Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 10 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
|In what year was Kirby named MVP of the All-Star Game? (Clue: The game was played at Camden Yards)||Kirby Puckett
1993. Kirby earned Most Valuable Player honors with a home run off Terry Mulholland and an RBI double.
|What offensive statistic did Kirby lead the American League in the strike-shortened 1994 season?||Kirby Puckett
Runs batted in. Kirby had accumulated 112 RBI's in only 108 games that season.
Eye problems. Kirby was forced to retire due to irreversible damage to retina in right eye, July 12, 1996.
|What was Kirby's highest home run total for a single season?||Kirby Puckett
31. Kirby hit 31 homers in 1986 along with 96 RBI's and a .328 batting average.
|How many 200+ hit seasons did Kirby have in his career?||Kirby Puckett
5. 1986 to 1989, and 1992. His highest hit total was 234 in 1988.
|Who gave up Kirby's extra-inning and game-winning home run in Game 6 of the 1991 World Series?||Kirby Puckett
Charlie Leibrandt. Left-hander Charlie Leibrandt gave up that home run that extended series to Game 7 which Minnesota went on to win and take the series.
|On August 1, 1986, Kirby accomplished a rare feat that does not go without notice, what was it?||Kirby Puckett
Hit for the cycle. He had a single, double, triple, and home run in that game.
2. He won them in 1987 and 1991.
Chicago. Kirby was born and raised in a lower-class neighborhood on the south side of Chicago, IL.
|What number(which happens to be retired by Minnesota) did Kirby wear?||Kirby Puckett
34. Kirby's 34 was the fifth number retired by the Minnesota Twins. Tony Oliva's 6, Rod Carew's 29, Harmon Killebrew's 3, and Kent Hrbek's 14 were retired before his.