Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 30 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
|Which player had the best +/- during the season?||NHL 2007-08
Pavel Datsyuk. Pavel Datsyuk had a +/- of +41, and he eventually won the Selke trophy as the best defensive forward for the Red Wings.
|How many Swedish players did the Detroit Red Wings have in their roster during the 2008 season?||NHL 2007-08
8. The 8 Swedish players were:
|Which goaltender had the most wins in the season?||NHL 2007-08
Evgeni Nabokov. Nabokov won 46 games during the 2008 NHL season for the Sharks.
Jason Blake. The Bill Masterson trophy is awarded to the player who best shows perserverence towards the game of hockey. Blake played for the Maple Leafs.
Martin Brodeur. Martin of the New Jersey Devils won his fourth Vezina trophy of his career.
San Jose Sharks. The Sharks finished first in their division and second in the Western Conference.
|Which team picked Alex Pietrangelo 4th overall in the 2008 NHL entry draft?||NHL 2007-08
St. Louis. The top 5 picks were:
1. Tampa Bay: Steven Stamkos
2. Los Angeles: Drew Doughty
3. Atlanta: Zach Bogosian
4. St.Louis: Alex Pietrangelo
5. Toronto: Luke Schenn
|Did Colorado have a first round draft pick in the 2008 NHL entry draft?||NHL 2007-08
No. Colorado's first round pick went to the Columbus Blue Jackets at the NHL trade deadline.
|The San Jose Sharks acquired Brian Campbell and a seventh round pick, in exchange for the Sharks' first round pick and which other player?||NHL 2007-08
Steve Bernier. The Sharks acquired Campbell at the trade deadline and won 11 straight games after the acquisition of Campbell.
Nobody did. Nobody had 29 points for Pittsburgh. Crosby led them all with 27.
Henrik Zetterberg & Niklas Kronwall. Henrik Zetterberg (Detroit) and Niklas Lidstrom (Detroit) had a plus/minus of 16 for the playoffs.
3. The three players were Alexander Ovechkin (Washington), Ilya Kovalchuk(Atlanta), and Jarome Iginla (Calgary).
2. The two players are Alexander Ovechkin (Washington) and Evgeni Malkin
False. Osgood (Detroit) led the league in goals against average.
Joe Thornton. Joe Thornton (San Jose) had 67 assists in 2008.
Pavel Datsyuk. Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit) had a plus minus of +41 in 2008.
|Who was the rookie with the worst plus/minus during the regular season?||NHL 2007-08
Sam Gagner. Sam Gagner of the Edmonton Oilers was the rookie with the worst plus/minus. He had -21 during the regular season.
|How many rookie goaltenders had at least one win during the 2007-08 regular season?||NHL 2007-08
13. Carey Price (Montreal), Mike Smith (Dallas and Tampa Bay), Josh Harding (Minnesota), Jonas Hiller (Anaheim), Karri Ramo (Tampa Bay), Erik Ersberg (Los Angeles), Ondrej Pavelec (Atlanta), Jaroslav Halak (Montreal), Tuukka Rask (Boston), Brian Elliott (Ottawa), Corey Crawford (Chicago), Jonathan Quick (Los Angeles), and Jonathan Bernier (Los Angeles) were the rookie goaltenders with at least one win during the season.
|Which goaltender had the most penalty minutes in the season?||NHL 2007-08
Rick Dipietro. Rick Dipietro of the New York Islanders had 18 penalty minutes.
|Which goltender had the most losses during the regular season?||NHL 2007-08
Roberto Luongo and Thomas Vokoun. Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks and Thomas Vokoun of the Florida Panthers had the most losses with 29 during the regular season.
|Who scored the most game-winning goals during the playoffs?||NHL 2007-08
Johan Franzen. Johan Franzen of the Detroit Red Wings led the NHL with 5 game-winning goals during the playoffs. Mike Modano of the Dallas Stars and Joe Pavelski of the San Jose Sharks scored 3 game-winning goals. Henrik Zetterberg of the Detroit Red Wings had 4 game-winning goals.
|Who scored the most power-play goals during the 2007-08 playoffs?||NHL 2007-08
Johan Franzen and Daniel Briere. Johan Franzen of the Detroit Red Wings and Daniel Briere of the Philadelphia Flyers led the NHL with 6 power-play goals during the playoff.
Daniel Carcillo. Daniel Carcillo of the Phoenix Coyotes had 324 penalty minutes.
|Who scored the most short-handed goals during the regular season?||NHL 2007-08
Daniel Alfredsson and Patrick Sharp. Daniel Alfredsson of the Ottawa Senators and Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks led the NHL with 7 short-handed goals during the regular season.
|How many players in the NHL scored 40 goals or more during the regular season?||NHL 2007-08
10. Ten players scored 40 goals or more. Alexander Ovechkin (65 goals Washington), Ilya Kovalchuk (52 goals Atlanta), Jarome Iginla (50 goals Calgary), Evgeni Malkin (47 goals Pittsburgh), Henrik Zetterberg (43 goals Detroit), Brad Boyes (43 goals St. Louis), Marian Gaborik (42 goals Minnesota), Dany Heatley (41 goals Ottawa), Vincent Lecavalier (40 goals Tampa Bay), and Daniel Alfredsson (40 goals Ottawa).