Posted by: JCSon
Subject: Wit's End Team Heroes Open Invitational
Date: Jan 23 13
This virtual blog will function as a meeting place for discussion centered around this Invitational so that facebook users and non-facebook users alike can enjoy the competition together. We already have over 100 players registered representing 24 FunTrivia teams. Please see the game details (originally included in our Wit's End facebook event posting):|
Wit's End, a private tournament hosted by Funtrivia.com, invites you to our first Team Heroes Open Invitational.
This challenge is based on the Team Heroes game design at FunTrivia.com:
1. Your team does not score for the day unless a minimum of 5 team members post a score.
2. Your team score is the average of your top 5 scoring team players.
3. Your participation cannot lower your team score.
Team Heroes games will run every third day at Wit's End (http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=37636) during the month of February and will include only pre-built categories (to ensure fair play). You will have nine opportunities to score for your team on Feb 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, and 27.
Any players that are members of exisitng FunTrivia teams may represent those teams. Players who are not affiliated with an FT team, whose affiliation is unknown, or whose existing teams are not well represented will be assigned to a Free Agent team formed by the tournament administrator. Alternatively, players may request to form a team of their own.
Players are asked to register participation or check in via the event posted by Wit's End on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/570165523010826/) or by emailing the tournament administrator (JCSon1982@gmail.com). This will help the tournament administrator match names and usernames, determine your team affiliation, and establish a method of contact in case you should win one of the prizes.
1) BEST TEAM: The team with the best record at the end of the month will receive a feature on the Wit's End facebook page. (VALUE: priceless)
2) BEST TEAM MVP: The MVP of the winning team at the end of the month will receive a 12 month FunTrivia.com gold membership to be used or transferred at the recipient's discretion. (VALUE: $38)
3) SUPERHERO: All players whose scores are in their team's top 5 scores for all nine Team Heroes games will be entered into a random drawing for one nifty trivia-related prize. (VALUE: $15-$25)
4) HERO: All players who make their team's top 5 at least once will be entered into a random drawing for one small trivia-related prize. (VALUE: $5-$15)
If you are a member of a FunTrivia team, please post to your team message boards (if it hasn't popped up there already) and invite your team members to participate! Remember, you need at least 5 players per team per day to register a team score. Also, feel free to use the "Invite Friends" button at the facebook event to share with your facebook friends.
Please feel free to leave feedback for the site administrators. We will take all feedback into account as we tweak and
add new features.
The old reply to thread function was removed because it got to the point where people weren't even reading the
announcements and assuming, by default, that they were somehow being wronged or forgotten or insulted or abused or cheated out
of something in some manner.