Some sample questions from this category:
* The London Olympic Games of 1948 were the first to be held for 12 years, owing to the outbreak of world war. When the world sporting community came to reconvene at the Games, which of the following received an invitation to compete in London?
* As well as old established names being absent from the Games, a few new names appeared on the Olympic roster as independent nations. Which of the following was not amongst the newly independent nations competing for the first time?
* One consequence of war that affected the Games was the greater integration of ethnic groups. Which of the following teams did not send a mixed race team?
* What did gymnast Marie Provaznikova, of newly-Communist Czechoslovakia, do at the London Olympics that had never been done by a competitor at an Olympic Games before?
* With no Games having been held for 12 years, it was perhaps not surprising that the 1948 Games brought many new innovations to sporting competition. Which of the following was not an Olympic first in London in 1948?