Shootout Rules :
1. Unless otherwise stated, each player may answer one daily and one stumper per day.
2. After answering a question, no matter if the answer is wrong, a player may ask a question of their own.
3. After asking a question, the answer must be emailed to me at : email@example.com
4. All answers must be able to be verified in case of a challange.
5. A question (except those submitted by me) becomes a stumper if unanswered for 24 hours after being submitted.
6. A stumper remains on the board for seven days. If unanswered within those seven days, it will go to the dead pile ("Stumpers" thread) and the submitter will receive 10 points. If a stumper in the dead pile is challanged and proven to have the wrong answer, the challanger will get the 10 points and 10 points will be deducted from the submitters score.
7. Correct answers for daily = 20 points , stumpers = 10 points.
8. The last 5 days of the month will be a "Catch up / Blowout" round wher all points are doubled (daily = 40, stumper = 20) and each player is allowed two daily and two stumper answers.
9. Do Not make you questions too general whereas there are more than one answer to the question. A question may have more then one part to the question, but remember that 10 points will be given for each part correctly answered and you don't want your compitition getting extra points. Do you?
"HIGH NOON" Shootouts
Every once in a while I will have a "High Noon" shootout where I will choose a time that I will ask 5, or more, questions for bonus points. These questions won't count against your daily limit. The first player to post the correct answer to any, or all, of the questions receive whatever points I state for that bonus shootout. I usually try to have the shootout at noon time somewhere. The first one was noon EST and the second was noon London time. I think the next will be noon Aussie time.
Strategy Tips :
1. Since a person can't answer their own question, always try to answer other stumpers first and save leader's stumpers for last. That way you take a possible 10 points away from the leaders. You get the extra 10 points for the stumper and the leader won't have any stumpers they can answer for the 10 points.
2. Answer leader's stumpers before the seven day period is up. This way the leader won't get 10 points for their own question.
3. Don't give up. Answer your limit each day and if unsure of your answer, do some research first. If somebody answers it before you finish your researc, at least you didn't lose your daily allowance and can answer another one.
Good luck and enjoy the game!