Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 20 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
both of these. You cannot pick up the discard pile with a black three up. You cannot pick up the pile if a 2 or joker is up, but after a discard is thrown, you may pick up a "frozen" pile if you have two or more of that rank in your hand.
Yes. Black threes can only be melded if they are the last cards you play and you must have three of the four to meld them.
|How many cards is each person dealt in a standard 4-player game?||Canasta Crazy
11. Each player gets 11 cards to start, but can always have more than that.
7. Seven of a kind makes a canasta, but no more than three wilds are allowed per number melded.
|How many points must a team meld when they have over 3,000 points?||Canasta Crazy
120. 15 is required when a score is negative. Fifty is required with scores between 0 and 1,495. Ninety is required for scores of 1,500 to 2,995, and 120 is required for scores above 3,000.
|How many decks of cards are used in a classic game of canasta?||Canasta Crazy
2 . In most cases, two decks are used to play, but there can be more used if more people play.
2. There are red (all original) and black (with wilds) canastas. Reds are 500 points and blacks 300.
100. Each red three is worth 100, but if you get all four, then it is 800 points.
5,000. Canasta is played to 5,000 points, with the highest score winning if both sides are above 5,000.
|What name is given to a wild card canasta?||Canasta
Bolivia. A bolivia is a wild card canasta comprising jokers and 2s. A samba or sequence canasta is used in both the Samba and Bolivian variants.
|The number of cards dealt to each player/team depends on which variant is being played. How many cards are dealt in the Bolivia variant when 3 players are playing?||Canasta
13. Each player receives 13 cards at the commencement of Bolivia (3 players),
15 cards (2 players) and 11 cards (4 players and above).
|Which of the options listed is a variation of Canasta?||Canasta
Hand and Foot. Hand and Foot was born in the 1970's and has many rules differing from most variations of the game. Typically played by 2 teams of 2 players, the number of decks used is normally 1 more than the number of players although there are variations to this.
|In Bolivia, how many points must a team/individual score to win the game?||Canasta
15,000. Classic Canasta is played to 5,000 and Samba to 10,000. There are several different variations of Canasta which require differing point scores to win the game.
|How many canastas must a team or individual have to go out in the Bolivia and Samba variations?||Canasta
2. To go out in Bolivia or Samba each team/individual must have at least 2 canastas and one of these must be a sequence canasta.
|How many decks are used in the Bolivian variation of Canasta?||Canasta
3. Three decks with Jokers are used in Bolivia totaling 162 cards. There is also samba with 3 decks and Chilean Canasta with 3 or 4 decks.
|All cards carry a point value. What is the point value of a Joker?||Canasta
50. Jokers are worth 50 points, 4-7 5 points, 8-king 10 points and aces and 2s 20 points. Red 3s are worth 100 points each, if all 4 are held the point value is doubled in classic, if all 6 are held a bonus 400 points is added in the Bolivian variation. Black 3s have a point value of 5 and cannot be melded unless an individual or team is going out but, they can be used to freeze the discard pile. Any red 3s left in hand carry a penalty value of 100 points.
|In the Bolivian variation, cards are melded in the same way as the classic game. What types of meld are additionally used in Bolivia that are not used in the classic game? ||Canasta
Wild card and Sequence.. A wild card canasta, (a bolivia), consists of Jokers and 2s and scores 2,500 points. A sequence canasta consists of sequential cards (e.g.: 4-10 all same suit) and scores 1,500 points. A natural canasta consists of 7 cards of the same rank and scores 500 points and an unnatural canasta consists of a mixture of cards of the same rank and wild cards, scoring 300 points.
|Canasta reached the United States in 1948 and the 'Rules' were published in a book by Ottilie H Reilly in 1949. What is the title of this book?||Canasta
Argentine Rummy. There are many variations of rules for Canasta depending on which variant you are playing. Classic Canasta uses 2 decks of cards, with jokers, whereas the Bolivian variant uses 3 decks and requires teams to meld at least 1 sequence canasta (e.g. 4-10) to go out.
|The game of Canasta was invented by Segundo Santos and Alberto Serrato in 1939.
In what country did the game originate?||Canasta
Uruguay. Canasta, a member of the rummy family of games, is designed for 2-6 players but most commonly played by 4 players with partners sitting opposite each other.