Some sample questions from this category:
* Which Welsh castle was built from 1283 onwards by Edward I, to defend the newly conquered region against local uprisings, and was supposedly the birthplace of the first (English) Prince of Wales?
* Edward I built an 'iron ring' of castles round Snowdonia, in North Wales, designed to keep control of the area firmly in English hands. Which of these castles does NOT form part of this 'iron ring'?
* Harlech Castle is one of the most famous in Wales, thanks to its beauty and impressive defences. Which of these defensive features is NOT part of Harlech Castle?
* What name is given to the 'saw-toothed' walls on top of castle towers and walkways, built to protect soldiers from attack by arrows?
* Caerphilly Castle, in South Wales, was built by the powerful lord Gilbert de Clare. There are several concentric walls as well as an inner and outer moat, which made it almost impossible to enter. During which century was construction begun?