 2009 12:14 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
brandz_mygirl Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Singapore
Feb 9 Round – Answers

An E-mazing Eight players took part in MORE F’S I’M AFRAID.

1) From Imdb, please name an actor/actress from the first of the “Shrek” movies whose first name begins with a letter of the alphabet that comes BEFORE the letter “F”.
For Ten Points: Cameron Diaz, Christopher Knights, Conrad Vernon
For Five Points: Bobby Block (2), Cody Cameron (3)
Not mentioned: Andrew Adamson, Calvin Remsberg, Chris Miller, Clive Pearse, Eddie Murphy, Elisa Gabrielli.

2) From “Makansutra”’s website, please name one of the restaurants/food shops that is mentioned under ‘Singapore’s Top 10 listings’.
For Ten Points: Sungei Road Laksa
For Five Points: Karu's Indian Banana Leaf Restaurant (2), Rong Chen Bak Kut The (2), Thasevi Food Famous Jalan Kayu Prata Restaurant (3)
Not mentioned: Matter Road Seafood Barbecue, Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice, Warong Sudi Mampir, Toa Payoh Rojak, Outram Park Fried Kway Teow, Chey Sua Carrot Cake.

3) Please give me ANY word from the theme song (of “The Flintstones” cartoon) that does not have an apostrophe. Please use this version.
For Ten Points: Dabba, Gay, Have, Modern, Page
For Five Points: Old (3)
Not mentioned: I counted another 26 words from the theme song that meet the requirement. You can check them out via the link.

4) Please name any primetime show that was broadcast by Fox during the week from 2 – 8 February.
For Ten Points: America’s Most Wanted, American Idol, Cops, Hell’s Kitchen, Hole in the Wall, Lie to Me
For Five Points: 24 (2)
Not mentioned: American Dad, Bones, Family Guy, Fringe, House, King of the Hill, NASCAR, The Simpsons.

5) Please give me a word that (a) starts with the letter ‘F’ (b) has a letter repeated in the word, repeated letters must be next to each other, and (c) has a maximum of 7 letters.
For Ten Points: Fatally, Fiddle, Flubbed, Freedom, Furless, Furrow, Fuzee, Fuzzy.
For Five Points: None!
Not mentioned: Feeble, Feeling, Flannel, Follow, Foolish, Freeing….and lots more.

RESULTS!

Top Place:
45 points: Mugaboo Well done Mugaboo. You win one of the highly coveted points for Feb.

Other Results:
40 points: Deeparkmr, Tredici, Maninmidohio, Leelee63 and Denni
35 points: Gatsby and Szabs

Thank you to every one who sent in answers. Hope this coming week will be a super one for all of you. See ya Tuesday.

#458063 - Sun Feb 15 2009 12:15 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Round 11 - Wednesday
"Lie To Me"
Seven sincere (and sensational) players this time

1. Please tell me one of the cues to signal female interest that is mentioned on Wikipedia.

For 10 Points:
Childlike playfulness, Room encompassing glance, Showing wrists
For 5 Points:
Head tilt (2), Neck touching (2)

Echoing and mirroring, leg crossing, the 'pointing knee', shoulder shrugs, skirt hike, rotation of the pelvis and lots o' touching were among the other choices available.

2. The University of Georgia found Paul Ekman's works so impressive they named him one of the 100 Eminent Psychologists of the 20th Century. Tell me a psychologist who ranked within five spots higher or within five spots lower on that list than Ekman did.

For 10 Points:
Nobody today !
For 5 Points:
Morton Deutsch (#63) (2), Karl S. Lashley (#61) (3), Theodore M. Newcomb (#57) (2)

The others that would've been acceptable were: D.E. Broadbent, Roger N. Shepard, Michael I. Posner, Elizabeth F. Loftus, Robert J. Sternberg, Kenneth Spence and Julian B. Rotter.

3. Please tell me one of those additional *eleven* emotions.

For 10 Points:
Amusement, Contempt, Embarrassment, Relief, Satisfaction
For 5 Points:
Sensory pleasure (2)

Contentment, Excitement, Guilt, Pride in achievement and Shame are also built-in to human gestures/expressions, evidently

4. This time, kindly tell me a winner of the Saturn in the category for which Roth was nominated. But only pick winners from any year that is divisible by 5. And don't pick Brad Pitt ...

For 10 Points:
Scatman Crothers (The Shining); Marty Feldman (Young Frankenstein); Arte Johnson (Love at First Bite); Thomas F. Wilson (Back to the Future Part II)
For 5 Points:
Roddy McDowall (Fright Night) (3)

Willem Dafoe in Shadow of the Vampire and Mickey Rourke in Sin City were also winners. Some others would have technically been correct, too, since I didn't specify (in years divisible by five) whether it was the one when the winners' movie was released OR when the winner was handed his award ...

5. Go ahead and take that test and tell me a question -or- an answer in it. Which means your answers will be an interrogative sentence or a number/percent, yes?

For 10 Points:
8 (years old), 17%, 40%, 61%, What percentage of all teens admit lying to their parents?, What percentage of time can people detect lies?, What percentage of women lie about their weight on their drivers license?

The joke was on me [again] on that question. I'm not sure if anyone noticed (I sure didn't, at first), but every time one takes that test a slightly different set of questions pop up. Given that, I'm of the mind that there might be +/- a zillion correct answers there .

The Results!

40 Points! .... brandz_mygirl, denni19, leelee63, maninmidohio, Mugaboo
35 Points! .... deepakmr, szabs

It was almost a seven-way tie from beginning to end as the results built on that one. But, right at the end, brandz_mygirl, denni19, leelee63, maninidohio and Mugaboo managed to pull ahead. Congrats and February trivia points to them ! And I really do recommend the show Lie To Me. V-e-r-y interesting as it goes. A little scary, too - jeesh, it'd seem that we can't get away with even a little white lie without it being "obvious". To somebody, anyway? Thanks for playing, folks!

Edited by Gatsby722 (Sun Feb 15 2009 12:18 PM)

#458064 - Mon Feb 16 2009 07:11 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 16 ~ Monday

1. Nadia Almada came into the world in 1977, born in Madeira and named (gasp!) Jorge (but he was known as Carlos). As a lad of app. 19, off *he* went to England, taking a job in Surrey, eventually managing a bookstore and even working in a bank. At some point in his young life, he came to the conclusion that "his" life would fit him much better as "her" life. Cross-dressing Nadia finally became the winner of "Big Brother 5" (UK) -- and presented as a most interesting houseguest there as she went. Being sure she would be voted out in short order, she made the very most of her time: her "flair for the right dress", her gentle (yet occasionally fiery) nature and, yes, she even liked to take showers in 6-inch high-heeled sandals ! She sounds like the sort I'd root for in that "Big Brother" program, for sure; God bless a *character*, y'know? To start, please tell me the first OR last name of any of the other "female" houseguests from "Big Brother 5" (UK), OK? No nicknames!

2. Then, o' course, there's the song "Nadia's Theme", that was first heard in 1971 (briefly) as "incidental music" in the film Bless The Beasts And The Children and got picked up by the US-based afternoon drama "The Young and the Restless" (or Y&R) in 1973. The tune's original name, 'Cotton's Dream,' got sent packing in a hurry once Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci used the music in her historic world-famous performance at the 1976 Summer Olympics. Perhaps the song has helped endear "Y&R" to audiences, lasting for 35 years now (with no sign of losing steam). On that show, the matriarch/diva (one of 'em, anyway) is a certain Katherine Chancellor ~ she's rich, a billionaire, they say. I might add that, accd.g to many, her character is another *B* word, too. One that rhymes with "rich." But I digress. Ms. Chancellor "died" on the show in 2008, and her billions were distributed as per her will, read in November. Please tell me a benefactor (a character's name, naturally) named in Katherine Chancellor's will on "Y&R". PS - Don't worry, either. Ol' Katherine was too despicable and sturdy to really die. She's back now, I'm told ...

3. Nadia Younes, born in 1946, was an Egyptian National who spent her entire career (some 33 years) in the United Nations and the World Health Organization, rising to high-level posts in an assortment of committees therein. In 2003, she was serving temporarily as Chief of Staff for the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General to Iraq. On August 19, 2003, the Canal Hotel Bombing (the hotel where the UN had been headquartered since 1991) killed at least 22 people in Baghdad, including Younes. The blast targeted the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq created just 5 days earlier. Very tragic . But, there is some beauty in the hell that has become Iraq - and I'd like to spotlight The Iraq Museum today. It was established in 1923 when it occupied a small space in the Al-Qushla building but now has become a very large showplace of history and priceless artifacts. They have 11 "galleries" there, all themed. Please tell me the name of one of them.

4. Nadia's Restaurant and Grapevine Lounge at 508 State Street in Madison, Wisconsin sounds like a rather lovely place to sit down and eat some (pricey -- two drinks, two appetizers and two main courses come in at over $100 USD ) food and soak in a bit of Mediterranean and French atmosphere. After reading the reviews, the place gets its share of bad ratings (but, hey ~ you can't please everybody ... especially after you've charged them ten bucks for a martini, I reckon). BUT it gets its share of gushingly good ratings, too. Almost all agree that chef Abdul Bensaid knows what he's doing and he's kept the eatery thriving for years. I'm needing to know an entree on Nadia's Restaurant and Grapevine Lounge's menu that has seafood in it. Or duck. Either/or ...

5. Now to the spark that lit today's 'theme', that being Nadya Suleman. She is, of course, the dubious woman who recently birthed a whopping eight dubiously conceived children and has been redefining dubiousness, in many directions, ever since. 33-year-old Suleman bore her kids on January 26, 2009 in Bellflower, California and they are the world's longest-living octuplets; this was only the second time that a full set of octuplets was born alive in the United States. That she is unemployed, living at home with her Mother, had six children aready, remains unmarried and seems more than slightly delusional about almost everything in general has raised MUCH controversy - notably re: the boundaries that are (or aren't?) in place when it comes to assisted reproductive technology. It's a disturbing story, top-to-bottom. To close, please tell me the first name of any of Nadya Suleman's sons.

This rascal will close up on Friday. Around noon. Have a good week !

edited to correct the Big Brother 'number' ...

Edited by Gatsby722 (Mon Feb 16 2009 09:43 AM)

#458065 - Mon Feb 16 2009 09:01 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
deepakmr Offline
Forum Champion

Round 12 – Thursday
Misunderstood monsters

Six super players participated in this round.

Q1: If you go to this link you will find the details of places where piranhas have been found. Please tell me any of those places.

For 10 points: Catawba river, Venezuala, Kaptai lake

For 5 points: Rivers of the Guyana (3)

Not mentioned : Amazon basin, Orinoco, Paraguay-Parana, Sao Francisco rivers and Potomac river.

Q2: Please go this page and pick any one of the eight orders (to which sharks belong) listed on the page.

For 10 points: Carcharhiniformes

For 5 points: Orectolobiformes (3), Heterodontiformes (2)

Not mentioned : Squatiniformes, Pristiophoriformes, Squaliformes, Lamniformes and Hexanchiformes.

Q3: Please go to the Wiki page for the Anaconda (1997) movie and select any one of the actors/actresses who acted in the movie and whose name is listed in the page.

For 10 points: Eric Stoltz

For 5 points: Owen Wilson (3), Danny Trejo (2)

Not mentioned : Jennifer Lopez, Ice Cube, Jon Voight, Jonathan Hyde, Kari Wuhrer and Vincent Castellanos.

Q4: If you visit this page, you can see a list of tarantulas for sale. Kindly select the name of any of the tarantulas listed, whose biological name starts with the letter ‘A’ or ‘B’.

For 10 points: Mexican painted red leg, Mexican fire leg, Venezuelan Red-Striped Pinktoe, Mexican pink (or rose leg)

For 5 points: Mexican Golden Redrump (2)

Not mentioned : Brazilian Giant Black and White, Brazilian Giant White Knee, Purple Pinktoe, Antilles Pinktoe, Curly-Hair and Mexican red knee.

