Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#635117 - Sun Jun 19 2011 06:25 AM Answer Statistics
SonnyLinks Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Texas USA
Hello, everyone, I'm so happy to be a part of FunTrivia! I have gone back about a dozen pages but haven't seen my particular question addressed so I apologize if I'm bringing up a repetitive question.

I'd like to know if there's a way for me to see what percentage of people are getting each of my quiz questions right without me having to take my own quiz. I'm very interested in knowing what is stumping people the most and which information is more known. Thanks!

#635123 - Sun Jun 19 2011 06:39 AM Re: Answer Statistics
ozzz2002 Online   FT-cool

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia
Hi Sonny,

If you go to "Me" then "My Quizzes:Edit", you can see the percentages correct. Unfortunately, there is no way of finding out which wrong answers were selected.

Also, there is no real problem with playing your own quiz, as scores are not recorded for that.

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#635159 - Sun Jun 19 2011 08:39 AM Re: Answer Statistics
SonnyLinks Offline
Learning the ropes...

Thanks a lot for the speedy and most helpful reply. I thought maybe taking one's own quiz might be, at best frowned upon or, at worse, considered cheating.

#635211 - Sun Jun 19 2011 12:05 PM Re: Answer Statistics
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK
Taking your own quiz is actually quite useful. It's surprising how doing this can highlight typos and/or ambiguities in your questions which no amount of proofreading seems to pick up.

#635212 - Sun Jun 19 2011 12:09 PM Re: Answer Statistics
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
I thought maybe taking one's own quiz might be, at best frowned upon or, at worse, considered cheating.

Your score on your own quiz is not saved, so it doesn't skew the ratings or percentages and it doesn't count as cheating.

#635214 - Sun Jun 19 2011 12:35 PM Re: Answer Statistics
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Originally Posted By: rossian
Taking your own quiz is actually quite useful. It's surprising how doing this can highlight typos and/or ambiguities in your questions which no amount of proofreading seems to pick up.

I totally agree, I always play my own quizzes when they go online and often find something small that I want to fix, like if I missed a word somewhere or something. It just seems like it's easier to find little things like that when looking at it as a quiz player than as the quiz author.

#635364 - Mon Jun 20 2011 04:12 AM Re: Answer Statistics
SonnyLinks Offline
Learning the ropes...

After taking my own, I see how true this is. I've read that for some people, taking their quizzes offline to edit them have resulted in inconviniences.

So, do I drop a note to my editor announcing that I'll edit, then re-submit my quiz to make life easier for all? I don't want to inconvenience someone by mailing a laundry list of pesky little typos to fix. blush

#635388 - Mon Jun 20 2011 05:22 AM Re: Answer Statistics
ozzz2002 Online   FT-cool

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia
Small changes are fine without needing to go through the edit process. Major changes, though, will need to be discussed with an editor for that category.

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#635389 - Mon Jun 20 2011 05:28 AM Re: Answer Statistics
looney_tunes Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia
If the change you want to make is superficial, such as fixing a typo, you can just do it. However, if you plan to do anything more than remove a comma or such, you should take it offline and resubmit it after correction. If you let your editor know exactly what you have changed, it will help them check it and put it back online more quickly.

For future quizzes, I strongly recommend that you check your quiz in the preview mode before putting it online. That gives you a chance to see it as it will appear to players, and helps you pick up quite different issues than the ones you see in the editing mode (especially things like extra spaces and returns).

Editors don't generally mind laundry lists of small changes, they're better than getting that many correction notes to check one after the other!

#635394 - Mon Jun 20 2011 06:12 AM Re: Answer Statistics
Snowman Offline
Prolific

Loc: London England UK            
Originally Posted By: SonnyLinks

After taking my own, I see how true this is. I've read that for some people, taking their quizzes offline to edit them have resulted in inconviniences.

So, do I drop a note to my editor announcing that I'll edit, then re-submit my quiz to make life easier for all? I don't want to inconvenience someone by mailing a laundry list of pesky little typos to fix. blush

I would recommend playing your quiz and sending a correction note on any questions that you think need changing. Then when you make the changes (without taking the quiz offline), an editor can fully audit what the changes were and OK them or come back to you with further questions and/or amends.

It's nearly always best to leave a quiz online rather than take it offline. Please contact an editor first if you feel the latter option is necessary. They can then advise you as to the best way to proceed.

#635405 - Mon Jun 20 2011 07:47 AM Re: Answer Statistics
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
There's another benefit to sending yourself a correction note.

Correction notes come through attached to the quiz, whilst a direct note to an editor may not be, necessitating a search for the quiz in need of changes. Moreover, a correction note can be seen by any editor in the category, a direct note might languish in a vacationing editor's in box for some time before being seen.

(Editor - Movies, Geography, Crosswords)

#635406 - Mon Jun 20 2011 07:52 AM Re: Answer Statistics
SonnyLinks Offline
Learning the ropes...

Thanks everyone, for the advice. I'm still kind of feeling my way around FunTrivia but am a fast learner.

Moderator:  agony