Some sample questions from this category:
* In the movie, a newly-arrived convict is killed by the captain of the guards. In the short story or novelet "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" (there's no "the" in the title), there is no such incident. What caused the guard to beat the convict?
* Brooks Hatlen is a much more important character in the movie than he was in the book. For example, in the book he doesn't have a pet. What pet does he have in the movie?
* In the film, there was only one warden during Andy's time at the prison. How many were there in the book?
* Andy and Red play chess in the movie, and Andy decides to carve a chess set out of rocks. What game do they play in the book?
* Red gets the famous Rita Hayworth poster for Andy, although he has no idea what the poster is really for. In the movie, the men watch a Rita Hayworth movie. Andy says he's seen it three times and then asks Red for the poster. What movie was it?