Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#463991 - Sun Mar 22 2009 07:05 PM Literature quiz category
Julia103 Online   content
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
The "Who's the Expert" category last hour was "Literature Before 1900". Two of the questions that came up in my set were about books published in the 1950s ("Doctor Zhivago" and "Lord of the Flies").

After I did the game I pulled up the original quizzes and found that they were in the "Literature Before 1900" category, but were actually more general Literature quizzes with several questions from several 20th century classic works as well as earlier books. The quiz IDs are 35998 and 20961.

It doesn't seem right to send a correction note, since there's nothing wrong with the question other than not fitting the category. Is there a way to notify an editor of possible miscategorization, or is posting here appropriate?

#463992 - Mon Mar 23 2009 06:50 AM Re: Literature quiz category
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
This'll do.

There are quite a few like that in that category. Most of these are very old quizzes, and if there's only one question in the quiz that doesn't fit the category, I leave it. If it's a bigger problem, I'll move the quiz or maybe just change a couple of the questions.

It would be OK to send a correction about this kind of thing, too, if you come across more of them - good way to bring them to our attention.

#463993 - Mon Mar 23 2009 03:17 PM Re: Literature quiz category
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Well, thanks for alerting me to just how messy that category was! I don't mind the odd Edith Wharton, Rudyard Kipling, or E M Forster in that category, but Salinger and Golding really do not belong.

#463994 - Mon Mar 23 2009 06:24 PM Re: Literature quiz category
Julia103 Online   content
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore Maryland USA       
Thanks agony.

If you're moving quizzes out of the category, quiz ID 221 should go also (Catch 22, Brave New World, Narnia, Lonesome Dove, and Elie Weisel.)

It might be easier to rename the category as "Literary Classics" instead of sorting by year

Moderator:  agony