Q5: This page, has the photographs of some silverback gorillas, please tell me the name of any of the gorillas, whose photo is displayed.

For 10 points: Kowali

For 5 points: Kwisha, Akbar (2), Mosi (2)

Not mentioned : Samson, Frank, Willie B, Ndume, Awali, Kumba and Buu.

And the final results:

40 points: Gatsby722, maninmidohio, leelee63
35 points: szabs
30 points: Mugaboo
25 points: brandz_mygirl

We have three winners for this round - Gatsby722, maninmidohio and leelee63. Congrats to our 3 winners who earn a trivia point each. Thanks again to all the participants. See you on Thursday.

#458066 - Tue Feb 17 2009 11:43 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
maninmidohio Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark
Ohio USA
Round 13, the Paraskavedekatriaphobia Round will close in about 24 hours. Plenty of time for veterans and new players to get in their entries.

#458067 - Wed Feb 18 2009 12:04 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
brandz_mygirl Offline
Multiloquent

Tuesday Feb 17 – Quiz

A Variety of Stuff.

1) I’ve been called a crosspatch a time or ten in my life. Please give me a one-word synonym for ‘crosspatch’.

2) A wonderful friend of the family taught my siblings and I how to play chess when I was around 9 or 10. He bought us a chess set and spent hours patiently showing us how to move the pieces, playing chess games that were definitely far beneath his usual standards of play. He passed away recently from a ruptured appendix, surrounded by his wife, children and grandchildren. Dear Uncle Piet, you are missed. From here, please give me one of the 10 common chess openings.

3) I hate hot humid weather, always did, always will. Thanks to Mr Willis Carrier, I can find some relief from the weather. However, it is too expensive an option to be used throughout the day in the home. (I don’t have a spare million or two tucked away.) When it’s sunny and hot, when there’s no rain clouds in sight, when your electric bill is already too high, when you’re concerned about global warming, with all these in mind, please tell me what you can do to stay cool. I may have done a similar question before, did try looking back but couldn’t find anything.

4) Most of you would probably know by now that I’m a big fan of Mr. Stephen Fry. Stephen Fry was recently trapped on an elevator in the Centre Point Tower, London. During his ordeal, he managed to keep himself, and possibly his fellow ‘trappees’, entertained, by using his cellphone to send out and receive messages from a popular blog site. I saw a couple of photographs too! This is just so Stephen Fry, I do adore him. Stephen turned 50 on 24 August 2007 and BBC celebrated the event with a documentary “Stephen Fry: 50 Not Out” where friends of Stephen’s were interviewed. (I seem to be getting nowhere with this question don’t I, but we’re getting there.) If you’re trapped in a lift for an unknown period of time, which celebrity friend of Stephen’s who was interviewed on the documentary would you choose to have as a fellow ‘trappee’, if you could please not choose Stephen himself and limit your choices to just the men. Oops, I just realized that this question could be considered ‘TV-related’ but only in a very small, negligible, totally forgivable way.

5) I have essential tremor, affecting both hands. It’s not too severe, I’ve had it for years, since I was a teenager in fact. It’s a family thing. I can never be a surgeon or a waitress but I can do most anything else. Essential tremor is the most common movement disorder. This site provides information on essential tremor. Please give me a symptom of essential tremor –or- one of the key differences between essential tremor and Parkinson’s disease –or- a lifestyle and home remedy as listed on the site.

This round will close on Sunday 22 February at noon FT time.

#458068 - Wed Feb 18 2009 03:19 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Wednesday 18th February 2009
Q1 A song from “South Pacific”, the musical
Q2 Something you’d have with a traditional English breakfast
Q3 A “Secrets” book – e.g. “The Secret of…..” written by Enid Blyton
Q4 An instrument in the string section of an orchestra
Q5 Something you’d associate with a wedding
It closes over the weekend

#458069 - Wed Feb 18 2009 02:26 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
maninmidohio Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark
Ohio USA
Round 13 – The Paraskavedekatriaphobia Round - Results

There were seven great players for this round which honored all those with a fear of Friday the 13th. Thanks to all for participating.

1. Please tell me the name of one of the men portrayed in Da Vinci’s Last Supper.

For 10 Points:
James son of Alphaeus, James the Greater, and Jude Thaddeus
For 5 Points: Andrew (2) and Simon the Zealot (2)
Not Selected: Bartholomew, Judas Iscariot, Peter, John, Jesus, Thomas, Philip, and Matthew

2. In the Wiki article on Triskaidekaphobia tell me a specific strategy (other than omission) that has been used in buildings and streets to avoid the number 13.

For 10 Points:
Claremont, CA - Baughman St.
For 5 Points: P - Buffalo City Hall (2), using 12A (2), and 12+1 in Iran (2)
Not Chosen: Using M, Los Angeles – Pico Blvd, and San Francisco – Funston Ave/Duboce Ave

3. Tell me a position (other than 13 – Outside Centre) in Rugby Union and the associated number with that position.

For 10 Points:
1 - loosehead prop, 4 – lock, 6 – blindside flanker, 9 – half scrum, and 11 – left wing
For 5 Points: 14 – right wing (2)
Not Chosen: 2 – hooker, 3 tighthead prop, 5 – lock, 7 – openside flanker, 8 – number 8, 10 – half fly, 12 – inside centre, and 15 – full back

4. The original Jason Voorhees (of the Friday the 13th franchise) was played by Ari Lehman. Please tell me an actor who has played Jason in any of the movie sequels (if more than one actor played Jason in the same film, only give me the first one that is listed in the IMDB listing).

For 10 Points: Richard Brooker
For 5 Points: Warrington Gillette (2), C.J. Graham (2), and Kane Hodder (2)
Not Chosen: Ted White, Joachim Lindman, Harry Shearer, Ken Kirzinger, Timothy Whitfield, Russell M. Jaeger, and Derek Mears

5. Visit this NASA web site and give me a scientific fact about the object that will appear in the sky on Friday, April 13, 2029.

For 10 Points:
The asteroid is about 320 meters wide.
At closest approach, the asteroid will shine like a 3rd magnitude star, visible to the unaided eye from Africa, Europe and Asia--even through city lights.
The asteroid's maximum angular diameter is only 2 to 4 arcseconds, which means it will be a starlike point of light in all but the very largest telescopes.
For 5 Points:
On April 13, 2029, asteroid 2004 MN4 will fly past Earth only 18,600 miles (30,000 km) above the ground. (2)
The asteroid's trajectory will bend approximately 28 degrees during the encounter, "a result of Earth's gravitational pull (2)
Not Chosen:
Asteroid 2004 MN4 will come scarily close to Earth on April 13, 2029, but it will not hit.
Asteroid 2004 MN4 had been discovered in June 2004.
Close approaches by objects as large as 2004 MN4 are currently thought to occur at 1000-year intervals, on average.
The Arecibo radar in Puerto Rico is coincidentally about the size of asteroid 2004 MN4.

The Results:

With 40 Points: brandz_mygirl and szabs
With 35 Points: Gatsby722 and leelee63
With 30 Points: Mugaboo, deepakmr, and PDAZ

Because of their complete lack of fear for Friday the 13th, we have two winners for this round – brandz_mygirl and szabs will each get a February Trivia Point for their outstanding performances. Everyone else was close behind and deserves a hearty well-done. Thanks to all for playing.

#458070 - Thu Feb 19 2009 01:15 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
deepakmr Offline
Forum Champion

Round 19 – Thursday

This round is about one of my favourite authors, the Queen of Crime - Agatha Christie.

Q1: Agatha Christie is one of the greatest mystery writers of all-time. Her novels have sold more than four billion copies. Her very first novel, ‘The Mysterious Affair at Styles’ (published in 1920) helped her to gain instant fame. Hercule Poirot, one of the most famous fictional detectives made his first appearance in this novel. Please go to the Wiki page for Agatha Christie and pick any Christie novel that features Hercule Poirot and was published before 1936.

Q2: ‘The Murder of Roger Ackroyd’ stunned the literary world with its shocking climax. ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ was another very popular novel with an innovative ending. Both of these novels featured the Belgian detective – the egg-headed Hercule Poirot. This link has a description of Poirot by his friend Captain Arthur Hastings. From Captain Hastings' description, please select any word that has eight letters or more.

Q3 : Jane Marple or Miss Marple as she is known as is one of the most popular female detectives. Miss Marple is an elderly spinster living in the village of St. Mary’s Mead, who solves cases by making use of parallel situations from her village life. ‘The Thirteen Problems’ (also known as the ‘Tuesday Club Murders’) is a short story collection featuring Miss Marple. Please tell me the name of a short story featured in ‘The Thirteen Problems’.

Q4 : Christie created a number of other popular characters like the husband-wife duo Tommy and Tuppence, Superintendent Battle, Ariadne Oliver, Mr. Parker Pyne and others. Christie also wrote romantic novels under the pseudonym of Mary Westmacott. Please tell me any novel by Christie written as Mary Westmacott or any of her non-fiction or other published works. (You can refer to the Agatha Christie Wiki page for the answers)

Q5 : ‘And Then There Were None’ is a very popular novel featuring a group of ten people trapped on an island and all are found dead. The name of the murderer is revealed only at the end of the novel. ‘The Mousetrap’ is the longest running play in history (published as ‘Three Blind Mice’) that has an equally thrilling climax. This page lists out some of the twists in the endings of her novels. Please choose any one of the twist endings listed in the page (the title of the ending is sufficient).

This round will close 23 Feb, Monday at noon FT time. Awaiting your answers !

Edited to make Q5 more clear!

Edited by deepakmr (Thu Feb 19 2009 03:57 AM)

#458071 - Thu Feb 19 2009 02:44 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

For Wednesday's Question 3, I am looking for a title in the SECRETS series. Try Here and scroll down the page

Edited by JaneMarple (Sat Feb 21 2009 03:14 AM)

#458072 - Fri Feb 20 2009 03:56 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Round 20 - Friday

This round is dedicated to the Maya civilization.

1. The Mayan civilization can be found in many parts of Mexico predominantly in the Yucatan peninsula as well as Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador and western Honduras. They are noted for being the only known who have a fully developed written language of the pre-Columbian Americas, as well as its art, architecture, and mathematical and astronomical systems. At its peak, it was one of the most densely populated and culturally dynamic societies in the world. The Mayan people never disappeared, neither at the time of the Classic period decline nor with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores and the subsequent Spanish colonization of the Americas. Today, the Mayan’s and their descendants form sizable populations throughout the Maya area and maintain a distinctive set of traditions and beliefs. From here , please tell me one of the Maya Sites listed.

2. The ancient Maya ruins of Chichen Itza, are located on Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula, they represent the remains of one of the largest and most powerful city states of the pre-Columbian Americas. Its name translates as "At the Mouth of the Well of the Itza" in Yucatec Mayan, a reference to the nearby Sacred Cenote, or sinkhole, measuring 65 meters in diameter and 12 meters deep, where offerings were made to various deities. The buildings of Chichén Itza are grouped in a series of architectonic sets and areas. The three best known of these complexes are the Great North Platform, The Osario Group, which includes the pyramid of the same name as well as the Temple of Xtoloc; and the Central Group. From this site , please go to the area descriptions, and give me the name of one of the areas of Chichen Itza.

3. Tikal is one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the Maya civilization, located in the region of the Petén Basin in northern Guatemala, in 1979 it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are thousands of ancient structures at Tikal and only a fraction of these have been excavated, after decades of archaeological work. The most prominent surviving buildings include six very large Mesoamerican step pyramids, which are over 60 meters high (200 feet). Tikal was a dominating influence in the southern Maya lowlands throughout most of the Early Classic years. The site, however, was often at war and inscriptions tell of alliances and conflict with other Maya states. Throughout the years Tikal had many rulers, from the Wiki page would you please tell me the name of a Ruler from the Early Classic era.

4. The Maya’s also developed a sophisticated calendar. The ritual calendar which they used had a count of 260 days. This calendar gave each day a name, much like our days of the week. There were 20 day names, each represented by a unique symbol. The 260-day or sacred count calendar was in use throughout Mesoamerica for centuries, probably before the beginning of writing. From this page , please give me a Maya Day Name in English .

