FunTrivia Help Center
What question submissions are accepted?
Questions are accepted if they are well formed and at least somewhat interesting.|
A question is well formed if it:
1. Uses correct spelling and grammar. U.S. English or British English are acceptable -- just be consistent.
A question is at least somewhat interesting if it:
2. Contains 1 to 3 sentences of interesting information. This information should be related to the question/answer and add some new interesting information.
3. Question is concise, yet provides all information required to answer it.
4. Answer and interesting information is accurate and will remain accurate in the future (see the discussion on "Time Dependency" in the Quiz Author Section). The answer to "Who is the President of the USA?" will not be accurate a few years from now.
5. The question is new, and has not been asked by another player in the past.
Fascinates, teaches, surprises, brings back memories, or entertains. An interesting question makes a player say "Wow, I didn't know that!", or "Yes, I know the answer to that!", or "I should know that. I learned it in school years ago!"
An uninteresting question makes players (and our editors!) say "so what?" or "who cares?" or "why waste my time asking me this?".
Whether a question is somewhat interesting or not is a subjective call on the part of our editors. When you form a question ask yourself the following:
"If I asked this question of 10 random people around the world, would they think that it's at all interesting, or would they start to yawn?"
Examples of somewhat interesting questions:
- What brand of chocolates was named after a legendary naked lady who rode on a horse?
- Most of us have heard that Henry the VIII had six wives. How many did he actually have put to death?
- All stars are classified by their component elements and density. What kind of star is our Sun?
- In the development of the Compact Disc, the goal of a 74 minute capacity was intended to be enough to fit the entirety of what composition by Beethoven?
- What is the name of the island chain that stretches across the top of the Pacific Ocean from southwestern Alaska to Russia?
- Which of these wonders of the ancient world did European Crusaders disassemble?
- Which country did Sukarno help lead to independence in 1945, becoming its first President?
- Chocolate is one of the world's most beloved flavors. Can you guess which country produces almost half of the world supply of cocoa?
Examples of mostly uninteresting questions:
- In "Auf Wiedersehen Pet", what is Oz's first name?
- Who won the second series of "Britain's Got Talent"?
- Who finished top of the Barclays Premier League for the 2008-09 season?
- In "Prison Break", who was sent to the electric chair at the end of season four?
- In the "SpongeBob Squarepants" episode "Squid's Visit", what did SpongeBob borrow from Squidward?
As you can probably see above, interesting questions on Sports and Television are the most difficult to write, because they tend to deal with minutia and with specific topics that many people around the world have no interest in. Please try to be particularly careful with these topics, and try to write questions that are of interest to a global audience.