Special Sub-Topic: Shirt Numbers
|We all remember Eric Cantona's upturned collar, but what was the number on the shirt of this infamous genius?|
7. Eric has spent much of his time acting since leaving the game, but has also found time to play for France's beach football team.
|What number did the late great Bobby Moore have on his back when he lifted the Jules Rimet trophy in 1966?|
6. Bobby Moore died of cancer aged 59, his memory lives on through football fans throughout the country.
|When Dennis Bergkamp was at the top of world football in the late 1990s and early 2000s, what number donned his back?|
10. The Dutch striker has a phobia of traveling by plane, and often has to leave for European games a couple of days before his Arsenal team-mates for crucial away ties.
|Many of us will remember the antics and tears of Paul Gascoigne during England's world cup campaign of 1990, but who can remember the number of the shirt he wore for the tournament?|
19. Gazza sights his finest moment as scoring against the Scots in Euro 2000, all but ending the hopes of England's bitterest rivals.
|Diego Maradonna took the world by storm in the 1986 world cup in Mexico; what number did he wear?|
10. Maradonna has seen his share of ups and downs, but was recently voted the greatest player ever in a fan vote. Unfortunately, the vote was deemed biased because 80% of those cast were from his home country of Argentina.
|I'm sure many can remember the wonder goal by Ryan Giggs against Arsenal in the 1999 FA cup semi final, but what was the number of the shirt he ripped off in celebration?|
11. The Welsh Wizard has played for both England and Wales during his illustrious career, having played for England schoolboys when he was just 15 years old.
|Gianfranco Zola had been a mainstay at Stamford Bridge for many years, although in the past his shirt number had done little to reflect his squad status. Which of these has he worn?|
25. Gianfranco has been voted Chelsea fans player of the season on 3 seperate occasions. He continues to scare Premiership defences nationwide.
|Gary Lineker was the top scorer of the 1986 world cup, but what number did he wear?|
10. Lineker held the remarkable achievement of never being booked in his professional career, despite playing at the top level for a club and country for approximately 8 years.
|Michael Owen was one of England's stars in the 1998 World cup, what number did he wear while tearing apart the world's best defences?|
20. Michael Owen finished 3rd in the European player of the year competition in 2001, thanks to his assistance in bringing Liverpool to an historic treble, and scoring at will for England in world cup qualifying.
|Alan Shearer, the highest scoring player in the first 10 seasons of the Premiership, played for Southampton, Blackburn Rovers, and Newcastle United. What number did he wear with each?|
9. Shearer had one of the best records of any striker since the premiership kicked off in 1992.
Did you find these entries particularly interesting, or do you have comments / corrections to make? Let the author know!
Send the author a thank you or
Submit a correction