Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#624390 - Thu May 12 2011 04:23 AM Question Quest Query
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hartlepool Durham England UK
When an editor finds a Q in the Question Quest, do they need the exact wording of the whole question, or keywords, or does it have to be via a correction note from the question as it is played in the game?
(I vaguely remember this being discussed a while back, but can't remember which it was).
I wanted to send a note to an editor about a particular question, and wondered if they would be able to find the Q, or if I will have to hope to see it again and send a note through the in-game system. I do know which player submmitted it if that's any help.
Also, is there a way to tell which category a question is in, in the new question game? (I know I may well have looked right at it in the game, but I can't think if it said it or not now smirk )

#624394 - Thu May 12 2011 05:02 AM Re: Question Quest Query
looney_tunes Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia
I am only a relative newbie as an editor, but I don't know how to locate singe questions unless they show up as a submission, a resubmission, or tagged with a correction note. If it can be done, other editors may know how. (And I will get in touch to learn!)

#624428 - Thu May 12 2011 09:52 AM Re: Question Quest Query
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ottawa
Ontario Canada
As far as I'm aware, what LT said is correct. The QQ question base is not "searchable" and we only have access to questions that show up in the queue.

If you remember who the author was, you might open a discussion with him/her about it. An individual author has the capability of sending corrections on his/her own submissions at any time.

#624503 - Thu May 12 2011 12:13 PM Re: Question Quest Query
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

Thanks LadyC. I shall have to mull it over, it would require a vast amount of tact that I'm not sure I possess :S Might be worth just letting it slide until/if I see the Q in the game again rather than getting into it directly I think.

#624521 - Thu May 12 2011 01:07 PM Re: Question Quest Query
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: Rowena8482
Also, is there a way to tell which category a question is in, in the new question game? (I know I may well have looked right at it in the game, but I can't think if it said it or not now smirk )

Sorry Row, I think I passed this question over the first time round.

The categories are given when you play, but on the answer/rating screen I don't think it is given. If I'm wondering what category a question was in afterwards, I hit "back" and just check it again on the game screen.

#624527 - Thu May 12 2011 01:24 PM Re: Question Quest Query
Rowena8482 Offline
Prolific

I had a feeling that was how it worked, and I can't for the life of me remember which one it was in. It could have been in at least four too. Ah well, will just have to hope I get the Q again at some point.

#624544 - Thu May 12 2011 02:17 PM Re: Question Quest Query
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Ontario Canada
And if it's a big enough issue, I'm sure someone else will notice it and send a report.

Moderator:  agony