Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#466687 - Mon Apr 13 2009 08:57 AM Submitting when another quiz is being edited
funnybuni Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
My lord, do the questions from the bunny never end?

All right, so I submitted a quiz and as it turns out, it needs MAJOR editing. I kind of suspected it would, but didn't quite know where. Luckily, the editor did and has helped me out tremendously. I'll be able to re-write it, but it could take me a couple days - even a week or so. Is it all right to submit another quiz to another category while I am editing? The editor I was working with in the other category has no affiliation with the category of the other quiz I'd like to submit. And if there are any problems with the second quiz (which I doubt), they are not to be the same ones with the first one (as the first one is a unique case).

Edited by funnybuni (Mon Apr 13 2009 08:58 AM)

#466688 - Mon Apr 13 2009 09:11 AM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
crisw Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: California USA
We prefer you stick with the first quiz until it's completed before submitting a second one.

#466689 - Mon Apr 13 2009 10:40 AM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Would the system even allow that? Wouldn't it say something like "You have outstanding corrections on another quiz, please deal with that first" when you try to submit the second one?

#466690 - Mon Apr 13 2009 10:51 AM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
funnybuni Offline
Enthusiast

Well, it lets you, but since it is not allowed, perhaps it shouldn't? Perhaps Terry should put "fix the system - for the 50 bijillionth time" on his "to-do" list.

Poor Terry...

Thanks, everyone!

#466691 - Mon Apr 13 2009 01:03 PM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:

Well, it lets you, but since it is not allowed, perhaps it shouldn't? Perhaps Terry should put "fix the system - for the 50 bijillionth time" on his "to-do" list.

The thing is though, we frequently send out corrections for restricted quizzes. Putting a stop to any submissions if they have a correction notice could potentially mean that we can't accept any from said author if this is the case...or we have to put the restricted one online- but that really defeats the purpose.

#466692 - Mon Apr 13 2009 02:32 PM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
funnybuni Offline
Enthusiast

aha - I see your point.

#466693 - Mon Apr 13 2009 02:52 PM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
guitargoddess Offline

But if an author is working on a restricted quiz, shouldn't they still finish with that one first before trying to submit a different quiz to a different category?

#466694 - Mon Apr 13 2009 04:30 PM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Quote:

But if an author is working on a restricted quiz, shouldn't they still finish with that one first before trying to submit a different quiz to a different category?

If your quiz is on a restricted subcategory and you are not eligible to submit a quiz to a restricted subcategory, go ahead and work on a quiz that you are able to submit when completed.

Editor for Television Category

#466695 - Mon Apr 13 2009 04:56 PM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Quote:

If your quiz is on a restricted subcategory and you are not eligible to submit a quiz to a restricted subcategory, go ahead and work on a quiz that you are able to submit when completed.

...which is why the system doesn't automatically disallow submissions if there are outstanding CNs on another quiz.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#466696 - Mon Apr 13 2009 05:12 PM Re: Submitting when another quiz is being edited
guitargoddess Offline

Ahh okay. Like if someone had only three other quizzes online and needed to get up to the requirement of five online to have a restricted category quiz online. That makes sense.

Moderator:  agony