Some sample questions from this category:
* This bird became extinct when the last pair was either clubbed to death or strangled on the island of Eldey, a barren rocky plateau jutting out of the sea off the coast of Iceland. It was June 3, 1844. The birds were likely nesting at the time.
* This bird is known only from specimens collected in 1827 on Peel Island, off the south coast of Japan.
* "Incas", the last of this unique bird species, died at the Cincinnati Zoo (Ohio, USA) on February 21, 1918.
* This bird of Mauritius, the most famous extinct bird in the world, died out sometime between 1662-1690.
* This shorebird was once considered among the most common in the Americas. The last confirmed specimen was collected in Barbados, Lesser Antilles in 1963.