Rules
Terms of Use

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#1043178 - Thu Apr 24 2014 12:24 PM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
Completely laugh I do love the picture though.

#1047713 - Sat May 31 2014 07:28 AM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Bumping up for Mommakat

#1047769 - Sat May 31 2014 07:39 PM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
Mommakat Offline
Explorer

Loc: Mandurah Western Australia    
Actually I love Vegemite. My late husband compared it to axle grease and said he hated it. Strange statement when he had never ever tried it. I was brought up on it and I am what we Aussies call, a Vegemite Kid.

Back in 1983 when I was visiting my daughter, MotherGoose, who at that time was living in California, I went armed with a large giant sized jar of vegemite for her as she could not buy it there and missed having it, plus two Tee-shirts, one each for her and her husband which carried the slogan "I'm a Vegemite Kid" They were amused and when we visited an amusement park a few days later they both wore them. As we were walking along an American woman came up to us, stared at their Tee-shirts, and said in a loud voice (drew the attention of by-standers by the way) "I'm a Vegemite Kid! What the hell is Vegemite?" Created quite a bit of amusement.

My advice to others "If you haven't tried it, don't knock it till you do". I am never without it on the kitchen counter to plaster on my morning toast....LOL

#1054361 - Mon Jul 21 2014 04:22 AM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
lonely-lady Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: England UK
I have been reading through this and am about to shut the laptop down and head off to the shops for

MARMITE

#1054363 - Mon Jul 21 2014 04:27 AM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
MikeMaster99 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Melbourne VIC Australia      
Noooooo lonely-lady. Don't do it. I can airmail a large jar of wonderful, zesty, invigorating Vegemite to you. It should arrive in ...mmm Australian mail system, customs, theft of such a treasure en route.... about 3 months. Surely that's worth waiting for!

It puts a rose in every cheek.

#1054406 - Mon Jul 21 2014 11:30 AM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
lonely-lady Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: England UK
I did buy a jar of the other stuff when it was on special offer. I do not know what was wrong with it. I expected it to be an "acceptable" substitute for MARMITE but it was something else entirely. I would be happy to try again if I get a set of instructions along with the free jar.

PS I am not sure that I want a pink bottom, thankyouallthesame blush

Edited by lonely-lady (Mon Jul 21 2014 11:31 AM)

#1054408 - Mon Jul 21 2014 12:00 PM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I once bought a jar of the V one, after opening the jar I just couldn't bring myself to eat any, it didn't smell right!

#1054449 - Mon Jul 21 2014 07:04 PM Re: Marmite versus Vegemite - Let Battle Commence!
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia
Y'all can have both of them...I will pass. wink grin

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  ren33, sue943