Some sample questions from this category:
* When Caesar 'visited' Britain in 55 BC , he probably only wanted to teach the Celtic Tribes a lesson rather than to occupy the whole island. How long did he stay ?
* One of the fighting-techniques of the Romans was the 'testudo' (tortoise-technique).What did it come down to ?
* To understand the reports on the Roman explorations of South-East Britain, it helps to have in mind some of the names of important settlements. Which of the following Roman names of Kentish places refers to the present-day town of Dover?
* When in 43 AD the Emperor Claudius decided on a a more comprehensive invasion of Britain, he had various reasons for that enterprise. Which of these played NO role at all ?
* Claudius had been born in Lugdunum in Gallia (10 BC), not in Rome. What modern French town developed out of Lugdunum?