Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#466327 - Thu Apr 09 2009 04:06 PM Crossword not listed in category
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I've noticed that my Canadian History crossword does not show up on the History page of crosswords. It does show up under my profile and everything, so it is online, just wondering why it's not on the History page?

#466328 - Thu Apr 09 2009 04:21 PM Re: Crossword not listed in category
CellarDoor Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Seattle
Washington USA
There's a bug whereby the most recent crossword that goes online is not displayed on the crosswords page. It needs the next crossword that goes online after it to knock it onto the page. (After which that next crossword has to wait for the next, etc.)

This applies not only to the main "newest crosswords" page, but also to the category pages. So the most recent crossword to go online in History will show up on the main, uncategorized page, but it won't be displayed on the History page until the next History puzzle goes up.

This doesn't make much of a difference in categories like General where the crosswords come thick and fast, but in categories without much traffic, it can lead to a fairly long wait before a puzzle is displayed everywhere.

My guess is that this is what happened to your crossword. The bug is on Terry's to-do list; unfortunately, that list must run to hundreds of pages by now ...

#466329 - Thu Apr 09 2009 06:24 PM Re: Crossword not listed in category
funnybuni Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
Quote:

unfortunately, that list must run to hundreds of pages by now ...

On FunTrivia alone. Not to mention his "to-do" list in real life. Which is definitely why I could never create a website. Kudos to Terry for keeping up as well as he does on the site.

#466330 - Thu Apr 09 2009 09:48 PM Re: Crossword not listed in category
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Ah, okay. Didn't know that bug applied to the category pages as well. Thanks

Moderator:  agony