Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#603896 - Thu Mar 10 2011 11:08 AM Question Quest Dilemma
darthrevan89 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Texas USA
I submitted a question to the Question Quest that is just now going through the game, and after 21 plays it has 14% correct and a rating of 0. Yikes! Thought it'd be easier/more interesting than that.

So, my question is, if I submit a correction on it and hopefully make it easier/better, will it ever get a chance to go through the system again and get re-rated? I know the header on the Accepted Submissions page says to feel free to do this, but if it won't ever go through the game again and is forever stuck in the Obscure/Boring stack, what's the point?

Thanks for any answers! Of course, maybe my worries are premature and the ratings will inch up a bit. smile

#603926 - Thu Mar 10 2011 02:10 PM Re: Question Quest Dilemma
reeshy Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
21 plays is very few. Wait until the number of plays is more around the 200 stage to get a better idea of how people found it. I was recently disappointed in the stats for one of my questions at the lower plays, but as more people played it settled into stats that I was expecting more. Hang in there! And if it doesn't quite reach expectations, you can always write new questions. smile It's disappointing, but some questions are just destined to have a low rating, sometimes based on difficulty more than anything.

Good luck!
Richard

#603936 - Thu Mar 10 2011 03:23 PM Re: Question Quest Dilemma
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
It currently takes at least 2-3 days of play for a question to get a 'final' rating, so if you did submit a change today, it could be played with your change by tomorrow (depends when an editor sees it and actions though of course), or it may be totally fine as is and will sort itself out as more people play.

#604028 - Thu Mar 10 2011 05:30 PM Re: Question Quest Dilemma
darthrevan89 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Texas USA
Thanks for the replies! That's good to know Guitargoddess, I'll keep that in mind. My question is up to 19% and 0.07 -- not quite what I expected but it beats my worst question at least. I'm not sure how I could "fix" it anyway so I will probably leave it be.

Thanks for the encouragement as well Richard, I will definitely keep on writing questions! smile

Moderator:  agony