Special Sub-Topic: Player Numbers: 2001
|Kicker Adam Vinatieri made a winning field goal kick during the Super Bowl with 6 seconds left in regulation. What number was he wearing?|
|Quarterback Tom Brady wore which number?|
12. Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe, who then left to play for Buffalo.
|Punter Ken Walter was which number?|
13. Walter became the punter after Lee Johnson was released. Walter was waived by the Carolina Panthers.
|Cornerback Ty Law was number _____ ?|
24 & twenty four & twenty-four. Law played in the Pro Bowl.
|Running Back Antowain Smith wore number _______ ?|
32. Smith was a major part of the Patriots' success.
|Safety Lawyer Milloy was number 36.|
T. Milloy was in the Pro Bowl.
|Fullback Marc Edwards wore number ________ ?|
44. Edwards previously played for the Browns and 49ers.
|Linebacker Ted Johnson, a member of the 1996-97 Patriots, was number ___ ?|
52. Johnson was a member of the 1996-97 Patriots.
|Linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who also played on the Super Bowl XXXI team that lost to the Packers, was number ____ ?|
|Tackle Matt Light was number ___________ ?|
72 & seventy two & seventy-two. Light was a rookie out of Purdue University.
|Guard Mike Compton was number 77.|
T. Compton played for the Pats after he left the Lions.
|Wide Receiver Troy Brown wore what number?|
80. Brown was in the Pro Bowl.
|Tight End Rod Rutledge was number ___ ?|
83. Rutledge subsequently became a member of the expansion team Houston Texans.
|Defensive Tackle Richard Seymour wore which number?|
93 & ninety three & ninety-three. Seymour was a rookie out of Georgia.
|Defensive End Willie McGinest was number ___ ?|
55. A McGinest holding penalty during the Super Bowl negated a fumble TD return. The Rams scored with a Kurt Warner 2-yd. TD run.
|One member of the Patriots made a snow angel at Foxboro Stadium after the Pats beat the Raiders in the Divisional Final. What was his number?|
66. Lonie Paxton, the long snapper, made the snow angel at the end zone for the final game at Foxboro Stadium. The new home field for the Patriots is CMGI Field. 65 is C Damien Woody and 55 is DE Willie McGinest. There was no 56.
|One member of the Patriots had three brothers who were New York firefighters. What is his number?|
63. Guard Joe Andruzzi had three brothers who helped out at Ground Zero.
|What was the highest number for a member of the Super Bowl active roster?|
98. Defensive end Anthony Pleasant has number 98. Linebacker Kole Ayi has 99, but he was injured. 96 is Defensive Tackle Brandon Mitchell and 97 is DT Riddick Parker.
|Which of these is not the number of a Quarterback?|
15. Jimmy Farris was a Wide Receiver who entered late in the season. He has 15. QBs Brady, Bledsoe, and Damon Huard occupied 11, 12, and 19, respectively.
|Which is the number of a Super Bowl XXXI player who was on the Jets the next year?|
45. Otis Smith worked under Bill Parcells while in New England. Parcells left his coaching job before the Super Bowl started. LB Bryan Cox (51), TE Jermaine Wiggins (85) and LB Roman Phifer (95) did not play for the Pats in the 1996-97 season.
|Which of these is the number of OT Stephen Neal, a former NCAA wrestler?|
61. Neal wrestled for Cal State Bakersfield. He was cut by the Patriots during the preseason, played and later waived by the Eagles after spending 13 weeks on the practice squad, and later became a roster player for the Pats. 72 is Matt Light, 76 is Grant Williams, and 64 is Greg Robinson-Randall.
|During a game against Miami, RB Patrick Pass got his first career NFL touchdown. What is his number?|
35. Pass was a second-year player out of the University of Georgia. 33 was Kevin Faulk, 32 is Antowain Smith, 21 was J.R. Redmond.
|During the Conference Championship against the Steelers, WR Troy Brown lateralled to CB Antwan Harris for a touchdown. What was Harris' number?|
23. Harris was a second-year player out of Virginia. 22 was Terrance Shaw, 24 was Ty Law, 25 was Leonard Myers. The touchdown came from a blocked field goal attempt.
|Which of these numbers was occupied by a former XFL player?|
84. WR Fred Coleman played for the Chicago Enforcers. Troy Brown (80), Charles Johnson (81), and David Patten (86) were not in the now-defunct league.
|Which of these numbers was not occupied by a cornerback?|
26. S Matt Stevens (subsequently a Houston Texan) was 26. Leonard Myers (25), Terrell Buckley (27), and Je'Rod Cherry (30) were cornerbacks.
Did you find these entries particularly interesting, or do you have comments / corrections to make? Let the author know!
Send the author a thank you or
Submit a correction