This is the seventeenth "High Noon" shootout game. Anybody can play this game because it is meant to generate interest in the "Shootout" game as well as for everybody to have fun with. Hopefully we will gain new players for the regular Shootout game.
Rules and Play:
Below are 10 multiple choice questions. Email me your answers before midnight (EST) Monday, Dec. 4th. The first person to answer question # 1 correctly will receive 50 points plus 5 points for every question he/she answered correctly. That player will be out of the rotation. Then the same thing will apply for question # 2, and so on until after question # 10. All players who didn't receive the 50 point bonus will receive 5 points for each correct answer. The scores will be posted in the "Shootout" game thread on Dec. 5th. Remember that this is a bonus game and you can gain more points by playing Shootout.
Since this game is multiple choice, try to answer the questions from your own knowledge and not by researching the internet. Anyway, if you take too long researching, others will get into rotation before you cutting down you chances of getting the 50 point bonus. Have fun and don't forget to email me your answers ASAP.
1. Besides being extremely salty, the Dead sea is unique in that it is:
A. The sea Moses parted.
B. Infested with sea snakes.
C. Earth's lowest point.
D. Not fed by any rivers.
2. The Aga Khan is the spiritual leader of a sect of:
3. Which famous literary work is not set primarily on an island?
A. The Tempest
B. Lord of the Flies
C. Billy Budd
D. Robinson Crusoe
E. Ten Little Indians
4. Bubonic plague is often carried by infected:
5. Some 300,000 Acadians, distant cousins ao Louisiana's Cajuns, reside here:
A. West Indies
D. Key West
E. Channel Islands
6. What is the main ingredient of mock turtle soup?
A. Iguana meat
B. Calf's head
C. Smoked sausage
E. Frog legs
7. If you caught a quahog at the seashore, what kind of creature would you have?
D. Baby shark
8. After a 36 year layoff, George Burns made his big screen return in:
A. Two of a Kind
B. Oh God
C. The Sunshine Boys
D. Going in Style
E. Just You and Me Kid
9. In biology, which is an example of an exogenous factor?
B. Genetic makeup
C. Body chemistry
10. Where are the pineal and pituitary glands located?
A. Base of the brain
B. In the throat
C. Behind the torso
D. Under the abdomen
E. In the pelvis
Well players, there you have it. Email your answers to me ASAP.
You may post in this thread questions or comments about this game or Shootout.
[This message has been edited by Sagebrush (edited 12-05-2000).]