Some sample questions from this category:
* The entire play takes place in the drawing room of the Tesman's home, which is dominated by a large portrait of General Gabler. What was his relationship to Hedda?
* During what season does the play take place?
* At the beginning of Act II, Hedda is called upon by Judge Brack, a friend of hers who had arranged the purchase of the villa in which she and George now live. In what extraordinary way does she greet him upon his arrival?
* During her conversation with Judge Brack, Hedda offers numerous reasons for her marriage to the tedious and conventional Tesman. Which of these is NOT a reason she offers for accepting his proposal?
* Lovborg recalls that at the end of their relationship, Hedda had threatened to shoot him. What reason does she give for her failure to do so?