Some sample questions from this category:
* As a delegate at the Democratic Convention in 1860, whom did Butler vote for, calling him "a statesman of national fame" and a war hero who would put the interests of the country over the interests of his section?
* While stationed during the war at Fortress Monroe, Virginia, what did Butler call the fugitive slaves who fled behind his lines?
* On May 1, 1862, Butler assumed command of which important Confederate city?
* Butler's efforts at sanitation and quarantine saved the Department of the Gulf from its annual epidemic of which disease?
* Among Butler's many nicknames, which historical sobriquet identified him most specifically as a thief?