Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 10 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
Kingston Frontenacs. Pouliot had eight goals and two assists in the six-game series. During the second game of the Eastern Conference semi-final against Peterborough, Pouliot was injured and Sudbury lost the series in four in Sudbury.
35. Pouliot led the Wolves in goal scoring but he finished second in team scoring to Nick Foligno, the son of Sudbury head coach/general manager Mike Foligno.
|During the 2006 OHL All-Star Classic in Belleville, how many Staal brothers did Pouliot play with for the Eastern Conference All-Stars?||The Career of Benoit Pouliot
2. He played with Marc Staal, his Sudbury Wolves teammate, and with Marc's younger brother Jordan, who played for Peterborough. Eric Staal is in the NHL with the Carolina Hurricanes and Jared Staal just started his OHL career in 2006 with the Wolves.
|Pouliot and Wolves teammate Marc Staal played together at what IIHF tournament during the 2005/06 season, and where was that tournament?||The Career of Benoit Pouliot
World Junior Ice Hockey Championships (in Vancouver). That tournament was Pouliot's first in which he represented his country for the International Ice Hockey Federation. He won a gold medal and was among the assist leaders in the tournament.
|How many goals did Pouliot score in his first game back with Sudbury after returning from Minnesota in October 2005?||The Career of Benoit Pouliot
3. In his first game back with the Wolves, Pouliot scored a hat-trick against the Peterborough Petes, and he set a season record for the shortest time to score one.
4th. Although he was second in ISS Central Scouting, Pouliot slipped to fourth after Anaheim drafted Owen Sound Attack forward Bobby Ryan second overall and after Carolina drafted U.S. Under-18 defenceman Jack Johnson third overall. Fifth overall was Carey Price, a goalie for the WHL's Tri-City Americans, who was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens.
Minnesota Wild. Pouliot's favourite team since childhood was the Pittsburgh Penguins, but they won the draft lottery so they picked first and chose Sidney Crosby, who was then with the QMJHL's Rimouski Oceanic.
|Pouliot beat Saginaw Spirit forward Marek Kvapil and Brampton Battalion defenceman Michael Vernace for what OHL award in 2005?||The Career of Benoit Pouliot
Emms Family Award. The Emms Family Award is the OHL Rookie of the Year award. Pouliot would have been unable to win the other three. The Jim Mahon Memorial Award goes to the highest-scoring right winger; Pouliot is a left winger. The Leo Lalonde Memorial Award is the award given to the most outstanding overage player in the OHL; Pouliot never spent an overage year in the OHL. The F.W. "Dinty" Moore Memorial Award is given to the rookie goalie with the best goals against average. Pouliot also beat Tyler Plante of the WHL's Brandon Wheat Kings and Derick Brassard of the QMJHL's Drummondville Voltigeurs for the CHL Rookie of the Year honours, too.
67. Surprisingly, #67 tallied 67 points in 67 games. Pouliot tied with veteran teammate Bobby Chaumont for the team scoring lead during his rookie season.
Sudbury Wolves. Pouliot played on the Wolves for two years after being drafted by them in the eleventh round, 207th overall, in the 2002 OHL Priority Selection.