Rules
Terms of Use

Page 31 of 31 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31
Topic Options
#1295701 - Thu Sep 09 2021 08:26 PM Re: Coronavirus Life
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
It's an infringement on your freedom to make you wear shoes in the supermarket, too, but people follow that rule.

#1295702 - Thu Sep 09 2021 11:25 PM Re: Coronavirus Life
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
And all these people screaming about how being mandated to wear a mask or mandates to get the Covid vaccine to work in certain places or to attend schools are infringements on their "freedom" have already received multiple vaccinations in their life!

A person cannot attend any school, college, university, serve in the military, teach, or travel abroad without getting vaccinated! CNN has a new ad. First screen: Know anyone with polio? Second screen: or smallpox? Third: Vaccines work.

As for the "masks don't work" crowd, I wonder how they would feel the next time they get dental work or surgery and no one is wearing a mask that is working on them.

#1295819 - Sun Sep 12 2021 03:32 PM Re: Coronavirus Life
agony Offline

Administrator

My tests came back negative, so yay. And since today is my son's birthday, I bought a cake and brought it over to his place, then sat on the back steps of his apartment building and we had a visit through the window - his apartment is right next to the back door of the building. I also brought him some groceries.

So that's all great. Until I get home and realize that I had gone to the library, the bakery, the butcher, and the supermarket, all with my shirt on inside out. Jeez, five days isolated at home, and I completely forget how to be a person....

#1295848 - Mon Sep 13 2021 02:02 AM Re: Coronavirus Life
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
lol

#1295856 - Mon Sep 13 2021 05:24 AM Re: Coronavirus Life
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK
Quote:
realize that I had gone to the library, the bakery, the butcher, and the supermarket, all with my shirt on inside out

Many years ago, when I was much younger, I managed to go to work wearing one navy shoe and one black shoe which weren't even of the same design. It was too far to go home and change and I was very aware of it all day. I'm not sure if anyone noticed and was too polite to say anything or whether nobody looked at my feet! I didn't even have the excuses of age (which I do now) or coronavirus!

#1295862 - Mon Sep 13 2021 07:27 AM Re: Coronavirus Life
LadyNym Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia USA
It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was on the bus, heading home from the grocery store, when a lady turned to me and told me I was wearing my t-shirt inside out. I generally pay attention to these details when I get dressed to go out, but apparently that time I'd forgotten to check laugh.

#1295864 - Mon Sep 13 2021 08:18 AM Re: Coronavirus Life
flopsymopsy Offline

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
I was brought up to believe that mixed colour footwear was a sign of great intelligence. My father worked at a top secret government agency with some of the UK's top scientists and while he never commented on his work he would sometimes say "my boss might have the world's biggest brain but he never knows when he's got odd socks on". So don't blame Covid but think of it as a sign. grin

#1296160 - Sun Sep 19 2021 04:12 PM Re: Coronavirus Life
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
We are to have a booster jab, six months after the second dose of vaccine.

#1296206 - Mon Sep 20 2021 11:07 AM Re: Coronavirus Life
agony Offline

Administrator

They're still thinking about boosters here, probably will go for it eventually.

So, after our provincial government saying "No, no, everything is fine, we won't be going for vax passports and there's no problem here" for the last couple of months, they have finally admitted that we have the worst numbers in Canada (again) and instituted a kinda sorta vax passport system (but don't call it that!). I've now got my little card printed out and that means I can go to the pool and to yoga, and to restaurants, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Once again the provincial gov't have succeeded in angering the part of the population that is taking covid seriously and is behind reasonably tough measures to combat it, by opening up too much too soon and then waiting too long to admit that was a mistake, AND angering the part of the population that thinks it's all an overblown hoax by instituting the moderate measures they have just now come up with. I wouldn't have supported these guys in any case as I'm ideologically opposed, but I must admit I'm surprised at how incompetent they have turned out to be. Not just incompetent in real terms, but politically incompetent - they just keep shooting themselves in the foot and doing the thing that looks bad, consistently. I thought they'd be smarter than this.

Voters tend to have short memories though, and this party is historically very very popular here, so they might be able to survive it all anyway - there's no election likely for at least a year and a half.

#1296231 - Tue Sep 21 2021 04:42 AM Re: Coronavirus Life
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
They starter our boosters this week, over 80s, hen next week the over 70s can start having them, provided it is six months clear which means that I cannot have mine until 10th October at the earliest. I want it then so that I can be fully protected before I travel in early November.

We were issued with a nice posh printed certificate to give details of our vaccination history, plus the card with the dates of each vaccination.

Page 31 of 31 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943