Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#63227 - Sun Oct 29 2000 08:23 PM Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Sagebrush Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Wichita
  Kansas USA
First, Congratulations are in order for Pinhead as last weeks winner. That makes two weeks in a row for her. Better get on the ball and stop her from making it three.

Since I have Shootout, High Noon. Quest and Memories to watch over also, I will need a little help with the verifing entries. What I propose is that if someone sees that an entry before them is invalid, that they challange it in this thread. Then if they can prove it invalid with a web site, they will get half the invalid entries score added to their total. The submitter of the invalid entry gets 0 for that day. Does that sound alright?

I'm pretty sure I can keep the totals updated. Just won't have time to verify every entry.

Good Luck to all!

#63228 - Mon Oct 30 2000 06:42 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Sagebrush Offline
Multiloquent

Kansas USA

KL - Sherpa is not part of the name, but is his nationality. It will not be counted as part of your score.

The question of whether titles (ex: "Sir", "Lord", etc.) should be allowed I will leave up to you players. Should they be allowed as part of the name?

#63229 - Mon Oct 30 2000 07:30 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Yeah no worries Sage, I wasn't sure where I could put...I thought about the front with parthenesis but knew that would be certain death for it...Ta

KL

#63230 - Mon Oct 30 2000 10:54 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Partsdude Offline
Prolific

Loc: Michigan USA
O.K. Mama, pronounce that name!!! I think you would have be sitting on an unevenly loaded washer during the spin cycle!

#63231 - Mon Oct 30 2000 01:11 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Sage--I forgot to include it in the rules...titles shouldnīt count. They never have in other games. Besides, I figured most of these peopleīs names are long enough as it is. LOL

Good luck everyone!

#63232 - Mon Oct 30 2000 01:39 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

You've got that right, PD!!! I had to do about ten double takes to write it out - and then I kept thinking there should be some more vowels somewhere!!! Glad he wasn't part of my grade school education!

------------------
God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.
Jewish proverb

#63233 - Mon Oct 30 2000 04:14 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
Congratulations Pinhead!
MAMA!!!!! Your entry was downright sinful!!! Great job, I think you owe us all a Bloody Mary for attempting to pronounce it.

#63234 - Mon Oct 30 2000 05:42 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Pinhead Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon...
Thanks, JoJo. Hey guys, I'm dropping out this week. We put our dog 'Max' to sleep and I just don't have the heart to play...Sorry..

Good Luck to everyone...

------------------
"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.".............
Dan Quayle

#63235 - Mon Oct 30 2000 05:57 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Max Pinhead. We look forward to having you back with us real soon. Snake just won't be the same without our sweet PinTheTailOnTheDonkey. Take care.

#63236 - Mon Oct 30 2000 06:57 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

I was wondering what had happened to you, Pinhead. Iīm sorry to hear about Max, I know how you must be feeling. I was a mess when my dear Coco died a couple of years ago. Hope you feel better soon.

#63237 - Mon Oct 30 2000 07:50 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Caerr Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Huntly NZ
The use of no titles (Sir, Lord etc) wasn't in the rules when I posted.

------------------
I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall,
but Newton was the one who asked why.

Bernard Mannes Baruch

#63238 - Mon Oct 30 2000 08:08 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Sagebrush Offline
Multiloquent

Kansas USA
You are correct Caerr and won't be deducted the 3 points this time. It will be in the rules starting now.

#63239 - Mon Oct 30 2000 09:08 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Caerr Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Huntly NZ
Thank you Sagebrush, I know it is only 3 points, but by some of the entries already posted, I will be needing every point I can get. lol.

------------------
I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall,
but Newton was the one who asked why.

Bernard Mannes Baruch

#63240 - Mon Oct 30 2000 10:44 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Sagebrush Offline
Multiloquent

Kansas USA
Pinhead - Sorry to hear about your loss of a family member. They do become part of the family and the loss of one is felt just as deep. Hope you are back with us next week.

#63241 - Tue Oct 31 2000 12:48 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

I was totally confused today due to Daylight Saving Time, and posted more than half an hour before my slot. I think I may have taken Valīs spot, and if so I am extremely sorry Val!!! If this is so, then please take my points away, or at least cut them in half for godīs sake! LOL

I canīt believe I got that unbelievably long entry today...I was positive someone would have found it before me for sure! Thatīs it for me though..LOL..thatīs by far the longest I could find.

Will be back on track tomorrow for sure, just have to remember to post an hour later than what Iīm used to.

[This message has been edited by Fortunata (edited 10-31-2000).]

#63242 - Tue Oct 31 2000 01:13 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Well, Fortunata, I had that puppy printed out and sitting on my desk waiting for Partsdude to give me an "A" - even contemplated pretending he had today - going off the last letter of the last name - but you're the one to buy the drinks now - I don't think anyone can catch up with you, and definitely not if they have to pronounce that name to pass "GO"!!!!

Pin Darling, I am soo sorry. I had a nightmare this weekend and at least I got to cuddle my Bear when I woke up. I know you miss Max, but I'm sure you're not far apart. Take care, and come back to the fold soon.

------------------
Jewish proverb

#63243 - Tue Oct 31 2000 02:34 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

No need to get mad at me, Mama! As you can see, I already asked Sage to take my points away. I think I took Valīs spot anyway, and whether it may seem so or not...I believe in always playing fair.

#63244 - Wed Nov 01 2000 09:33 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Oh, I definitely wouldn't get mad at you in any event, Fortunata! (I forgot I chose that face, but I meant it more as frustration on my own, not anger!) But I'm sorry if you don't get the glory of that entry. It's a sight to behold!!!

------------------
Jewish proverb

[This message has been edited by Mamaja (edited 11-01-2000).]

#63245 - Wed Nov 01 2000 01:01 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Whoooops! Sorry Mama, my bad. Would you like a Bloody Mary?

Well, I screwed up again yesterday and completely missed my time slot. One of these days, I tell ya, Iīll get the times straight!
LOL

Is Val playing or not?

Fort
(goofier than ever)

#63246 - Wed Nov 01 2000 03:53 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Fort, sweetheart, I've got the celery if you've got the vodka!!! This is the frst week in a long time that I've been at my desk calmly working and able to play on time - life - better than the alternative, but still a four-letter word with a big "IF" in the middle!!!!

------------------
Jewish proverb

#63247 - Fri Nov 03 2000 12:47 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

I am going to be toooooooo wasted to play today so the person after me can post early if they would like to. MAMA and Fort pass one of those Bloody Mary's over here.

#63248 - Thu Nov 02 2000 04:52 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

You betcha, Jo Sweetie!!!
I'm making doubles, cuz I just noticed that Karma's entry for today is a duplicate of BagLady's from yesterday!!! Here I knew I was getting nailed, and I have a slight reprieve - drinks all around!!!
I actually made the discovery because I was feeling bad about giving BL an "E" today, but when I posted it, I was just happy it didn't end in "Z" like I thought it did!!
Belly on up to the bar, BL, and I'll try for a new letter tomorrow!!

------------------
Jewish proverb

#63249 - Thu Nov 02 2000 07:41 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Guess who's back?

Sagebrush, I will start playing next week.

------------------
IndianPainter
Does Laughing Like A Chipmunk Qualify Me For Ripley's Believe It Or Not?

#63250 - Fri Nov 03 2000 09:47 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 46 - Journey to where no man has trod!
Anonymous
No longer registered

Partsdude, you said the other day you might be late today - I'm gonna search and post if you haven't - I apologize if I'm jumping the gun - but I have a meeting later, and I won't be able to do anything if I don't start now.
I don't have anything in mind, so this isn't an agenda or anything. Just wanting to get something posted today

------------------
Jewish proverb

Moderator:  ozzz2002