Some sample questions from this category:
* At the height of his popularity, Jeffers was most famous for his novel-length verse narratives. The publication of "Thurso's Landing" occasioned which major magazine to feature Jeffers on its cover?
* Jeffers was loved for his beautiful descriptions of nature. The following lines open which famous poem?
"The ebb slips from the rock, the sunken
Tide-rocks lift streaming shoulders
Out of the slack, the slow west
Sombering its torch"
* Jeffers died on January 20 1962. Which is the best statement of the state of his poetic reputation at that time?
* One of the reasons Jeffers lost his high reputation was that he held highly unpopular political opinions. Which quote from "Shine, Perishing Republic" shows his opinion of America between the World Wars?
* "The Bed by the Window" is frequently included in anthologies of American poems. What about the bed made it interesting for Jeffers to write about?