Some sample questions from this category:
* On to Act 2. The music diverts from Elijah for a moment. The main character now becomes the angel. The angel, at this point a soprano, sings a rather graceful aria around the words: "I, I am your consoler..." Which prophet originally spoke those words?
* God does appear to Elijah, both in the Bible and in the oratorio. But in the Bible it is much less a grand appearence than that which Mendelssohn composes. In any case, where does God appear in both the Oratorio and in the Bible?
* In which year did Mendelssohn die?
* At 17 Mendelssohn wrote the overture to Shakespeare's "Midsummer Night's Dream". However, he wrote what other famous piece for the same play?
* Which country inspired Mendelssohn to create his famous "Hebrides Overture" (also known as "Fingal's Cave")?