Some sample questions from this category:
* "The name she gave was Caroline
daughter of a miner
her ways were free
it seemed to me
Fill in the missing lyric from "Tecumseh Valley".
* "Living on the road my friend
Was gonna keep you free and clean
Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as _________"
Fill in the correct word, from this most well known of his songs.
* "Mr. Gator he's a-slidin' down the bayou
Mr. Buzzard he's a-glidin' through the air
Mr. Turtle he's a-hittin' the highway
But I ain't goin' nowhere"
In which song can you hear these lyrics?
* So, about that Steve Earle quote...
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on ________ coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that."
Whose coffee table is Steve planning to get bootmarks all over?
* After years of traveling and playing small clubs and bars, the legendary Texan singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt seemed to hit the big time when he played one of the USA's top concert venues. Which one was it?