Here are the scores (including scores so far today), and the questions unanswered.
Karmaloupster ... 585
gtho4 .............. 490
PaulE ............. 440
Barbs42 .......... 315
chessart ........... 240
Partsdude ........ 200
Davjack .......... 195
Tangledrose ..... 180
Jabberwock ..... 10
24. Which was the first Cinerama movie filmed using anamorphic lenses?
PaulE - 11-10-2000 03:26 AM
30. In Burundi in 1995, how many females were enrolled in secondary school per 100 males?
PaulE - 11-13-2000 10:23 AM
32. What kind of container (Type and Brand Name) is Donny transported to his final resting place to, in the flilm, "The Big Lebowski"? karmaloupster - 11-13-2000 09:19 PM
33. What football club in England has the following Eccelestical record to show amongst their claims to fame...Only team in the history of the game to go scoreless through an entire pope's reign? karmaloupster - 11-13-2000 09:19 PM
37. 37 One of Shakespeare's plays had a scene which was not printed until 5 years after the death of Elizabeth the 1st. Which play was it, and how many printings of the play without the scene were made during Elizabeths' Reign? Davjack - 11-14-2000 06:10 AM
38. Why did British ships in the English Channel fire a 21 gun salute in 1799?
Davjack - 11-14-2000 06:10 AM
46. Where in Alaska was the first radio station built? It was constructed and installed in 1916.
gtho4 - 11-15-2000 11:49 PM
47. What was the final line the Seinfeld television series?
karmaloupster - 11-15-2000 11:49 PM
48. Which occupant of the white houuse once ran up over an excessive, $25,000 in clothing bills? karmaloupster - 11-16-2000 04:30 AM
49. In the original "Planet of the Apes" movie, what was the date showing on the ships computer just before they had to abandon ship in the lake? Davjack - 11-16-2000 06:14 AM
UNANSWERED 20 POINTERS
52. The landmark decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Marbury v Madison 1803 was the first occasion upon which the Court declared an Act of Congress beyond its powers aka unconstitutional.. "a law repugnant to the constitution is void". It was not, however, the first occasion upon which the Court was asked to rule on the validity of an Act of Congress. In the 1790s the Court upheld the validity of an Act - the case concerned the validity of an act levying certain taxes - what is the name of that case? gtho4 - 11-17-2000 03:38 AM
53. Following on from Q52 - the next case in which the Supreme Court declared an Act of Congress void was in the 1850s, but the decision in Marbury v Madison was not referred to when the Court delivered its judgement. It wasn't until a case in the 1890s that the Supreme Court quoted from or referred to the decision of Marbury v Madison, in delivering a judgement in which it declared an Act void. What is the name of that case?
gtho4 - 11-17-2000 03:38 AM
54. Complete the following line from The Simpsons...
Marge: (Looking at expensive Punch bowl...)"Maybe we could use it once and take it back the next day."
Homer: "No way Marge. It's not exactly a ________ you know."
karmaloupster - 11-17-2000 04:42 AM
55. Where am I?...
a. I am a subdision of my country (ie state (Aust, US), County (UK) Canton (switzerland)etc)
b. My principal exports include Cotton,hay, Corn, Cattle, Milk, Eggs, Coal and Gas.
c. My capital shares it's name with another world provisional capital.
d. My Capital has a 16.7 degrees celcius average temprature.
e. I am largely land locked, however a small portion of my land is on the coast.
karmaloupster - 11-17-2000 04:42 AM
56. Who was the first person born in the American Colonies to be knighted by the British Crown ? Davjack - 11-17-2000 04:11 PM
57. What is the claim to fame of John Davis ? Davjack - 11-17-2000 04:11 PM
To help those under 70 points of second place leader, these people will score double for these and it won't count against their daily limit. Although it won't count as your daily, you can answer only one of these bonus questions per day. This offer is good until they get within range or The Blowout / Catch-up Round (last 5 week days of the month/game).
All others may answer, but for 20 points and it will count as your daily.
Name the artist for these songs:
S 6. Gee Whiz
S 8. Just a Dream
S 9. L - O - V - E
S10. Love Lifted Me
S12. No One Knows
S13. One Grain of Sand
S15. Rip It Up
S17. She's About a Mover
Good Luck !