Some sample questions from this category:
* In which cathedral city was Johnson born on September 18, 1709?
* As a 2-year-old child Johnson was brought to London to be touched by the monarch, in the hope that the touch would cure him of scrofula. Who was the monarch?
* Johnson's college days were cut short by poverty, and he left without taking a degree. Which university did he attend?
* After an unsuccessful spell as a schoolmaster, Johnson left Lichfield for London. He was accompanied by a former pupil, who made a name for himself in the theatre. Who was this companion?
* One of Johnson's first literary works was the satirical poem entitled 'London'. It is based on a satire about Rome by which Roman poet?