Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#631731 - Sun Jun 05 2011 12:00 PM Does it Go in World or Geography?
ajwtimperley Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Great Manchester England UK
I am doing a quiz on World Heritage Sites. It covers sites on all continents, and is a mixture of man made and natural wonders.

My natural instinct is to put this in "World Sites" in the "World" category, but as "World" specifically says that it excludes question on "Physical Geography", I figure that it needs to go in the "Geography" category. If so, I am struggling to find a suitable sub-category with "Where on Earth?" and "Geography - Miscellany" seeming the best possibilities, though I still don't feel that they're right for my quiz.

Any suggestions, as I'd rather not waste editor time?

Thanks,
A.

#631747 - Sun Jun 05 2011 01:10 PM Re: Does it Go in World or Geography?
looney_tunes Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia
Those cross-category quizzes can be a problem! If you do not get a definite response from an editor in one of the two relevant categories, there are a few possibilities that spring to my mind.

1. Write two quizzes, and focus one on man-made sites, one on natural wonders.
2. Decide which preponderates in your planned quiz, and write for that category. You might be able to give an appropriate slant to your questions so that they fit into the chosen category.
3. Consider placing it in General Knowledge - Thematic Fun. This is less satisfactory in terms of future players finding it as they browse, but might be a work-around.

And remember that the editors can re-categorise your quiz into a better spot if you don't get it quite right, or advise about any need to replace some qustions.

#631825 - Sun Jun 05 2011 04:32 PM Re: Does it Go in World or Geography?
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
I may be wrong but I think what is meant by "Physical Geography" is questions about what makes a lake, descriptions of peninsulas, how deep is the ___Ocean, what is Benegildo's major crop, etc. World Heritage Sites would seem to fit right into the types of questions I've encountered playing that (World Sites) category.

Edited by mehaul (Sun Jun 05 2011 04:33 PM)

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#631828 - Sun Jun 05 2011 04:51 PM Re: Does it Go in World or Geography?
Pagiedamon Offline

Loc: North Carolina USA
You could submit it to World/World Sites. If the World editors think it would fit better in Geography, they will send it over to Geography. smile Sounds like an interesting quiz!

#632022 - Mon Jun 06 2011 11:57 AM Re: Does it Go in World or Geography?
ajwtimperley Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Great Manchester England UK
Thanks for the input. Once I've completed it, I'll try "World Sites", and hope that the editors don't spit it back at me in disgust! ;-)

#632344 - Tue Jun 07 2011 11:56 AM Re: Does it Go in World or Geography?
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
The editors are fairly nice people. If you make a string of quizzes on the same subject, they won't spit it back in disgust - unless you would break each and every guideline, that is.

Moderator:  agony