Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#70582 - Sun May 26 2002 12:17 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
I'm not sure which Duck dance it is, could I have possibly missed out? I know the French version.
I know an American version called "Disco Disco Duck"
But the French version is simply, "C'est la dance des canards c'est la danse des canards coin coin coin coin". You pronounce the latter the nasal way as that's the way they quack.
You have another type of quack for a false note in music called the "couac".

#70583 - Sun May 26 2002 01:35 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Dobrov Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Hradec Kralove Czech Republic
That's it! La Danse des Canards, I mean. I think Disco Duck was something else. It went: DIsco. DIsco DUCK... tumm tummy tum if I remember correctly. I had a job in a disco once for 3 weeks and they played it constantly. It wasn't the finest 3 weeks of my life, I'll tell you. However, in that disco no one did the Duck dance. Does anyone know where that song came from? It seems to be all over the place. It sounds a little James Last-y, which could mean it stems from Germany. Any guesses?

#70584 - Fri Sep 06 2002 01:33 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
makoto Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Brum
hi,allynellie new member makoto here ,one more to add to your list......do you remember keith harris and his duck orville?the song went like this,
i wish i could fly right up to the sky but i can't

#70585 - Sun Sep 08 2002 04:47 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
meshkenet Offline
Participant

Loc: South of the North Pole
A friend of mine plagued me with the most annoying song ever, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head for a few months. It's by a german "artist" called DJ Ötzi, amd the song is "Anton aus Tyrol".
Heard it was on the top ten in Europe a few years ago. I pity you if it ever played on the radio..
ich bin so schoeun, ich bin so toll, ich bin der Anton aus Tyrol, la la la la la la la...HELP!!!!

#70586 - Tue Mar 11 2003 09:21 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
youngandbitter Offline
Participant

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
A friend of mine downloaded 'Hole in my Shoe' (by Neil from The Young Ones). Is the novelty single purely a British thing?

#70587 - Tue Mar 11 2003 01:01 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Hello, welcome to the forums.
I think it might be just a British thing, but I for one, enjoyed that series when I lived there in the eighties. I've just confirmed with someone that that was indeed the one! I still remember Neil.
I'm sure we have someone who has the song here..
How annoying is this song?

#70588 - Tue Mar 11 2003 02:29 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
The song you refer to was a hit for D J Otzi in 2000. It's readily available on the net.

#70589 - Tue Mar 11 2003 02:52 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
silverginger Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: St. Meinrad Indiana USA      
Quote:

A friend of mine downloaded 'Hole in my Shoe' (by Neil from The Young Ones). Is the novelty single purely a British thing?

I still have a copy of that single somewhere! I even remember Nigel Planer performing it on Top of the Pops!

#70590 - Tue Mar 11 2003 03:23 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
This coming Friday is Comic Relief Day - One of the big charity events in the UK. One of the participants (single or group) will release a Comic Relieif Single and it will go to No.1 in the charts. Yes the one off single hit is a UK thing and long may it reign (the best seller being NO1- regardless of the quality or musical talent I hope that this years Comic Relief single makes No1 and adds a very large sum of money for the charity. (And I hope it's a One Hit Wonder adding to my question collection!)

#70591 - Wed Mar 12 2003 09:42 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Cahyay Offline
Explorer

Loc: Missouri USA 
At the oddest moments I will have lyrics from Monty Python's song about famous philosophers. "Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, I drink there for I am".

And the Oscar Mayer weiner song. Drives me batty.

#70592 - Thu Mar 13 2003 02:10 AM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

I'm always singing the Python's "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok" whenever I see a macho on television or...well, in my house let's say...never fails to break the tense atmosphere!

Sorry, you'll have to remind me of the Oscar Meyer one...go ahead I can take it!
I had the whistle though.

#70593 - Tue Mar 18 2003 05:51 PM Re: Agadoo do do and other annoying novelty songs
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
Sadly the Comic Releif song was a cover version - Gareth Gates - Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum if you remember the original, Doctor and the Medics if you remember the first cover) The Video with the Comic Releif song is superb featuring The Kumars a group of British comedians .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher