Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#70557 - Mon May 13 2002 10:42 AM Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I have spent the best part of the last twenty years trying to get this song out of my head. Guess what was on the radio this morning and I absentmindedly found myself singing along to it? yep, you guessed it ... Agadoo. [Eek!]

Do you know the one?

"Agadoo doo doo, push pineapple, shake the tree, Agado do do push pineapple, grind coffee, to the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees .... "

Can you remember any others like this? The other one that springs to mind is that "Mr Blobby Blobby Blobby" song from the early '90's.

I just hope that it doesn't take twenty years to get Agadoo out of my head again. [Frown] [Big Grin]

#70558 - Mon May 13 2002 10:48 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
aballinshadow Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Canada
All I can say is that, here in Quebec, the "Agadoo" song has been translated in French and released as a single some years ago.
Edited by aballinshadow (Fri Mar 25 2005 04:52 PM)

#70559 - Mon May 13 2002 11:34 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Copago, are you trying to start an epidemic? Now you have me singing it, too..

How about that other novelty song 'Shaddap your face', by Joe Dolce- that one annoys me SO much!

Sing along now..

"Whattsa matta for you, OI,
gotta no respect... "

Also the 'Hamster dance' drives me crazy [Smile] It is usually a precursor to 'They're coming to take me away, haha'.

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#70560 - Mon May 13 2002 12:12 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
tazzly Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Northern California
Oh geez, the one song I remember that I literally hear like twice but still sing it's stupid little phase is..."She Bop" by Cindy Lauper

Ozzz....there coming to take me away hoho, hehe, haha, to the funny farm, where life it beautiful all the time....... [Big Grin] [Eek!]

#70561 - Mon May 13 2002 10:37 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
tanzen Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Melbourne
VIC Australia
that Denis Leary song "A**hole" - that got annoying after about the 50000th time!!

#70562 - Mon May 13 2002 10:49 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
lefois Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kitimat BC 
Canada
I LOVE A**hole! What I tire of is, "Don't Worry, Be Happy!" ...that one really was overplayed!

#70563 - Tue May 14 2002 03:07 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
georgeprice Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London England UK      
I just have to agree with ozzz and say "Shud upa ya face" by Joe Dolce. Was he Australian?

The most annoying thing about that song in the UK was that it kept a decent song - "Vienna" by Ultravox off of the number 1 spot.

When we were away in Norfolk we stayed in a place where there was organised entertainment for the kids. The song that always stuck in my mind wqas "I am the Music Man". This is how it goes:

"Iam the Music Man I come from down your way and I can play."

"What can you play?"

"Ican play the piano. Pia pia piano, piano, piano.....etc".

The kids all love it, the parents groan and everyone else is left singing it all night.

#70564 - Tue May 14 2002 07:19 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
allynellie Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ayrshire Scotland UK      
okay, here's my list:

Superman - Black Lace
Do the Conga - Black Lace
The Birdie Song - The Tweets
Dolce Vita - Ryan Paris
Una Paloma Blanca -I think Anita Harris or someone like that sang this song
Five Star songs

[Eek!] [Frown] [Eek!]

#70565 - Tue May 14 2002 07:35 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Vermic Offline
Participant

Loc: Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Greetings,

About the last list. 'The Birdie Song' was originally a song by a Dutch band called The Electronica's.

'Una Paloma Blanca' was a hit also for a Dutch band called The George Baker Selection. This Man, George Baker, his real name is Hans Bouwens, is also the one who wrote 'Little green back', a song that is used in several movies. Quentin Tarantino is a big fan of George Baker-songs.

Talkin about irritating songs:

Save your love for me - Renee & Renato
Iko iko - The Belle Stars
We can build this... - Starship
19 - Paul Hardcastle
Boys - Sabrina

The rest of the list is soon to follow

#70566 - Tue May 14 2002 08:52 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
georgeprice Offline
Mainstay

Loc: London England UK      
Allynellie - I hated Dolce Vita too!!!

Vermic - in the UK (where Allynellie and I are from) the Birdy Song was performed by the Tweets.

Also, allynellie, Una Paloma Blanca was performed in the UK by a not very nice man called Reg King aka Jonathan King - along with Everyone's Gone to the Moon and Could It Be Magic. He recorded under many aliases.

I also hate Hi Ho Silver Lining by Jeff Beck.

#70567 - Tue May 14 2002 11:28 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
allynellie Offline
Prolific

You know Amberg, I never really liked Jonathan King very much, especially when he did those 80's USA specials for 'Top of the Pops', but I did like his version of: 'It only takes a minute' - I have the original EP.

I do remember a female artist singing Una Paloma Blanca, but maybe it was one of those bank holiday or 'variety show' things.

Vermic, I detested that song: 'Save Your Love' - yeukh, what does that say that it got to number 1 in the UK !!!

Does anyone remember:
'Let's Go All The Way' by Sly Fox

Some of those football songs left a lot to be desired, didn't they?
Tottenham's song in 1982
I think Hoddle and Waddle did a song too - oh please !!!
Fog on the Tyne - Gazza and Lindisfarne

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

#70568 - Thu May 16 2002 11:44 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
Hoddle and Waddle's song was called Diamond Lights - you'll find they were called Glenn and Chris on the label (1987)
(Used Question many years ago - still remembered the title - haven't a clue how the song went)

Irritating songs - well - most of the commercial radio output in the UK. you don't have to hum it or sing it - it's played every 20 minutes just to remind you.

I do find myself singing greensleeves to myself quite often (telephone waiting tune) then can't get it out of my head.

#70569 - Fri May 17 2002 05:10 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
SuperFurryAnimal Offline
Prolific

Loc: Glasgow UK
"There's No-one Quite Like Grandma" by St Winifred's School Choir. Surely the work of Satan himself!

Is "La Dolce Vita" a novelty song? I think not!

#70570 - Sat May 18 2002 01:56 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
allynellie Offline
Prolific

Ok, I'll admit that 'Dolce Vita' just really got on my nerves!!! I don't seem to be the only one though.

How do we define novelty then, would that song 'Granddad' with Clive Dunn count?

I have to agree about the St Winifred's school choir song - it was awful. What do you think those kids are doing now? Do you think they put that on their CV's (hehehe)?

[Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

[ 05-18-2002, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: allynellie ]

#70571 - Mon May 20 2002 12:09 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
tanzen Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Melbourne
VIC Australia
Oops I did it again - Britney Spears

...anyone who tells me this is not a novelty song is a liar or misinformed. She's used the same music as "hit me baby one more time", changes the words and took a step up on her little sex-kitten ladder.

...when I heard it I giggled, when I saw the fil clip I fell off my chair laughing, but it's just been played too many times!!

#70572 - Mon May 20 2002 05:44 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
War_Wizard Offline
Prolific

Loc: Birmingham Alabama USA    
Oddly enough the song I can't stand the most is by a band that I love, Aerosmith.

The love song from Armageddon, (Don't wanna close my eyes) I can stay awake just to here you breathing, whatch you smile while you are sleeping....aaarrrggghhh

It's not a bad song just after hearing it four-hundred seventy three thousand nine hundred sixty four times, It wears a lttle thin...

I would turn over to the a country western station when the local "classic rock" station would say in our next set we'll play Aerosmith,
It couln't be Love in an Elevator, Toys in the attic, Mama kim, angel, movin out no no no of course not. Then come to find out Kenny Chesney did a country cover of that same %#*&^ song...

#70573 - Wed May 22 2002 02:26 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Arg!! Agadoo on AGAIN, twice in a little over a week!!! How can they do this to me??? I think the DJ now has it on top of the pile just to taunt me!

#70574 - Wed May 22 2002 03:06 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
tjoebigham Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fairhaven Massachusetts USA   
That idiotic "Fishheads" with its psuedo-Chipmunk chorus is one I hate! (I also loathe "MacArthur Park" by Richard Harris, and that's a [HA!] "straight" song!) Also I can't stand the worst polka in the world, that "chicken polka" they play for that INSANE Chicken Dance!!!! tjoeb};> [Mad] ARRRGGGHHH!

#70575 - Wed May 22 2002 03:22 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Now I will really get up your noses, Its a small, small world - if you visit Disney it drives your crazy [Smile]

#70576 - Fri May 24 2002 12:51 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
It's a small world is the most annoying song and if you watch the Lion King, Zazu is singing "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen" while emprisoned to do the bidding of Scar the evil brother of Mufasa, then Scar tells him to sing something that's not so sad, and he begins "It's a small world!"
Great scene.

Feelings it the most annoying song.

#70577 - Sat May 25 2002 04:33 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Well there's a new one here in France, the Bratislava Boys. It's a send up on those Eastern European countries and the rock and roll groups, but this time it's a boys band.
The guys who do it are on every morning for the teens so they already were known.
I don't think they're actually speaking any language but the one guy wears a blond curly wig and they all have sailor suits on.

The song gets stuck in your head and we can't get it out...

Wish I could show you what it sounds like..hold on..

#70578 - Sat May 25 2002 05:17 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
allynellie Offline
Prolific

Anyone remember 'The Chicken Song' by 'Spitting Image'?

At first I thought that it was really funny, but then it just got up my nose - just like the chicken! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

#70579 - Sat May 25 2002 07:02 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

"I just can't get you outta my head" Kylie Minogue!

#70580 - Sat May 25 2002 02:20 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
simpson-jjub Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
The songs that bug me are:

The Name Game (anna anna bobanna banana nanna fofanna, fee fi fo manna.......)

Oh, Mickey (you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Mickey)

I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing - Coca Cola commercial from years ago

To All the Girls I've Loved Before - Willie Nelson

After the Lovin' - Inglebert Humperdink
(whatever happened to him?) [Confused]

#70581 - Sat May 25 2002 10:10 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Dobrov Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Hradec Kralove Czech Republic
He's currently manager of a MacDonalds in Cardiff. HAHAHAA. No, just kidding. I have to say here that I always though 'Shaddupa you face' was kind of cute and had sort of a catchy little tune. But the single most irritating song in the world (except for Whitney's 'I Will Always Love You;, which is way through irritating and all the way to Musical Harassment) has got to be The Duck Dance. I'm not sure what the real title is, but it goes da da dada da da da, da da dada dada da, da da dada dada DA quack quack quack.

I'm afraid many many people worldwide feel an uncontrollable urge to do the duck dance any time they hear the duck dance song. I don't. fuj.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher