Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 30 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
Bill Goldberg . Goldberg later became a famous professional wrestler, and won the WCW title. He also was a standout player for the University of Georgia, and a member of the Falcons earlier in his career.
Seattle Seahawks. Kasay was the Panther player from their original roster, who was on the team the longest through 2002.
|Who was the first player selected by the Panthers in the expansion draft, that allocated them their players in 1995?||Carolina Panthers History
Rod Smith. Rod Smith was a cornerback and former Notre Dame standout, and retired after several more productive seasons.
Michigan State University. This former Spartan also led the NFC in receptions, before becoming more injury prone later in his career.
Jerry Richardson. Mr. Richardson was also a former player in the NFL for the Baltimore Colts, making him the first majority owner, who was also a former player in the league.
Clemson, SC. They moved to Charlotte after their stadium was completed in the offseason of 1995.
|What team did the Panthers defeat, to win their first game in the regular season, in their first season of 1995?||Carolina Panthers History
New York Jets. The game was a defensive slugfest and was won in Clemson, after Sam Mills returned an interception for a touchdown, to seal the deal in a 21 - 16 game, which marked the beginning of the end for Rich Kotite as the head coach of the Jets.
Montclair State. Mills has a statue located outside Ericcson Stadium.
Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons won the "Battle of I-85" and created a new rivalry.
|Who scored the first ever regular season touchdown for the Panthers during their inaugural 1995 campaign?||Carolina Panthers History
Pete Metzelaars. It was a TD reception in the Georgiadome, during a game Carolina eventually lost 20 to 17 on September 3, 1995.
13. Shayne Graham was called in to replace John Kasay, after Kasay was injured.
0. Chris Wienke never really lived up to the hopes of becoming a starting quarterback for the Panthers, and had a terrible 2002 season.
Mike Minter . Mike Minter was the defensive star in the Vikings' game. collecting three interceptions, in which one of them was called off.
2630. Rodney Peete had the best ever season to that point in his career in 2002, when he joined the Panthers.
63. Mushin Muhammed was injured for three weeks, and the young Steve Smith filled his shoes pretty well.
0. DeShaun Foster was expected to be the elite running back for the Panthers, but never started a regular season game due to injuries.
Mark Fields . Mark Fields was signed in the 2001 offseason and made his presense felt in 2002.
12. Julius Peppers was named the defensive rookie of the year, even when he missed the last four games.
Green Bay Packers. Carolina almost made the game go into overtime, but Shayne Graham missed the tying field goal.
737. Lamar Smith probably would have went over a thousand yards if he had played all the games.
Won 7 Lost 9. The Panthers ended up with a 7-9 record. They finished two games behind the 9-7 Buccaneers who won the NFC South.
Jon Beason. Jon had 140 total tackles in 2007. Beason was a rookie linebacker.
17 points. The Panthers won 31-14 vs the San Francisco 49ers in Week 13.
Richard Marshall. Richard Marshall was a cornerback and returned a 73-yard interception for a touchdown.
38. He was the fastest member of the Carolina Panthers in 2007. He caught 517 yards worth. 2007 was his third and final season.
Yes. Panthers Steve Smith had 1002 yards, even though only having his main QB for three games.
Chris Harris. In second place was Charles Tillman of the Bears with only 4 forced fumbles.
553. 553 yards was Christian Fauria, Jeff King, and Dante Rosario combined.
Christian had 39 yards, Dante had 108 yards, and Jeff had 406 yards.
No. The closest to 1000 was DeShaun Foster with 876 yards.
|What 40+ year old quarterback did the Panthers sign in 2007 to fill in for Jake Delhomme?||Carolina Panthers 2007
Vinny Testaverde. Vinny started in week 5 the Panthers at Cardinals, and won the game 25-10.