Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#463766 - Fri Mar 20 2009 09:01 PM Quiz Placement
Markboynz Offline
Explorer

Loc: Auckland NZ
Ok, so I'm thinking of making a new quiz, but before I do, I want to check that there would actually be somewhere to put it...

The concept of the quiz is fictional events which have happened in television programs, which have a real life analogy. For example, one I have already used in a quiz was comparing the seventh season of the West Wing with the 2008 US presidential election. However, I needed to tinker with that question a little, as in its original state, it required quizzers to have knowledge external to the program. So, my question is, if I'm making a quiz which requires knowledge of television programs, but external knowledge as well, is there anywhere on the site that this quiz would fit?

I just don't want to put too many hours into it, if it isn't the sort of quiz the site wants

#463767 - Sat Mar 21 2009 07:38 AM Re: Quiz Placement
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool DurhamEnglandUK
Thematic fun maybe? The theme being that all your events occurred in the TV shows as analogies to real life events.

#463768 - Sat Mar 21 2009 08:28 AM Re: Quiz Placement
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia�USA�...
It sounds like it could be very interesting to play! Not usually one for TV trivia, but I would learn about stuff from this and might even find some shows that I'd like to watch due to the real-life tie-in with a twist!

Sue

#463769 - Sat Mar 21 2009 09:54 AM Re: Quiz Placement
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa OntarioCanada
It *might* still fit in Television, if all your questions are of that nature, and you make clear in your introduction that the questions can't necessarily be answered by watching the shows. You'd have to double-check with the Television editors, but I have a "Simpons History" quiz in The Simpons category, that asks about real-life history events.

#463770 - Sat Mar 21 2009 10:17 AM Re: Quiz Placement
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Quote:

It *might* still fit in Television, if all your questions are of that nature, and you make clear in your introduction that the questions can't necessarily be answered by watching the shows. You'd have to double-check with the Television editors, but I have a "Simpons History" quiz in The Simpons category, that asks about real-life history events.

We try to avoid such quizzes in Television now. Currently, we ask that all questions be answered by watching the show/are about the show/television.

Editor for Television Category

#463771 - Sat Mar 21 2009 04:43 PM Re: Quiz Placement
Markboynz Offline
Explorer

Ok, so it's sounding like "Thematic Fun" might be the place for it? It had just also occurred to me that it might fit in the general "Entertainment" category, although I'm not sure if they have the same rules?

If editors for either of those sections see this, would they be able to clarify whether there might be space for a quiz like this with them?

#463772 - Thu Apr 02 2009 05:05 PM Re: Quiz Placement
Markboynz Offline
Explorer

Apologies for the double post - just wanted to see if the editors for either of the two categories I suggested - "Thematic Fun" or "Entertainment", would consider such a quiz suitable?

#463773 - Fri Apr 03 2009 03:17 PM Re: Quiz Placement
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool DurhamEnglandUK
Your best bet is probably to send a message to one of the editors for those categories and ask Mark. If you go to the category it will say who the editors are there. Just "pick an ed, any ed" from them

Moderator:  agony