Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
Words for Kids
Yes. "Quiz" is the noun in the sentence.
|There are many different parts of speech.
Does the above sentence contain an adjective? ||Grammar for Kids
Yes. "Different" is the adjective in the sentence. Remember adjectives describe nouns.
|Sam runs quickly to the store.
Which word is the adverb in the above sentence?||Grammar for Kids
quickly. An adverb is a word which describes a verb, adjective or another adverb.
|John ran a short distance.
Which word is the verb in the above sentence?||Grammar for Kids
ran. A verb is a word that is used to indicate action.
|Hurray! we won the contest.
Which word is the interjection in the above sentence?||Grammar for Kids
Hurray. An interjection is a word added to a sentence to convey emotion.
fib. A noun is a person, place or thing.
|She showed much patience.
Which word is the adjective in the above sentence?||Grammar for Kids
much. An adjective describes a noun or a pronoun.
|One and three make four.
Which word is the conjunction in the above sentence?||Grammar for Kids
and. A conjunction is used to connect all elements in a sentence.
|He returned after a year.
Which word is the preposition in the above sentence?||Grammar for Kids
after. A preposition links nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in a sentence.
|All of the girls hid themselves.
Which word is the pronoun in the above sentence?||Grammar for Kids
themselves. A pronoun is a word which takes the place of a noun.
3. Be-gin-ner. That is the level of this quiz and I hope you didn't find it too hard!
4. Rev-o-lut-ion. One word with four syllables, that was supposed to be an easy one!
4. Dave went to town. You go to town to do shopping and maybe watch a movie.
8. Go out and get some ex-er-cise. You need exercise to keep healthy - even walking counts as exercise!
6. Op-en your birth-day card. You get birthday cards from friends and family on your birthday.
4. Let's play soc-cer. Soccer is the sport where you have to kick the ball in the back of the net, pass the ball and score goals.
9. Matth-ew went to the fish and chip shop. Fish and chip shops are more common in England.
6. Spa-ghet-ti Bol-og-nese. Spaghetti Bolognese is spaghetti in a meaty tomato sauce.
7. Fun-Triv-i-a is awe-some. FunTrivia is the website you are playing on.
5. Dry roast-ed pea-nuts. Dry roasted peanuts are a type of peanut with a mild spicy flavour.