5. Apocalypto was a film directed by Mel Gibson, which is set in the Mayan civilization, as the Mayan kingdom faces its decline, the rulers insist the key to prosperity is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices, that is when a man's idyllic presence is brutally disrupted by a violent invading force, he is taken on a perilous journey to a world ruled by fear and oppression where a harrowing end awaits him . Could you please give me the name of a character in the movie whose name has two words. (ie. Smiling Dog) .

This round will close on Wednesday 25th of February. Till then have a great weekend.

#458073 - Fri Feb 20 2009 10:54 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 16 - Monday
"Nadia"
Seven outstanding participants (Thank you !)

1. To start, please tell me the first OR last name of any of the other "female" houseguests from "Big Brother 4" (UK), OK? No nicknames!

For 10 Points:
Emma, Seddiki
For 5 Points:
Jubin (2), Michelle (3)

The full names of all the [born that way/biological] women on the show were: Michelle Jubin, Becki Seddiki, Emma Greenwood, Kathryn Pinder, Michelle Bass and Vanessa Nimmo.

2. Please tell me a benefactor (a character's name, naturally) named in Katherine Chancellor's will on "Y&R" ("The Young and the Restless").

For 10 Points:
Jill Foster Abbott (Katherine's younger child and only daughter), Mackenzie Browning (Katherine's only granddaughter), Danny Romalotti (Katherine's former stepson)
For 5 Points:
Phillip Chancellor IV (Katherine's great-grandson) (2), Amber Moore (Katherine's young friend) (2)

Brock Reynolds (Katherine's elder child), Gina Roma (Katherine's former stepdaughter), Esther Valentine (Katherine's long-time maid, confidant, and surrogate daughter), Nikki Reed Newman (Katherine's dear friend and another surrogate daughter), Ethan Ashby (Katherine's elder grandson), Billy Abbott (Katherine's younger grandson) -and- Gloria Bardwell (Katherine's on and off again friend) also scored as per the will. Well, had the deceased actually died, that is ....

3. They have 11 "galleries" at the Iraq Museum, all themed. Please tell me the name of one of them.

For 10 Points:
Ancient Sumerian, Hatra, Ivories
For 5 Points:
Assyrian Sculpture (2), Nimrud Gold (2)

The remaining galleries there are the Stone Age; Akkadian, Babylonian and Neo-Sumerian; Middle Babylonian; Assyrian Chaldean; Arabs Before Islam -and- Islamic.

4. I'm needing to know an entree on Nadia's Restaurant and Grapevine Lounge's menu that has seafood in it. Or duck. Either/or ...

For 10 Points:
Mussels Meuniére with garlic butter, white wine and parsley; Pepper crusted Tuna with roasted bell pepper tapenade; Sashimi Grade Tuna Tartar with marinated cherry tomatoes; Seafood Paella with Shrimp, Scallops, Mussels and clams with Saffron Rice; Seafood Crêpe with roasted Lobster Tail, Scallops and Shrimp in a sherry cream sauce
For 5 Points:
Seared Diver Scallops with roasted garlic, olive oil and parsley (2)

7 more dishes to have chosen from.

5. To close, please tell me the first name of any of Nadya Suleman's sons.

For 10 Points:
Aidan, Jasmiah (some sites refer to him as Caleb), Jeremiah, Josiah, McCai
For 5 Points:
Isaiah (2)

Noah, Jonah, Elijah and Joshua round out the male faction of the [insanely large] family.

The Results!

45 Points! .... deepakmr, denni19
40 Points! .... maninmidohio
35 Points! .... brandz_mygirl, Mugaboo, szabs
30 Points! .... leelee63

Yet another well-played contest. Congratulations, this time, to deepakmr and denni19 for topping the leader board --- and I appreciate all of you for jumping in . Have a rigorously fine weekend!

#458074 - Sat Feb 21 2009 02:56 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
Mugaboo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Scotland UK
Round 21 - Saturday 21st February

1. Please tell me a costume (who or what it celebrates) that the Manneken Pis statue in Brussels will wear between today and the end of April. (OK I'll be kind and give you a link)
2. Please name any Governor of West Flanders. (Since 1830)
3. Name a partner in the Princess Elisabeth Station that opened last week in Utsteinen, Antarctica.
4. Going to Liege in Belgium, you might want to do the "Historical heart" tour of the city, that starts from the Liege Tourist Bureau Office. Please name one of the highlights of the tour, but please do not choose one that is currently closed for renovation.
5. The European Youth Olympic Festival Giant Slalom for men took place yesteday (20th) in Szczyrk (Poland), please name anyone who beat the first Belgium competitor.

I'll give a hand to anyone who's stuck, otherwise the round will close Thursday (Noon FT time)

#458075 - Sat Feb 21 2009 12:11 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
brandz_mygirl Offline
Multiloquent

Ahemmmm....just a reminder that Round 17 will be closing in just under 24 hours. Thank you.

#458076 - Sun Feb 22 2009 08:04 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
Sorry for being a week late with my results, I was caught in a "tornado" of work and some new computer problems. Just my luck!

ROUND 10Tuesday, February 10th

There were 7 great players for this round.

1. ** Please have a look at the International Swimming Hall of Fame [where Mark Spitz was inducted in 1977] and give me any other person that made it to the list during the '70s and whose surname starts with "S".

10 points: Walt Schlueter, Dick Smith, Allen Stack

5 points: Sharon Stouder (2), Eva Szekely (2)

Not mentioned: Charlie Sava, Jan Stender, Roy Saari, Charles Silvia, Harold "Dutch" Smith

2. ** Please check with Wikipedia, find the list/table of Spitz-type dog breeds and have your pick from the breeds that are illustrated with a photo.

10 points ALL: Canadian Eskimo Dog, Chow Chow, East Siberian Laika, Eurasier, Japanese Spitz, Shikoku, Volpino Italiano

Not mentioned: Samoyed, Finnish Spitz, American Akita, Icelandic Sheepdog and many, many others

3. ** Please give me any line from "Reach for the Light" (performed by Steve Windwood) - the main theme from the "Balto" movie.

10 points: And in a heartbeat, And the spirit knows, Come out of the darkness, Listen to the thunder roll, Reach for the light

5 points: Hold on to what you see (2)

Not mentioned: Deep in the night, There's a place that's soft and still, You might touch the sky – and some 28 more lines

4. ** Let us now enjoy some native crafts - please visit this page and choose your favourite among the Gift Shops to be found in Nome.

10 points: Arctic Trading Post, Inc., Milano's Pizzaria

5 points: Maruskiyas of Nome (3), Rasmussen's Music Mart (2)

Not mentioned: Chukotka-Alaska, Inc., Fat Freddies Restaurant, Memories Saved, Northern Delights, The Mercantile

5. ** From HERE have your pick of an "un-giftable" item featured in that article.

10 points: Clothing of any Kind, A Gift that Moves too Fast, A Gift With the Wrong Name, A Key Chain that Says "I Love You, Sugar-Free Chocolate

5 points: Porn (2)

Not mentioned: Stuffed Animals, Appliances, A Card with a Moneyholder, Lingerie, Jewelry in a Ring-Sized Box, No Re-Gifting

The RESULTS for Round 10 are:

With 45 points: Gatsby, maninmidohio and Mugaboo – Warmest Congratulations!

With 40 points: brandz_mygirl and leelee63

With 35 points: szabs and deepakmr

Well done to our ‘three musketeers’ - Gatsby, Maninmidohio and Mugaboo – for emerging as winners and grabbing a February point each.

Thank you ALL for sending your answers, and a very warm “Welcome!” to leelee63 – this is the first time she’s playing one of my rounds, hope she’ll be back next time .

Edited by denni19 (Sun Feb 22 2009 08:08 AM)

#458077 - Sun Feb 22 2009 08:22 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Round 18 - Wednesday - closes later today

#458078 - Sun Feb 22 2009 11:00 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
deepakmr Offline
Forum Champion

Round 19 - Agatha Christie will close in about 25 hours from now. Lots of time for newcomers and oldtimers to send in their answers

#458079 - Sun Feb 22 2009 01:32 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Wednesday 18th February 2009 results
Q1 A song from “South Pacific”, the musical
FOR TEN POINTS:
This Nearly Was Mine, You've Got To Be Carefully Taught, A Cockeyed Optimist, Bloody Mary
FOR FIVE POINTS:
There is nothing like dame (2), Younger Than Springtime (2)
NOT MENTIONED:
Happy Talk and more

Q2 Something you’d have with a traditional English breakfast
FOR TEN POINTS:
Fried Mushrooms, Porridge, Bacon, Tea, Sautéed Potatoes, White pudding, Bubble and squeak, A spot of tea,
FOR FIVE POINTS:
Ten points to all
NOT MENTIONED:
Toast, Bacon, Tomatos and more

Q3 A “Secrets” book – e.g. “The Secret of…..” written by Enid Blyton (and sorry for all the confusion on this one )
FOR TEN POINTS:
The secret of Spiggy Holes,
FOR FIVE POINTS:
The Secret Island (3), The Secret of Moon Castle (4)
NOT MENTIONED:
The Secret Mountain, The Secret of Killimooin

Q4 An instrument in the string section of an orchestra
FOR TEN POINTS:
First violins, violin, Viola, Fiddle, Violotta, Bandurria,
FOR FIVE POINTS:
Double bass (2),

Q5 Something you’d associate with a wedding
FOR TEN POINTS:
wedding toasts, “something borrowed”, Morning suit, Honeymoon, Guests, Garter belt, Horse drawn carriage, Rehearsal dinner,
FOR FIVE POINTS:
Ten points to all
NOT MENTIONED:
Bride, Groom, tears and more

SCORES - 8 players
Skylar7 – 50
Brandz_mygirl – 45
Maninmidohio – 45
Deepakmr – 45
Szabs – 45
Gatsby - 40
Leelee63 – 40
Mugaboo – 35

Well done to Skylar7

#458080 - Sun Feb 22 2009 09:15 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
brandz_mygirl Offline
Multiloquent

Feb 17 Round – Answers

A VARIETY OF STUFF had Eight players par Excellence.

1) Please give me a one-word synonym for ‘crosspatch’.
For Ten Points: Churl, Complainer, Grouser, Malcontent, Naysayer, Sorehead
For Five Points: Curmudgeon (2)
Not mentioned: Bear, Crab, Crank, Grump, Grouch, Grumbler, Hothead, Sourpuss and more.

2) From here, please give me one of the 10 common chess openings.
For Ten Points: Pirc Defense, Queen’s Gambit, Reti Opening, Sicilian Defense
For Five Points: English Opening (2), French Defense (2)
Not mentioned: Caro-Kann Defense, Indian Defenses, Italian Game, Ruy Lopez.

3) When it’s sunny and hot, when there’s no rain clouds in sight, when your electric bill is already too high, when you’re concerned about global warming, with all these in mind, please tell me what you can do to stay cool.
For Ten Points: Gel coldpacks, Go deep sea-diving, Have your nephew pour a bucket of water over you very ten minutes while you’re under the umbrella at the beach, Keep the windows open, Shower often in cool water, Sit back close your eyes and picture snow, Stand in front of an opened refrigerator, Wearing wet towels around the neck.
For Five Points: None!
Not mentioned: Everyone sent in great answers, though some would probably save my utility bills more than others.:)

4) If you’re trapped in a lift for an unknown period of time, which celebrity friend of Stephen’s who was interviewed on the documentary (“Stephen Fry: 50 Not Out”) would you choose to have as a fellow ‘trappee’, if you could please not choose Stephen himself and limit your choices to just the men.
For Ten Points: John Lloyd, Jonathan Ross, Nick Symons, Richard Curtis
For Five Points: Hugh Laurie (2), Michael Parkinson (2)
Not mentioned: 12 more names to choose from.

5) This site provides information on essential tremor (“ET”). Please give me a symptom of essential tremor –or- one of the key differences between essential tremor and Parkinson’s disease –or- a lifestyle and home remedy as listed on the site.
For Ten Points: Please see ‘bold-ed’ items below.
For Five Points: Please see ‘bold-ed’ items below that are followed by a number in brackets.
Not mentioned: Please see ‘un-bold-ed’ items below.
ET symptoms: Begin gradually, Worsen with movements, Occurring in the hands first affecting one hand or both hands, Can include a “yes-yes” or “no-no” motion of the head, Are aggravated by emotional stress fatigue caffeine or extremes of temperature.
Key differences between ET and Parkinson’s disease: When tremors occur, Associated conditions, Parts of body affected.
Lifestyle and Home remedies: Avoid caffeine (3), Use alcohol sparingly, Learn to relax, Rest well.

RESULTS!

Top Place:
50 points: Deepakmr Splendid choice of answers by Deepakmr to win this round.

Other Results:
45 points: Mugaboo
40 points: Maninmidohio, Skylar7, Gatsby, Szabs, Leelee and Denni A warm welcome to Skylar7!

Thank you to all the players. Hope this coming week will be a marvelous one for each and everyone of you.

#458081 - Mon Feb 23 2009 12:01 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
deepakmr Offline
Forum Champion

Round 19 – Thursday
Agatha Christie

Eight magnificent players participated in this round.

Q1: Please go to the Wiki page for Agatha Christie and pick any Christie novel that features Hercule Poirot and was published before 1936.

For 10 points: Peril at End House, Death in the Clouds, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

For 5 points: The Murder on the Links (3), The Mystery of the Blue Train (2)

Not mentioned : The Mysterious Affair at Styles, The Big Four, Lord Edgware Dies, Murder on the Orient Express and Three Act Tragedy.

Q2: From the given description, please select any word that has eight letters or more.

For 10 points: Celebrated

For 5 points: Moustache(2), Military (5)

Not mentioned : Everything, Pink-tipped, Neatness, Incredible and Dandified.

Q3: Please tell me the name of any short story featured in ‘The Thirteen Problems’.

For 10 points: The Thumb Mark of St. Peter, The Companion, Death by Drowning, The Idol House of Astarte

For 5 points: The Blood-Stained Pavement (2), The Blue Geranium (2)

Not mentioned : The Tuesday Night Club, Ingots of Gold, Motive v. Opportunity, The Four Suspects, A Christmas Tragedy, The Herb of Death and The Affair at the Bungalow.

Q4: Please tell me any novel by Christie written as Mary Westmacott or any of her non-fiction or other published works.

For 10 points: Absent in the Spring, A Daughter’s a Daughter

For 5 points: Star Over Bethlehem and other stories (2), Unfinished Portrait (2), Giant’s Bread (2)

Not mentioned : The Rose and the Yew Tree, The Burden, Come Tell Me How You Live, Agatha Christie: An Autobiography, The Road of Dreams and Poems.

Q5: Please choose any one of the twist endings listed in the page.

For 10 points: Killer Policemen, Falsification and Murder Prevention, Unconnected Killings, Feigned Hatred, False Corpses and Subsequent Murder, Murderer Calls on Detective

For 5 points: Double Bluff (2)

Not mentioned : Murderer Plays Victim and Viewpoint of the Murderer.

And the final results:

40 points: Gatsby722, denni19
35 points: brandz_mygirl, szabs, maninmidohio, leelee63
30 points: JaneMarple, Mugaboo

The winners for this round are Gatsby722 and denni19 . Congrats to Gats and Denni for winning a trivia point each. My sincere thanks to all those who participated. It’s bye till Thursday .

#458082 - Mon Feb 23 2009 08:32 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
brandz_mygirl Offline
Multiloquent

Hi all. I'm sorry to say that for this week, Round 23 for Monday won't be posted. My apologies to everyone and anyone who was waiting to play. I feel really bad about this. I was still hoping to be able to get the round out, hence this late notice. But it's very unlikely now, anyway the chances of me being able to score the answers will be slim to none. Gentle Monday and happy Tuesday wishes to you wherever you are in the world and apologies again.

#458083 - Tue Feb 24 2009 06:24 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 24 ~ Tuesday

Since I had a most frustrating day yesterday , I thought I'd attempt a lighter approach to matters today. Starting here. Today's theme? "Four Wettings and a Funeral" And, no ... it has nothing to do with the once-popular movie starring Dew Grant and Andie MacDrizzle [nyuk, nyuk] ....

1. Let's start out with a breezy one. Or a wet one might be a better adjective, as the case may be? San Francisco-based WeatherBill, Inc. conducted a study and determined their list of the soggiest cities in the 48 contiguous United States, with more than 5 feet of rainfall annually. Live Science's website posts them in a very handy fashion. Please tell me one of the cites on that list's Top 10 Rainiest ...

2. "Wet" was an album released by Barbra Streisand in 1979. The record is a concept album of sorts with all the songs referring to, or expressing different interpretations of, water - 'wet' is also the first and the last word sung on the album, for the record. It was a major success for Streisand, due mostly to a #1 single (a duet with disco diva Donna Summer) that appeared on it. A duet, I might add, that had to be re-titled to *fit* onto the LP, thematically speaking. Initially, said tune's title wasn't at all about anything wet, or even slightly damp . Kindly tell me any track off of Barbra Streisand's "Wet".

3. A major source of domestic wetness is, of course, the private parts of babies. The bulk of humans under the age of one do a significant amount of peeing. Or crying -- both of which involve noteworthy precipitation from one end or the other one, yes? As such, baby bums fit right into the 'wettings' schematic today. As per Green Mountain Diapers, the line of *Cloth-eez Prefold Diapers* has new 'models' of nappies out for 2009 (noting rather urgently that "prefold diapers shrink differently from batch to batch and diaper to diaper -- therefore the normal variation in them can be up to 15%"). Good to know, I reckon? Please tell me a prefold diaper available this year from Cloth-Eez. Your answers will be an 'age group'/size (small, medium, etc.) and a color, then, OK?

4. Wet Willie's was an idea concocted in 1988 by a small group of friends. They hoped to fuse a daiquiri concept with a casual, upbeat atmosphere, yielding the right mix of flavor, fun, and success ~ AKA lots o' profit in various directions. Now a self-described world-renowned institution (? -- "world-renowned" might be a bit on the heady side of accurate, rest assured; "institution", too) serving the world's reportedly greatest frozen daiquiris, Wet Willie's Daiquiri Bar/Restaurants serve guests and provide internet retail sales to customers from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries -- promising great tasting frozen daiquiris with an honest portion of alcohol at fair prices in popular and strategically placed locations. From Wet Willie's corporate site, pick a drink (containing alcohol) from their menu ~ AND only select one with more than one word in it.

5. This bit of current events [and the titled 'funeral'] got both sides of my brain battling each other. I like animals a lot, and think that their actions should always be treated honorably -- they ARE NOT humans, however, and deserve special considerations as such. Since they are instinctively free-ranging beasts (sometimes), those instincts can become perilous when 'social' wires get crossed. The case of the recently dispatched Travis the Chimp (see avatar) is a blatant example of such a mix-up, the end result entirely gruesome. It's a truly sad story all-around ... resulting in one dead chimpanzee and one woman nearly killed after the monkey almost rippied her head off. Literally . Associated Content posted a brief article about Travis on February 17, 2009 subtitled: *Berserker Chimp was a Yankees Fan and Loved Flowers*. Share a sentence from that unfortunate report that has at least one comma in it.

We'll wrap this up and/or dry it off come Saturday, around noon. See ya then!

Edited by Gatsby722 (Tue Feb 24 2009 07:15 AM)

#458084 - Tue Feb 24 2009 04:52 PM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Could I have your attention for a minute please, Round 20 will be closing in about 24 hours, there is plenty of time for veterans and new players to send in their answers.

#458085 - Wed Feb 25 2009 07:14 AM Re: February 2009 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 25 ~ Wednesday

This one'll be spun around just a day (and a dreary-sounding one at that, I suppose) in Gatsbyland. Nothing special ... but I managed five questions out of it, so that's a *plus*, at least . Or maybe not ...

1. Last week I had to get an eye exam (for purposes of driving documentation, etc.). What an ordeal it turned out to be ! Thanks to a couple o' poorly-placed seizures - although I'm thinking there are no 'happily' situated ones? - a while back, I knew my vision was altered considerably as a result. I'd no idea how much, though! Yikes, I nearly failed the eye test ... and but for the sheer patience and probable number-switching of the kindly gent administering said exam, I'd have not gotten licensed. Luckily, my right eye is almost shockingly "operable". It's the left one that sees, um, nothing much ... so I don't feel too blind, entirely, to operate a vehicle. My test was much like a Snellen eye chart - a string of letters lined up above a string of smaller letters, and so forth - until the letters are reduced to the size of a dust mite (or so I think). The typical Snellen Chart only uses 10 letters, randomly. As per Wikipedia, pick one of those letters.

2. Also last week, I was jazzed to find a turtleneck shirt for sale at half-price and I speedily ordered one. It arrived, fit perfectly, and I felt like a complete nerd just seconds after I tried it on (feeling like a nerd isn't so bad; I don't care who says otherwise). I actually don't like turtlenecks all that much. It's just that I have a HUGE Adam's Apple ~ one person cleverly observed, once, that it looked like I had a small tractor stuck in my throat [ahem] ~ so I like to cover it up. A quick look-up of them online led me to a list of somewhat famous folks who liked (and were even "identified by") the shirt style. Dudes like Carl Sagan, Edward Kennedy and even pianist/conductor Vladimir Ashkenazy. That latter fellow was the Principal Conductor of the Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin from 1989-1999, by the way. Please tell me another man who held that position with said orchestra, OK?

3. On the way back from the DMV (Department o' Motor Vehicles) wearing my cool, yet strangling, shirt, we stopped to buy tobacco. I've taken to, for months now, rolling my own cigarettes at home, y'see - although there's no *rolling* involved at all. You shove X amount of tobacco into this little manual machine-ish thing, push, and a smokable result pops out. It's both fun and practical since there are countless flavors of tobacco out there AND it costs [if you're smart] about half as much as buying cigarettes made by big greedy companies. That day I bought a bag of Gambler Tobacco. This time I'd like to know a type and size of Gambler Loose Tobacco that I might have purchased. Your answer will be something like: "Mega-Menthol, 24 ounce" ...

4. Once we arrived home, my friend (who I've known for thirty-five years) and I had lunch and got to talking about "the good old days". I'm not a big fan of such discussions, to be honest. One never leaves them feeling anything but semi-sad, especially when it becomes abundantly clear how much more exciting and freer life was then than it is now. Stuff invariably comes up that leaves a good and solid smile on the face, however. That day the smile came when a local singer popped up in our gabfest; we rascals used to follow Alex Bevan around whenever he played nearby. Bevan's local 'hit' was a tune with the lines: 'I'm a skinny little boy, from Cleveland Ohio, just a chasin' down the women and drinkin' up the beer ...' It was a fun song indeed . Alex Bevan even released an album once called "Springboard", originally recorded in the 1970s. Name a track from it.

5. Each year at my house, one of the most anticipated events is Oscar Night. It's another one of *those things*, I guess, that doesn't change the course of history or tickle the brains of the self-propelled intellectual, but I enjoy the Academy Adwards (and their history) like crazy. This year presented a show of general *expectability* ~ there was hardly any doubt that the well-received "little" film Slumdog Millionaire would sweep the prizes last Sunday. And so it did, winning 8 of the 10 statues for which it was nominated. Interestingly (at least to me ), Slumdog was one of only eleven movies in Oscar history to be named Best Picture that did not earn even one nomination for its cast of actors. See if you can dig up the name of one of the other films to have shared that 'distinction'. Note: this site could prove helpful - but I'm pretty sure the info is findable in other places ...

This one will become locked for posterity come Sunday, around noon. Unless I get too blind to find the computer, cough up an abused lung and/or get strangled to lifelessness by my new shirt in the meantime, that is.
If you get stuck on Qu.5 (or any of 'em, o' course) don't hesitate to PM me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002