Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#74217 - Fri Dec 21 2001 06:53 PM Best Remixes?
Drewskidogg Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: San Francisco California USA 
When I say remixes, I don't mean somebody's cover of somebody else's song. I mean somebody's remake of one of their own songs. Here are a few remixes that I think are as good as or even better than the originals:

"I Got 5 On It (Bay Ballas Vocal Remix)"-The Luniz f/ Dru Down, Richie Rich, E-40, Shock G, Spice 1, and Michael Marshall (remix of "I Got 5 On It" by The Luniz)

"Bootylicious (Rockwilder Remix)"-Destiny's Child f/ Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott (remix of "Bootylicious" by Destiny's Child)

"In My Bed (So So Def Remix)"-Dru Hill f/ Jermaine Dupri and Da Brat (remix of "In My Bed" by Dru Hill)

"It Ain't My Fault II"-Silkk The Shocker f/ Mystikal (remix of "It Ain't My Fault" by Silkk The Shocker f/ Mystikal)

"You Know How We Do It (Remix)"-Ice Cube (remix of "You Know How We Do It" by Ice Cube)

"Put It On Me (Remix)"-Ja Rule f/ Vita and Lil' Mo (remix of "Put It On Me" by Ja Rule f/ Vita)

"Sons...I Got The Hook-Up (R&B)"-Sons Of Funk (remix of "I Got The Hook-Up!" by Master P f/ Sons Of Funk)

"MR. '99"-Silkk The Shocker (remix of "MR." by Silkk The Shocker

"The Ave. (Remix)"-Andre Nickatina (remix of "The Ave." by Dre Dog (he later changed his name to Andre Nickatina))

"Cherybananapumpkinpie"-Andre Nickatina (remix of "Crack Raider Razor" by Andre Nickatina)

"Live @ The Daiquiri Factory"-Andre Nickatina (remixes both "Mother" and "Fears Of A Coke Lord" by Andre Nickatina)

...that's all I can think of now. How about you guys?

#74218 - Sat Dec 22 2001 06:32 AM Re: Best Remixes?
SuperFurryAnimal Offline
Prolific

Loc: Glasgow UK
The big problem with this is that I could write a pretty huge list of fantastic remixes, but nobody here would recognise either the original artists or the remixers. It's a damn shame, but this ain't exactly House & Techno central!
So, no list!

#74219 - Sat Dec 22 2001 08:00 AM Re: Best Remixes?
littleowl1412 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Surrey England UK        
Hiya as a huuuge Mariah fan I have to recommend her remixes- even if you don't like the originals the remixes are pretty hot. She generally re-records the vocals specially, even singing new lyrics or mixing it with an old song. my recommendations include:

Honey -by David Morales- becomes a soaring house number
I Still Believe/Pure Imagination
My All/Stay a Little While Child
Always be My Baby/tell Me If You still care feat. xscape
Fantasy (Daydream Interlude)
Fly away( Butterfly reprise)

I've recorded a whole tape of them from the singles- a lot of fans want a remix CD released as an album in its own right!!

Toni braxton's Unbreak My Heart sounded pretty fine as a dance number too!

Merry Christmas!!

#74220 - Tue Dec 25 2001 08:08 AM Re: Best Remixes?
aaroncarterluver Offline
Participant

Loc: usa
im real has a cool remix with jennifer lopez and ja rule

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher