Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#540852 - Sun Jul 04 2010 04:44 AM How to delete pictures from Photobucket please
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
I haven't been into my photobucket account for awhile but I would like to delete a few pictures in there that are old and I really don't need to save them anymore.
Thanks in advance for the help.
PF

#540853 - Sun Jul 04 2010 06:47 AM Re: How to delete pictures from Photobucket please
flopsymopsy Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
Well, all you need to do is log on to your Photobucket account and delete the images you don't want. You can either delete the images one by one or select then delete them as a whole batch.

However you should be aware that a while ago Photobucket removed some accounts that hadn't been used for a long time so you may find that your account is no longer active. The only way to check this is to log on and try. Photobucket also rearranged images into new folders leaving it to users to switch things around - so if you haven't been on Photobucket for a while you may find things have changed a bit.

#540854 - Sun Jul 04 2010 07:12 AM Re: How to delete pictures from Photobucket please
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Also if you delete photos which you have linked to a website they will be removed from there as well

#540855 - Sun Jul 04 2010 09:37 AM Re: How to delete pictures from Photobucket please
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Quote:

Also if you delete photos which you have linked to a website they will be removed from there as well

That can be a problem for some sites, although perhaps not so much here. A computer graphics site I know of won't allow links to images on Photobucket (or similar site) anymore because members could remove photos from their accounts. This could leave holes in the threads where images used to be.

To prevent that, the method now is to upload images to the site so that the site has control of them. I'm not sure but I don't think it would be the site itself that hosts the images but they possibly link to their own image hosting service somewhere.

#540856 - Sun Jul 04 2010 08:58 PM Re: How to delete pictures from Photobucket please
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
TW I have removed photos from Photobuck and found them also removed from our photo a Day thread, so I have quickly replaced them. Is this not the case now?

#540857 - Mon Jul 05 2010 12:04 AM Re: How to delete pictures from Photobucket please
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Quote:

Is this not the case now?

Yes it will be. I suppose removing images that are situated in really old threads might not be so bad but even then, some members or visitors might want to browse through them. If an image has been moved or removed, people will see a post describing a photo but no actual photo. I think once photos have been linked to in forum posts, it's probably best never to delete or move them.

If images have been optimised for web display, the free Photobucket account will probably suffice for years. I opened my account in February 2007, have got 586 images stored yet have only used 7% of my 500MB of free space. Not all of those images are photos though. Some are small screenshots showing computer setting etc. Nonetheless, at that rate, my free space is going to last forever. There should be no need for me to ever start deleting older images to make space for new ones.

Different if personal videos are stored there for linking to. They would probably use up the allowed free storage and bandwidth much more quickly.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29