TV Quiz Creation Notes Trivia and Quizzes
|The Quiz Creation Guidelines (see link below) apply to all quizzes on this site.|
What follows are the *minimum* of what is required for a quiz in the Television category:
1. Fill in the blank answers may not, when spelled correctly, contain punctuation. You also cannot ask for colors or Anime names/words as fill in the blank answers. Do not use ANY punctuation options for fill in the blanks.
2. Do not use "None of these". Come up with an actual fourth answer on Multiple Choice format (your third incorrect option).
3. MEDIA titles (such as titles of TV shows, episodes, movies, songs and books) belong in quotations when they accompany other text. Stand alone titles do not require quotations. Names of people, places and characters should not have quotes around them.
4. Questions need to be written so there is no chance the information can change in the future.
5. We no longer allow questions that are incredibly picky such as HOW MANY or WHEN episodes/seasons aired. These debut on different dates around the world. And, some series once cancelled get rebooted after a time. Some examples are "Doctor Who", "X-Files" and "Twin Peaks".
6. Most questions should be able to be answered by simply watching the show. Fans cannot be expected to know WHY an actor took/left a role, or other celebrity related trivia such as that, for a TV quiz. Keep questions like these to no more than one per quiz.
7. Interesting info should be mostly factual and written in complete sentences. If you are including any opinion based information, it must come with a least one sentence of information that IS factual and does NOT simply repeat the question and its answer.
TV Mixture or all-quotes quizzes require at least TWO sentences of factual information. All-quotes quizzes should describe when/why the quote was said.
8. A quiz's introduction and/or conclusion should be written in complete sentences, and any series/episode titles placed inside quotes. The quiz introduction/conclusion should end with proper punctuation and not be left open ended.
More Helpful Hints on Quiz Making:
- Read the guidelines carefully.
- This site is not upper/lower case sensitive for fill in the blank answers.
- Spell-check and have someone proofread your quiz.
- You should ask an editor for approval before creating a quiz with more than 15 questions or to have more than half of the questions be fill in the blank.
- You should vary the way you write in the question areas, for example, all the questions should NOT be phrased exactly the same way.
- Ensure you're not asking questions that have already been asked.
- If you receive a rejection or correction notice and do not understand it, please use the reply button and ask the editor for clarification. Don't just assume what needs to be changed.
- If you cannot find your old rejection notice, click on the title of your quiz and then on Quiz Notes. All your rejection notices for that quiz will be listed there. If the notices say 'corrected', it is because YOU yourself clicked on 'corrected.'
FunTrivia Quizzyland forum.
There are 0 quizzes and 0 trivia questions in this category.
|Sub-Categories With More Quizzes:|
This is category 3031
= highest rated quizzes = added recently = has extra info for each qn
= Editor's Pick = FunTrivia Editor = Gold Member
as a teaching aid or for preparing and testing students. See our education page.
· All questions, answers, and quiz content on this website is copyright FunTrivia, 2016.