Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 55 general entries. We are selecting 30 for display.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
Tactics Arena Online
Divine Right. Divine Right was the original administrator of "Tactics Arena: Online". He was well-known, and pretty much led the entire site for the first few years. He left after being accused of illegal action, but few people know the true events behind this. Seed created the game, and currently runs the Legends server, but is not in charge of the FPS servers in any way, though his new creations often find their way here.
The Nothing and Blind Panda are both players whom are often the source of criticism and flaming, but (thank goodness) they were never administrators.
Two guards and a leader per team; first team to kill other's leader wins.. Killing the entire other clan is a possibility, but there is always a leader and guards. There is rarely a time limit besides to maintain some interest, and there is never more than one leader at a time.
No. Shiny's title is "Not a Janitor". The origin of his name is one shrouded in confusion, but he is actually an advanced Science student in Graduate school.
|How much damage does a Pyromancer deal to a stoned assassin if the Pyro's player has a DSM, Dragon, and another Pyro on the field?||Tactics Arena Online
14 . The pyromancer's damage would initially be 24, because of the DSM, Dragon, and other Pyro. The assassin's armor would be 48 (12 + 30). This means that the damage becomes 58% of 24. Round to about 60%, you can figure it out just by doing 2.4 times 6, which is 14.4. Round down, because it's not halfway, plus you're doing 58% instead of 60%.
Kyir - Bulldog. The following were my other possible choices for correct mascots, but I didn't have room:
Jonspen - Stormtrooper
Bottle - Pikachu
Office_Shredder - Peanut
Kyir doesn't have a mascot he is well-known by. The bulldog was arbitrarily chosen.
|How many dim green reputation boxes must you have before you begin getting bright green reputation boxes?||Tactics Arena Online
5 . Once a player reaches 5 dim green reputation boxes, all other boxes beyond that are lit up. This helps distinguish higher reputations faster. No one has reached 6 RED reputation boxes, however, though The Fairplay is coming close, with 5.
Rantzu1. On banff, Rantzu1 shocked the world when he reached and surpassed 1800. Though Crx repeated this feat on Great Lakes (as did Dragoen Link, but he fell below it later. Carlos22 broke it too, but that was much more recent), he came much later. Armageddon has seen some break 1800, but not before rantzu1. Cavour's a major player, but didn't break 1800 yet.
Adaptability. The other three are all listed as criteria in the CAU threads. Adaptability, I.E. ability to fit to multiple situations, may be considered with other gameplay impacts, but is not directly looked to when deciding the validity of a unit.
Theburning. Theburning ran a highly successful grand league among Revelations players, which unfortunately died from lack of interest. It has now been somewhat replaced by a high increase in player-run tournaments.
Nads. Warcow, though contributing highly to the game as well, didn't write it Nor did Crx, but he's made an impact through skill and funny-to-read posts. Bills doesn't really do much.
|If you have an Assassin and a Cleric left over, and your opponent has a Dark Magic Witch and a Cleric, how many hits would it take to kill the Dark Magic Witch (assuming the opponent heals and moves whenever damaged, all pieces start with full health, and when the witch always attacks when it has no recovery)?
Note: Your opponent moves first.||"Tactics Arena Online": The Assassin
Three. The first move, he attacks you with his Dark Magic Witch. You respond by moving behind him and doing 18 damage, leaving him with 10 remaining. He then heals, bringing his health back up to 22. You copy him and heal, while he passes. You spend your next turn attacking again, but it is not enough to finish him off. He still has 4 health. He attacks you, and you also have 4 health. You kill him, and finish off his cleric.
Click on the square the Assassin is standing on, and hold it in until the white square disappears. You must click on the Assassin and hold in the mouse button for about three or four seconds, then let go. There is no "Desperation Attack" button.
Knight. The Assassin has a 70% chance of blocking attacks from the front, which is the second best in the game. The only piece with higher blocking is the Knight, who has an 80% chance of blocking. The Scout has a 60% chance, the Dragon Tyrant has 40% and the Beast Rider has 45%.
Four. The Assassin can move up to four squares, but can be blocked by placing units in her path. Still, she can cause a lot of chaos if handled correctly.
26. The Assassin has armor equal to twelve percent of the damage done to her. This means that if an enemy attacks you with the power of 100, then it will only do 88 damage. Armor affects all attacks except the Desperation Attack, which will always do 99.
Scout. The Scout and the Assassin both have 18 attack power. The Beast Rider has 19, the Pyromancer has 15, and the Mud Golem has 20. Assassins can also raise their attack power to 99 by using the desperation attack.
Five. The Assassin can hit all units directly beside it in a plus pattern, but can also kill herself with her desperation attack. This can only be activated when your only Assassin has four, or less, health. If you have more than one Assassin, you cannot use the desperation attack.
55%. The Stone Golem increases the armor of the units selected by 30%. The Knight has 25% armor before being "Stoned", so it will have 55% afterwards. These Knights are extremely effective in combat, because they take less than half the damage they normally would.
4. To hit a piece four spaces away, you must first move your full three movement, and then hit the piece of your choice. When attacking your opponent's cleric with Knights, you should use the opportunity to harass their other pieces using this basic (but useful) tactic.
Equal to. They both have 22 attack power. The Berserker, while weaker in other attributes, also stuns the target for one turn after a successful attack, which can be invaluable when killing scouts.
|The Knight has the highest Armor out of any attacking units in the game. When an attack hits, it is reduced by 25%. How many units can do 15 or more damage to him with one attack, assuming he does not block?||"Tactics Arena Online": The Knight
Ten. There are ten units that can do 15 or more damage with a single attack. They are the Knight, the Assassin (using her desperation attack), the Pyromancer (if you have a Dragonspeaker Mage and a Dragon Tyrant), the Dragonspeaker Mage (if you have a Dragon Tyrant), the Dark Magic Witch, the Lightning Ward, the Mud Golem (regular attack), the Golem Ambusher, the Dragon Tyrant (if you do not have a Dragonspeaker Mage), and the Berserker.
7. The scout has average firepower, which allows it to kill six units in two hits.
They are the Cleric, Pyromancer, Enchantress, Dragonspeaker Mage, Dark Magic Witch, Barrier Ward and the Poison Wisp.
Ten. The scout can move as much as four squares, and shoot up to six squares. If you moved four squares, and shot six, you would be able to hit a target ten squares away.
It can shoot across the board, if you need it to.
Six. The Scout has a range of six squares, which makes it the longest out of any unit in the game.
When firing, it will hit the first object in it's Line of Sight. The best way to check if it will hit your intended target is to see the percent of hitting. If it says 0, then you must re-aim to do damage.