Rules
Terms of Use

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#63962 - Fri Dec 15 2000 01:32 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 50 - Snake Charmers !!
Anonymous
No longer registered

This weekīs game has turned into one big load of bull!
My challenge was valid and everyone (or at least Karma) knows it, and Chelseabelleīs defense would have been good had it not been Auschic she was defending. Of all people in this game, Aus obviously knows all the best reference websites (which Iīm sure listed plenty of I-entries) or else she wouldnīt be kicking our asses! I donīt know why Sypher chose to include "there are no entries for I, X..." in the rules when obviously there are. That was toying with the worm can from the beginning, and it should have been deleted/amended when it was obvious that entries for those letters did in fact exist. (Gee...I donīt like this letter so Iīm going to go with the previous one. No wait, that one doesnīt suit me either. Hey, can I just pick any letter from the entry and work off that one?). And, whatīs up with fixing posts due to typos? Sorry, but players should be more careful when posting their entries. Donīt even get me started on the -snake rule either, or the double names at the end...those just donīt make any sense. I mean, wouldnīt the last letter be the same anyway?

Itīs not how you win or lose, itīs how you play the game.
Letīs play this game right, people! īNuff said.

#63963 - Fri Dec 15 2000 02:11 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 50 - Snake Charmers !!
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: New York USA
Fortunata, if you felt that strongly about the I and X omissions, why didn't you insist that Sypher change that rule on Tuesday? Why keep complaining about it now? It wasn't a grey area, and Auschic wasn't even bending the rules with this one--she did exactly what Sypher said to do. But, if Auschic had been really smart, she would have checked out all the "I's"--she could have found some that were much longer than the entry she wound up posting. I know, because I've been hoping to get an "I" all week. Just because someone takes the next to last letter--per Sypher's rules--does not automatically mean they have gained some sort of advantage. I think Auschic could have done much better with an "I"

As for correcting typos--as far back as I can remember we have been allowed to correct typos, or add information in an additional post, as
long as we do it immediately. We can't edit, and mistakes happen, or omissions are made. There is no harm done by immediately correcting an inadvertent error. Some people this week forgot to include a country and added it immediately with a second post. There is no harm in this.

I think that this week's game has gone rather smoothly. I sort of miss the old fireworks

#63964 - Fri Dec 15 2000 02:17 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 50 - Snake Charmers !!
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Sypher--Should Pinhead's entire entry have been invalid? To be really consistent with the scoring of some other entries, shouldn't Pinhead get credit for the first three words of her entry?

#63965 - Fri Dec 15 2000 11:19 PM Re: Snake Talk - Game 50 - Snake Charmers !!
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

I question the last word of Mamaja's entry.
After a week of doing this, I have yet to find a snake that has more than three words ( other than the possible abbreviation var.) in it's Latin name.

#63966 - Sat Dec 16 2000 12:07 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 50 - Snake Charmers !!
CellarDoor Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Seattle
Washington USA
Sypher, a general question about Snake. Players get the remainder of the day to make up their posts, should they miss their time slot. Would it be possible to make this the next 24-hour period, rather than the same EST calendar day? See (to use myself as an example, though I'm sure others have similar problems) if I happen to miss my 11:30 pm time slot, I'm screwed. There is no rest of the day. So if I could post in an empty time slot up until 11:30 the next day, and say in my entry "This is the make-up for Day #3 or whatever", would that be fair? I realize that may make the scoring more complicated, but I think it would be more fair to everyone, especially afternoon posters, this way.

#63967 - Sat Dec 16 2000 08:55 AM Re: Snake Talk - Game 50 - Snake Charmers !!
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
If you can announce if before the end of the day, then sure. You do qualify to be an exception since there is no rest of the day...

------------------
Heaven helps Angels, but the Devil get's the best jobs !!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ozzz2002