Special Sub-Topic: Liverpool Season 2010-11: Part 2
|How many of the first 8 games did Liverpool win?|
1. Liverpool only won one of their first 8 games. It was at home against West Bromwich Albion and it finished 1-0 (it was the third game of the season). They were 19th (second last) in the Premier League table after game 8.
|How many games was Liverpool's longest losing streak in the 2010-11 Premier League season?|
2. Surprisingly, It was only two games. However, they achieved this feat 4 times during the season (in October, Decemebr, Janauary and the last two games of the season in May).
|How many games was Liverpool's longest winning streak in the 2010-11 Premier League season?|
4. The lngest winning streak of 4 games came in late January - early February, being games 23-24-25-26 of the season: Wolves (A) 3-0, Fulham (H) 1-0, Stoke City (H) 2-0 and Chelsea (A) 1-0. In that time Liverpool went from 13th in the table up to 6th.
|Which home game saw Liverpool's highest attendance of the season?|
Everton. 44,795 v Everton
44,753 v Manchester United
44,734 v Birmingham City
44,238 v Chelsea
The ground capacity at Anfield is 45,276.
|Who was the referee for the game Arsenal v Liverpool at the Emirates?|
Andre Marriner. It was a major talking point after the game as they played 12 minutes of injury time when it was only supposed to be eight. There were two penalties and Liverpool equalized in the 102nd minute with a Kuyt penalty, which all but ending Arsenal's title challenge.
|What game recorded Liverpool's lowest attendance of the season?|
Liverpool v Northampton Town. Liverpool's lowest attendance was against Northampton Town with 22,577 in the Third Round of the League Cup. The second lowest was against Steaua Bucherest with 25,605 in the Group phase of the Europa League. Liverpool vs Bolton recorded the lowest Anfield attendance for a Premier League match with 35,400.
|How many Europa League games did Liverpool fail to score in?|
6. Three 0-0 draws in the Group phase, then 0-0 vs Sparta Prague in the Second Round, 1-0 loss away to Braga in the Third Round and 0-0 in the return leg at Anfield.
|Who wore the number 42 shirt for Liverpool?|
Peter Gulacsi. Peter Gulacsi wore the number 42 shirt. He didn't play a single game for the first team.
|Which of these squad numbers was NOT assigned in the 2010-11 season?|
3. The number 3 shirt was not assigned to any player.
22 = Danny Wilson
33 = Jonjo Shelvey
49 = Jack Robinson
|Which of the following players was NOT loaned out all season?|
Conor Thomas. The correct answer is Conor Thomas, he was loaned IN, not out (from Coventry City).
Sean Highdale went to Newtown (then released at the end of the season).
Chris Mavinga went to Racing Genk.
Victor Palsson went to Dagenham & Redbridge (before joining Hibernian permanently).
Did you find these entries particularly interesting, or do you have comments / corrections to make? Let the author know!
Send the author a thank you or
Submit a correction